Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-14-2019, 06:33 AM   #31
depalma113

They harrowed the track before a rainstorm and than punish the jockey for the horse spooking on light reflected from the giant puddles on the track.

Seems about right for a bunch of morons.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2019, 07:23 AM   #32
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I don't condemn the Wests for litigating. The stakes are high, so you take a shot.

But the odds are very low, and I really hope they don't win.
I just would like to see the truth revealed.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2019, 08:40 AM   #33
Raider

[QUOTE=dilanesp;2466348]I think it is quite misleading to say people "don't believe what they are seeing".

My objection is a lot more basic than that. I don't think selectively edited and altered videos produced by lawyers even count as evidence in a disqualification for interference.

I have no doubt that WOW did make contact with MS. The video showed five strikes, so that would be five lenghts, or one second. That caused MS to drift out and impact the horse next to him, who was the same horse behind him? seems to me some footage is missing.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2019, 08:49 AM   #34
bobphilo

Quote:
I don't know about that with respect to this case, but in general, I think horse racing needs to drastically fix its suspension system.

Appeals should take a couple of days. And there should be no "designated race rule". You get suspended, you serve the suspension, and you do it immediately, not during the winter when you might like some time off anyway.

Baseball doesn't allow players to serve their suspensions during spring training or to have a "designated at bat rule" where they can come in and pitch hit in the bottom of the 9th inning despite being suspended.
Right. I recall Pat Day once had to lose his ride on the Belmont because he refused to play that game that lets you keep riding during an appeal. I don't agree with his religious beliefs but I honor the man's integrity.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2019, 08:54 AM   #35
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113 View Post
They harrowed the track before a rainstorm and than punish the jockey for the horse spooking on light reflected from the giant puddles on the track.

Seems about right for a bunch of morons.
Ah, but Saez himself changed his story about being spooked and now claims WoW caused him to swerve.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:00 AM   #36
bobphilo

[quote=Raider;2466444]
Quote:
I think it is quite misleading to say people "don't believe what they are seeing".

My objection is a lot more basic than that. I don't think selectively edited and altered videos produced by lawyers even count as evidence in a disqualification for interference.

I have no doubt that WOW did make contact with MS. The video showed five strikes, so that would be five lenghts, or one second. That caused MS to drift out and impact the horse next to him, who was the same horse behind him? seems to me some footage is missing.
There are no photos or video that shows MS's hindquarters pushed to the rail. Only his front veering out as he begins to swerve, People see what they want or expect to see.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #37
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So make it 3 days for the infraction and 12 days for lying later.
I can live with 15 days.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:11 AM   #38
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
Ah, but Saez himself changed his story about being spooked and now claims WoW caused him to swerve.
I originally thought MS swerved because he got what my British racing friend calls "the wobbles". That is, he got tired in the stretch and couldn't keep a straight line due to fatigue. Serena's Song used to get the wobbles when she tried to run 10 furlongs in the American Oaks at Belmont. I'm trying to find the video and will post it.

However, after closely watching the replays of the NBC live video on youtube and then seeing the lawyer's video I changed my mind. On closer analysis it became obvious to me that WOW ran into MS.

So I have changed my story, too, based on the new evidence.

Last edited by highnote; 05-14-2019 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:26 AM   #39
Gold Medal

Saez is like Trump and the Stewards are acting like a democrat committee.

Scott Spieth does this same exact thing in a 5,000 claimer at Thistledown and we all know he would also get 15 days because the stewards care so much about equality lol

Do you think Saez has eyes in the back of his head ? How would he know wow scraped. Max security ?

TG should have gotten the days ...
Gold Medal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2019, 10:07 AM   #40
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Medal View Post
Saez is like Trump and the Stewards are acting like a democrat committee.

Scott Spieth does this same exact thing in a 5,000 claimer at Thistledown and we all know he would also get 15 days because the stewards care so much about equality lol

Do you think Saez has eyes in the back of his head ? How would he know wow scraped. Max security ?

TG should have gotten the days ...
Acting like Trump. Yes, a pathological liar and the stewards,, like the Dems, are holding his feet to the fire.

A good rider can tell if a horse's hindquarters are being swept out from under him if he has any feel for his horse. I wish people who don't get this would maybe do a little riding. I don't care how many years someone has been handicapping if they don't understand what it's like to be on a horse.

Last edited by bobphilo; 05-14-2019 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:30 AM   #41
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
A good rider can tell if a horse's hindquarters are being swept out from under him if he has any feel for his horse. I wish people who don't get this would maybe do a little riding. I don't care how many years someone has been handicapping if they don't understand what it's like to be on a horse.
It doesn't sound to me like he denied being swept out. It sounds like he didn't know why his horse veered out and was guessing.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:50 AM   #42
NY BRED
GARY

Luis Saez

time out regarding this chatter about Luis Saez and his role in controlling
MS.

Go to YouTube, watch and listen to Bill Mott regarding Luis and this issue.

If watching this on youtube, Mott's version is stated about 75%
into the discussion. If viewing on your computer, go to part 2 of 2,
about halfway through the video is Bill's response

Doubtful he'll step up for Luis, but hopeful we may jump into this matter
NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2019, 07:29 PM   #43
bpiets
Veteran

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY BRED View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen:

the ultimate salvo has been fired by Churchill Downs
I believe this is a major insult to the thoroughbred owners, trainers, and Jockeys both in the U.S. and perhaps to overseas interests who
ship to America for various high-level races.

There is no need to repeat what we all know and stated in this forum.

Who knows, perhaps Mr.Trump may intervene, and I am not being sarcastic
Lol....if mr trump does do any thing he may have found the tools to finally get the democrats to consider listening ...mr trump was out right wrong in his comment about the K D disqualification...as was mr west etc...
bpiets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2019, 07:32 PM   #44
bpiets
Veteran

Cool

Well, Saez did not completely control his mount and did interfere with the out come...
bpiets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2019, 12:13 AM   #45
nijinski

Thumbs up

Remembering some things. Cordero did
You may want to forward past halfway through
For all the replays

Last edited by nijinski; 05-15-2019 at 12:15 AM.
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: