Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-01-2018, 08:47 AM   #151
jahura2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Other than Andy Serling, I can't imagine giving a good crap what any other handicapper thinks.

And even then, I use the info he give to supplement my handicapping.

This almost sums up my entire approach to public handicappers. I would have to add David Aragona to the short list with Andy. Between the two of them I get a lot of information useful in betting NYRA races.
jahura2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 06:20 AM   #152
cato
Irrationally exuberant

Amen, JimG !
cato is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 10:56 PM   #153
v j stauffer

If I made my selections for Belmont and Santa Anita available for purchase do you think there would be a market?
Old 10-08-2018, 11:44 PM   #154
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
If I made my selections for Belmont and Santa Anita available for purchase do you think there would be a market?
no

sorry
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2018, 09:20 AM   #155
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahura2 View Post
This almost sums up my entire approach to public handicappers. I would have to add David Aragona to the short list with Andy. Between the two of them I get a lot of information useful in betting NYRA races.
David had a stellar day yesterday.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2018, 10:37 AM   #156
castaway01

Quote:
You'd have a better chance of getting a track to pay you to post your handicapping advice/picks on their website, though knowing how things go that would probably just be an additional duty they'd tack on wherever you were calling races rather than something you'd get paid more for.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2018, 01:27 PM   #157
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahura2 View Post

I watch TVG maybe 2 hours a week. I couldn't name any of them, or pick them out of a line up. Its the general Horse chitter and chatter that I enjoy in the background when I play..

They're all good , most of them have been there forever, and I appreciate what they do. To do what they do is not easy at all.

The best guest they ever had was me, 15 years ago. I put them on the Map.

As far as picks..who needs other peoples picks when you have BB & W?

I was badly traumatized by west coast racing. Russel Baze riding glorified quarter horses on Ice at Bay Meadows. I turned away from the west coast and never went back.

Andy Serling is my go-to. I listen closely to him. Andy is selective who he has on so his guest's get a running start with me too.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg suff_w_caton_greg.jpg (49.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Vanity Plate Handicapping.jpg (301.0 KB, 29 views)
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #158
Suff
Beat up 💪

Footnote: To much of a good thing having industry people here. All they do is lurk and Peacock themselves at any chance.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #159
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
Footnote: To much of a good thing having industry people here. All they do is lurk and Peacock themselves at any chance.
I don't lurk. I don't Peacock.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #160
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
I don't lurk. I don't Peacock.
Didn't mean to precisely include you at all. I saw you on an interview and thought you were a pretty sharp horse player. That's all I need , that's the only test I give.

The other stuff you get down with, cat fights, twitter feuds, that's boring and strange to me. But as a horse player I give you props.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:46 PM   #161
thaskalos

I, personally, would love it if MORE "industry people" posted here...even if they mostly "Peacocked" themselves. It could only add to the interest generated by our discussions...IMO.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #162
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I, personally, would love it if MORE "industry people" posted here...even if they mostly "Peacocked" themselves. It could only add to the interest generated by our discussions...IMO.
Its not like it can be controlled anyway right? We'd need a doorman checking credentials...

Its all good. I'm not invested in my own opinion at all. Just jabbering.

Frontsiders are the only people at the racetrack not being paid to be there. And traditionally, old days, Frontsiders kept a distance from backsiders and vis versa. It was culture I guess. Circled in the same orbit but not touching.

You can hurt a trainer talking shit about his horses.
You hurt a gambler by talking shit about his bets.

Also, I hate to think the beautiful sweet likes of Gaby Gaudet and Maggie Wolfendale would see some of my off color remarks. Frontsiders misbehave. Sorry girls.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:50 PM   #163
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
No upside to it and it could end up costing them their jobs. That's why most don't
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 07:46 AM   #164
sour grapes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
No upside to it and it could end up costing them their jobs. That's why most don't
thats not true ,ive seen guys like vic and peter berry posting without losing their jobs.
sour grapes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 09:46 AM   #165
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Its not like it can be controlled anyway right? We'd need a doorman checking credentials...
Well YOU would have to be our "greeter."
Who knows more race track people than YOU do?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: