Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-13-2019, 11:27 PM   #1
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

G1 Apple Blossom R8 Oaklawn 4/14/19

Two of the very best horses in training square off in this dandy. Elate and Midnight Bisou are easily recognized as the two favorites, but the rest of this field isn't exactly chopped liver either.

While only 6 horses are entered, it is a very solid field.

Elate: The even money super mare got beat by Midnight Bisou just last out. You'll never get an appetizing price on this gem, and she is a monster. Should be cranked up for her 2nd out as a 5YO.

Chocolate Martini: She has ran against a lot of good ones, and beat a few back in the day. Her 2nd race as a 4YO becomes really interesting. Is she good enough with these, or should she be relegated to stakes races? Bullet works are intriguing. ML of 15/1 can't be real.

Escape Clause: She has won 20 races in 30 lifetime starts. Yes. Read that again. 20 wins in 30 starts. While she hasn't beat a waffle of great horses, she did win a G3 just 3 back. Maybe in over her head, but she isn't a front running type, so things could set up for her. ML 5/1 will be 12/1 come post.

Viva Forever: 10 for 32 lifetime, but really hasn't beat much of anything. Has stepped into G3s before, and was spanked. Really really hard to see her being any kind of competitive in here.

Wonder Gadot: Got a lot of hype running in the Travers last year against the boys. Wasn't her best day, nor has she ran all that well since then. She has back class in which she has beat Midnight Bisou, and been competitive with others. Her 2nd as a 4YO could be a wake up call. Sneaky contender that could upset.

Midnight Bisou: The champ is in full regale. Mile and 1/16th fits her square in the mouth, and she is undoubtedly the one to beat. 2 for 2 as a 4YO; she could stamp herself as the Queen Bee with a victory here. All signs say she can't be beat. Then again, she isn't beating others by open lengths. 13 for 13 hitting the board, and 10 for 13 in the Exacta. Even if you want to beat her, you can't exclude from the exacta.

SUMMARY: Yes, it is a short field, but it is loaded with really good Fillies and Mares. Really good. Hard to look past the or , but the and are interesting. Regardless, this is a must watch race.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2019, 06:35 PM   #2
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Gotta throw a couple of nickels towards Wonder Gadot at 12/1

are amazing fillies/mares, but I think Wonder has a race or two in her yet.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:57 PM   #3
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

WOW!

Escape Clause ran her eyeballs out.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:44 PM   #4
cutchemist42

Was really pulling for the former ASD horse. Ran a great race.
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #5
linrom1
Veteran

Elate looked like a cow moving and weaving down the lane. I have no idea what Mott is doing with this horse running 1 1/16 now twice.

She is either through or Mott will finally run her at 1 1/4 which is what she was supposed to be doing but the way she looked I think she is finished.

Last edited by linrom1; 04-15-2019 at 11:47 AM.
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #6
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1 View Post
Elate looked like a cow moving and weaving down the lane. I have no idea what Mott is doing with this horse running 1 1/16 now twice.

She is either through or Mott will finally run her at 1 1/4 which is what she was supposed to be doing but the way she looked I think she is finished.
what 10f grade 1/2 races are out there in the spring
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2019, 10:24 PM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
what 10f grade 1/2 races are out there in the spring
None of course. I don't think she is the same horse. That Elate/Abel Tasman battle from last year seems to have taken a toll on both of them.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2019, 09:16 AM   #8
classhandicapper

Elate had some trouble at the start and was kind of pinned down inside for awhile.

I'm not sure how good she is. She had that series of very good races at 3, but she caught a weak field in the Beldame and had a pretty good setup in the Alabama. Other than that one big race against Abel Tasman, she may not have moved forward much from that summer 3yo form and the older horses are just better. I'm sure they'll give her a couple more chances to jump up.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 04-16-2019 at 09:18 AM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply