Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #361
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Trumpets are a great idea, as long as they are loud enough to drown out your noise. Now that would be glorious!

Your homework for this weekend is to commit to memory 2Thes 3:10. If it becomes deeply enough embedded into the depths of your soul, you might come to understand what the apostle meant. (On second thought, you might come to believe Paul was a 1st century version of a mean-spirited Republican.)
What the hell gives you the right to assume all who don't work are lazy ass anchors draining the nation of all it's resources? That is a frequent implication you draw from misunderstood passages in the bible.

Often circumstances of life (sickness, loss of a job, economic conditions) sometimes keep people from working, so the passage was not one of inability but unwillingness.

Most of us have worked all our lives. Many at manual labor jobs. I doubt you have ever done a stitch of hard work in your life. You have no frickin idea of what is to work 2 jobs to support one's family and what one must deal with. There are many who break their asses and still are poor and need assistance.

Did you ever build anything with your hands, work the night shift on an assembly line, get up at 4 am to get picked at a union shape up? Work your way up from worker to manager? So for every tired myth about "Anchors" there are just as many who break their balls and invalidate your condescending attitudes.

Once again you take a minor passage and misappropriate it into another idiotic Boxcarian on high proclamation. You assume all the poor and unfortunate are lazy scum. Once again your ego has blinded you to the greater understanding of compassion and empathy both major hallmarks of Christianity. The drain on the economy comes not from the lazy, but overwhelmingly from the greedy.

Almost every culture has its saying about idleness. The Romans said, “By doing nothing, men learn to do evil.” Satan finds some mischief still, for idle hands to do.” The Jewish rabbis taught, “He who does not teach his son a trade, teaches him to be a thief. This is not a great truth revealed suddenly by Paul. Rather his response was in the context of a wrong understanding to the imminent return of Christ.

Quote:
The problem of idleness touched on briefly in 1 Thessalonians, seems to have only grown worse. There were those in the church at Thessalonica who had evidently stopped working and were running about in excited idleness from house to house in anticipation of the Lord’s return at any moment. This wrong response to prophesy not only led to idleness and the lack of ability to support oneself and family, but it had resulted in becoming busybodies. They also expected the church to support them. It is entirely possible that it was this group that had been spreading some or perhaps all of the false teaching discussed in chapter 2 of this epistle. Further, they were probably guilty of spreading rumors or gossip about others in the church. As Wiersbe puts it, “They had time on their hands and gossip on their lips, but they defended themselves by arguing, ‘The Lord is coming soon!
So Paul has taken common axiom of life and used it to admonish these wayward Christians who figured "hey, why should I worry, Jesus will return SOON! and there will be no need for worldly things and possessions"

Further, and more importantly the major theme, which you conveniently ignore is that one must work for one's daily spiritual bread. We already accept working for a living. But sitting on your laurels and only thinking about spiritual truths without acting or doing the inner work is stealing from God. Let me repeat that for you. Endlessly sermonizing and intellectual gymnastics don't cut it with the big guy. This is apparent from how full of yourself you are. No one walks any spiritual path with your immense weight of ego and goes further than spinning yarns.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #362
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
What the hell gives you the right to assume all who don't work are lazy ass anchors draining the nation of all it's resources? That is a frequent implication you draw from misunderstood passages in the bible.

Often circumstances of life (sickness, loss of a job, economic conditions) sometimes keep people from working, so the passage was not one of inability but unwillingness.
Someone has to present a balanced picture. You libs won't because you assume all the unfortunate are legitimate victims of life's harshness and unfairness. All you ever talk about is the supposed moral obligation of the collective to pay the freight of the less fortunate, never taking into account what percentage of those are freeloaders. Nor do you ever present the side that talks about moral obligation everyone has to work. Your disdain for this topic was made evident when you relegated 2Thes 3:10 to a "minor" passage. Let me ask you: Who died and left you in charge of determining what scripture is less important than other texts? My bible tells me that ALL scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, reproof and training in righteousness...(2Tim 3:16).

The fact of the matter is that the work ethic is a large theme in the bible. And the other fact of life is that many people don't want to work. And the other fact of life is that keeping people on welfare indefinitely will never motivate them to work. This policy will only breed ObmaBucks addicts -- people who don't know and don't care from where the money comes. People who want free stoves, free fridges, free gasoline, free condoms, free everything! The government doesn't do nearly enough to make people who are living at the public's expense "uncomfortable in their poverty" as Ben Franklin wisely suggested. Once they get comfortable, complacency and laziness set in.

And don't worry about what I have done in this life. That is not your business. One thing you can be dead certain of, however: I have supported myself all my life, starting at a very young age. I have earned my money, thank you. With some help, along the way? You bet. And in all cases, I paid back the money, many times with interest! Every red cent of it! There was only one exception and that was when I was gifted a sum of money. But I have never looked for any free rides or free lunches because there is no such thing.

The government is noted for wasting billions upon billions of taxpayer dollars. How many billions could have been saved in welfare programs if tighter controls had been in place? God only knows!

Boxcar
P.S. And one more thing: How would you know what pleases or displeases the "big guy"? You have your own direct pipeline to Him, do you?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #363
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
How I know is because on the one hand, no born again Christian, who has the Spirit of God living within him, would ask the kinds of self-righteous questions you've been asking about God's wrath.
Wait...so I have to be "born again" to ask for God's forgiveness? Really now...

Quote:
Anyone who has truly experienced God's forgiveness knows that he has been forgiven much and he fully deserves God's righteous judgment. And that person would fully understand why Christ has been tarrying for all these centuries and that it was due to God longsuffering toward his elect, not wanting any of his people to perish but for all them come to repentance (2Pet 3:8ff).
But that's not possible, is it? Many have perished without repenting.

Quote:
Or on the other hand, if you say you're not a Christian and you don't have to be one to be forgiven, then you don't have Christ and you're not forgiven either.
I said I was not a Christian?

Quote:
So, to answer your very last question in this post, no you don't have to be belong to any "earth-bound religion" (whatever that means).
Exactly. It was kind of a rhetorical question.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #364
boxcar

PA, I moved your post to the "Religious" thread. We both know at some point someone is going to accuse me of "hijacking" another thread. And it would probably you, anyway.

Boxcar
Old 03-10-2012, 02:36 AM   #365
woodtoo

time to start cappin guys
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #366
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
time to start cappin guys
Either that or come up with another Romney lie from my "stack of stuff'.

Boxcar
Old 03-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #367
woodtoo

You mean a Romney liefactor
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #368
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar
P.S. And one more thing: How would you know what pleases or displeases the "big guy"? You have your own direct pipeline to Him, do you?
I am not the obvious fraud that uses the big guy's name in vain in every annoying post. As though he is in your mahjong party on Wednesday nights and you gals share righteousness recipes and count angels dancing on pinheads, and gossip about fellow bitter elderly OLD FART retirees with no purpose left, but to compare cheap bagel breakfast joints in Ft Lauderdale

You are the most obvious insufferable biblical snob and sanctimonious name dropper ever to mount a soap box.

We all get it already for the umpteenth time. You are a constant reminder of why atheism is alive and well, and why separation of church and state is S-U-C-H a great idea!

Last edited by hcap; 03-10-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #369
boxcar

Quote:
I am not the obvious fraud that uses the big guy's name in vain in every annoying post. As though he is in your mahjong party on Wednesday nights and you gals share righteousness recipes and count angels dancing on pinheads, and gossip about fellow bitter elderly OLD FART retirees with no purpose left, but to compare cheap bagel breakfast joints in Ft Lauderdale

You are the most obvious insufferable biblical snob and sanctimonious name dropper ever to mount a soap box.

We all get it already for the umpteenth time. You are a constant reminder of why atheism is alive and well, and why separation of church and state is S-U-C-H a great idea!
You are the obvious fraud because you hve constantly claimed that God cannot be known -- that there's no such thing as divine revelation -- yet you presumed to tell me in your last post what God likes and dislikes? You are so full of contradictions, bigotry, hate and hypocrisy, that it's utterly amazing you're not crushed under the dead weight of it all!

Meanwhile, though, why don't you do something for which you could take great pride? Find some ObamaBucks whackjobs, with their hat in hand, looking for all the freebies they can get in life and help make their day with your generous contributions. You'd make a great fit with those kinds of bloodsuckers playing out your role as their sucker.

Boxcar
P.S. You could start by looking up Ms. Fluke and providing her with all the free contraception she might need. Warning: Shop carefully for the best prices because there's a chance you could go broke.

Last edited by boxcar; 03-10-2012 at 01:54 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #370
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
P.S. You could start by looking up Ms. Fluke and providing her with all the free contraception she might need. Warning: Shop carefully for the best prices because there's a chance you could go broke.
If she's on the pill, then he would be spending the same fixed cost per month no matter how much sex she has.

You're implying the more sex she has, the more he's going to have to spend. Rush made the same mistake, and you both end up sounding like fools.

Don't make it so easy for them to pick apart your arguments and make you look like a frothing idiot.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #371
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolloxedCar
You are the obvious fraud because you hve constantly claimed that God cannot be known -- that there's no such thing as divine revelation -- yet you presumed to tell me in your last post what God likes and dislikes? You are so full of contradictions, bigotry, hate and hypocrisy, that it's utterly amazing you're not crushed under the dead weight of it all!
I guess I gotta pay attention more to your style of revelation. I mean how could I have missed stuff like this?

Cue them triumphant trumpets .......

Old 03-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #372
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
If she's on the pill, then he would be spending the same fixed cost per month no matter how much sex she has.

You're implying the more sex she has, the more he's going to have to spend. Rush made the same mistake, and you both end up sounding like fools.

Don't make it so easy for them to pick apart your arguments and make you look like a frothing idiot.
But not all contraceptive costs are created equal. Maybe Flukey is into the "designer" type. Maybe she has more discriminating tastes in her drugs than in her bed mates.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2012...ve-really-cost

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6671479

Boxcar
P.S. Or maybe she's just downright cheap.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #373
boxcar

Quote:
I guess I gotta pay attention more to your style of revelation. I mean how could I have missed stuff like this?

Cue them triumphant trumpets .......
No one KNOWS with certainty when they lived. The anti-God scientists often made things up to fit their theories. Scientists are like the U.S. government: they believed staunchly in the Separation of Creator and Science.

And to show you how wrong, how very wrong -- science can be, did you know that recently a leading heart surgeon confessed that medical science has made a "huge mistake" in attributing heart attacks to high cholesterol levels? Not only was the medical community wrong on this issue, but there were huge ramifications to their prescribing the wrong treatment all these many decades!

http://guyaneseonline.wordpress.com/...ht-lundell-md/

Man is not infallible, 'cap. Science is great when its theories can be irrefutably proven. Beyond that?

Boxcar
Old 03-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #374
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
PA, I moved your post to the "Religious" thread. We both know at some point someone is going to accuse me of "hijacking" another thread. And it would probably you, anyway.

Boxcar
The self-reightous one, who always has a smart answer puts the kids gloves on for the bossman! What a chicken sh%t!

Jim Schoenfeld
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #375
lsbets

Quote:
No one KNOWS with certainty when they lived. [/url]

Boxcar
We know with certainty they did not live 6000 years ago and that the Earth and the universe are a hell of a lot older than that.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply