Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-30-2019, 11:00 AM   #31
theguarantee

You didn't realize when you posted that you liked every horse in the race that you didn't have a clear picture of it?

Just messing with you, I always appreciate your posts, but def didn't feel like you had any type of true opinion in here.

Personally, I make Hidden Scroll the best speed and Bourbon War the best closer. I think both have legitimate reasons to improve and turn the tables on Code of Honor who sat the all-time trip in the last. Maximum Security is a wild card that probably only Jason Servis really knows what to truly make of. But he's basically a bet against from every "known" angle in the world.

I think Bodexpress, Garter and Tie, Harvey Wallbanger and Union's Destiny are all nice horses, but not necessarily of the same caliber.

I may be wrong but I'm keeping this race simple. There are four logical contenders and I'm against two, so rolling with the other two and trying to be alive to them both in the mandatory payout pool.

Good luck.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:37 PM   #32
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguarantee View Post
You didn't realize when you posted that you liked every horse in the race that you didn't have a clear picture of it?

Just messing with you, I always appreciate your posts, but def didn't feel like you had any type of true opinion in here.

Personally, I make Hidden Scroll the best speed and Bourbon War the best closer. I think both have legitimate reasons to improve and turn the tables on Code of Honor who sat the all-time trip in the last. Maximum Security is a wild card that probably only Jason Servis really knows what to truly make of. But he's basically a bet against from every "known" angle in the world.

I think Bodexpress, Garter and Tie, Harvey Wallbanger and Union's Destiny are all nice horses, but not necessarily of the same caliber.

I may be wrong but I'm keeping this race simple. There are four logical contenders and I'm against two, so rolling with the other two and trying to be alive to them both in the mandatory payout pool.

Good luck.

Good luck. Thinking out loud.

Hope we have a good race, and some valuable opinions moving forward.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:26 PM   #33
Andrick

I like the at 7/2 or better, and I also like both the and underneath as prices like some others have mentioned. The makes complete sense on the win end, but the price will be terrible. The will be no bargain either compared to the win chances I give him, although I suspect he'll be around to get a piece of it at the end. None of the other runners are of interest to me.

Yuck. Tough race for me to find much value in.
Andrick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2019, 03:58 PM   #34
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrick View Post
I like the at 7/2 or better, and I also like both the and underneath as prices like some others have mentioned. The makes complete sense on the win end, but the price will be terrible. The will be no bargain either compared to the win chances I give him, although I suspect he'll be around to get a piece of it at the end. None of the other runners are of interest to me.

I’m tossing 9,10,and 11. The GP stats on horses going 9 furs at posts 8 and wider are abysmal. Code of Honor had a perfect trip last time and barely won. Today he’s going to lose a ton of ground and I don’t see how he can make up for it. I feel that the ML is bad. He’ll be at least 5-1 IMO.
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2019, 04:11 PM   #35
Andrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629 View Post
I’m tossing 9,10,and 11. The GP stats on horses going 9 furs at posts 8 and wider are abysmal. Code of Honor had a perfect trip last time and barely won. Today he’s going to lose a ton of ground and I don’t see how he can make up for it. I feel that the ML is bad. He’ll be at least 5-1 IMO.
"He'll be at least 5-1 IMO."

I hope so, otherwise it's going to be tough finding a play this race without forcing one.

Best of luck to you, Arw.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:38 PM   #36
woodtoo

Like the to run em all down he's done no wrong yet unless you call 3 second's wrong.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:46 PM   #37
ldiatone

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2019, 05:49 PM   #38
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone View Post
Vegas!
Old 03-30-2019, 05:55 PM   #39
Andrick

Quote:

I feel like getting a bit goofy this race, so addition to playing the to win at those odds, I see myself playing a couple of small / exactas as well.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:00 PM   #40
098poi

I like the too but I'll say

, , Ex box
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2019, 06:07 PM   #41
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I'm going with and
Old 03-30-2019, 06:10 PM   #42
Robert Fischer
clean money

Old 03-30-2019, 06:33 PM   #43
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
"He'll be at least 5-1 IMO."

I hope so, otherwise it's going to be tough finding a play this race without forcing one.

Best of luck to you, Arw.
Based on the double will pays 9 will be between 9-2 and 5-1.
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2019, 06:44 PM   #44
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

I’m no expert in appearances but Code of Honor looks amazing on the track.

/ , / , , ,
Dahossdaboss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2019, 06:44 PM   #45
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
This horse is the biggest puzzle of the season.
The West barn never places any of their good horses in claimers.
When they do put one in a claimer,the horse is no good.
I've never seen them wrong yet.
To confuse even more........MS sire won the BC Juvy for West........and he held on to New Years Day to stand him.
Plus.......Baffert gets all of the barns top colts.......geez.
And now Maximum Security rolls on in,debuts in a 16k maiden claimer.......and acts like War Admiral.
This horse has to have a giant hole in him............but I don't think it really matters now.
I'll make him my choice in the race.......I guess.
Bourbon and the Pletcher underneath.
And Hidden Scroll couldn't of drawn any better going 9 furlongs @ GP with no speed posted next to him.........he really gets to call his own shots in this race..........I have no interest in him,but plenty of people like him.......they have to be pleased with the one hole.
Servis must have better hay, oats and water than most trainers, hitting at a 45% GP win rate this season.

Suiz also is within a couple races of Ortiz for riding title ... should be interesting.

box
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply