Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-29-2023, 09:23 PM   #1
fast4522

Henry Kissinger Is Dead at 100

Henry A. Kissinger, the scholar-turned-diplomat who engineered the United States’ opening to China, negotiated its exit from Vietnam, and used cunning, ambition and intellect to remake American power relationships with the Soviet Union at the height of the Cold War, sometimes trampling on democratic values to do so, died on Wednesday, according to a statement that was released by his consulting firm. He was 100.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/29/u...nger-dead.html
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2023, 10:29 PM   #2
Bustin Stones

12 presidents and I don't know how many foreign leaders called upon Kissinger to listen to his advice. I'm not sure one can say that about anyone else in American history.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2023, 10:34 PM   #3
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
12 presidents and I don't know how many foreign leaders called upon Kissinger to listen to his advice. I'm not sure one can say that about anyone else in American history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2023, 10:55 PM   #4
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I doubt that most sitting Presidents actually called on the good reverend for serious advice. More likely it was his constituency that guaranteed his access.
Old 11-30-2023, 11:37 AM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Where are your facts to back up that accusation?
Old 11-30-2023, 05:17 PM   #6
myohmyjustify

I truly have very mixed feelings about Henry Kissenger, RIP.

The first thing that came to mind when I heard of his death yesterday went back to when I was a 1st year college student at Bernard M. Baruch College, school of Public and Business Administration.

One of my lecture classes was taught by a Prof. Dr. Parker whose claim to fame was that he "worked in the Truman Administration and was to get a very high-level position with Adlai Stevenson if he had beaten Eisenhower." And he was an smart, engaging fellow, fwiw.

He was asked for his thoughts about Kissenger who either just returned home from China, or was about to leave for China, in what became a very historical meeting.

Prof. Parker chuckled and said: "Ahh, Henry. I know him very well. I knew him for many years before he had his accent."
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2023, 05:32 PM   #7
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Where are your facts to back up that accusation?
Not an accusation…an assumption that most presidents were not religious.
Old 11-30-2023, 06:12 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...0denominations.
Old 12-01-2023, 02:22 AM   #9
thaskalos

Presidents Lyndon Johnson and James Garfield were "Disciples of Christ"? Who could have guessed?
Old 12-03-2023, 12:14 PM   #10
boxcar

Commentary (Obituary?) on Kissinger the Globalist by Bob Livingston

If you took a pen and piece of paper and charted all the varying opinions about Henry Kissinger's role as a mover and shaker of international events, you'd have a splotchy map that would include a continent labeled "Evil Genius," an island tagged "War Criminal" and an archipelago marked as the "Isle of Foresight." Talk about a controversial bureaucrat.

Kissinger's carefully plotted maneuverings of the United States' dealings with other countries during his time in the 20th century as head of the State Department has inspired reverence, censure, admiration, disapproval... There is little agreement on whether his influence has helped the U.S. or hurt our international standing.

For me, he was the globalist's globalist, the architect behind most of America's lost wars for empire and world hegemony for the last 50-plus years, and instigator of coups and the deaths of millions of people around the globe by the U.S. and U.S.-supplied weapons.

The former Secretary of State, long-time Council on Foreign Relations member and Bilderberger inspired people to shake in their boots. Because where Kissinger went, war followed.

The fossilized old war criminal, long-time friend-of-Hillary Clinton (through the CFR) and neocon war-making kingpin, and former "Never Trumper" — who met with Trump who subsequently promised that he and Kissinger were going to "stop the killing and death" in Syria — knew a thing or three about killing and death. But not much, it seems, about how to stop it.
Food Inflation Plot Exposed

According to some secret intel from my military contacts. The real cause is something far more concerning. it's something you need to be ready for weeks in advance.

In the 1970s as national security adviser, Kissinger oversaw the many U.S.-instigated coups throughout Central and South America, including the overthrow of Chili's democratically-elected government on September 11 (notice the symmetry?) of that year. What followed was 16 years of repression, torture and death under the fascist Augusto Pinochet and a healthy flow of profits to U.S. multinational corporations.

As The Intercept pointed out, in Kissinger's Shadow: The Long Reach of America's Most Controversial Statesman, Greg Grandin writes that as Richard Nixon's top foreign policy maker, Kissinger:

Prolonged the Vietnam war for five pointless years.
Illegally bombed Cambodia and Laos.
Goaded Nixon to wiretap staffers and journalists.
Bore responsibility for three genocides in Cambodia, East Timor, and Bangladesh.
Urged Nixon to go after Daniel Ellsberg for having released the Pentagon Papers, which set off a chain of events that brought down the Nixon White House.
Pumped up Pakistan's ISI, and encouraged it to use political Islam to destabilize Afghanistan.
Began the U.S.'s arms-for-petrodollars dependency with Saudi Arabia and pre-revolutionary Iran.
Accelerated needless civil wars in southern Africa that, in the name of supporting white supremacy, left millions dead.
Supported coups and death squads throughout Latin America.
Ingratiated himself with the first-generation neocons, such as Dick Cheney and Paul Wolfowitz, who would take American militarism to its next calamitous level.

In The Trial of Henry Kissinger, Christopher Hitchens examined what he considered Kissinger's war crimes including:

The deliberate mass killing of civilian populations in Indochina.
Deliberate collusion in mass murder, and later in assassination, in Bangladesh.
The personal suborning and planning of murder, of a senior constitutional officer in a democratic nation — Chile — with which the United States was not at war.
Personal involvement in a plan to murder the head of state in the democratic nation of Cyprus.
The incitement and enabling of genocide in East Timor.
Personal involvement in a plan to kidnap and murder a journalist living in Washington, D.C. (syndicated columnist Jack Anderson).

In the aftermath of 9/11, after Kissinger was placed as co-chair of the 9/11 Commission (the fox guarding the hen house), he resigned rather than reveal the money his private consulting company made on fees paid by Union Carbide in the wake of the Bhopal, India disaster.

He also profited over the years, according to The Nation, by:

...making sure Saudi Arabia's and, until its revolution, Iran's growing mountain of petrodollars were recycled through private banks and arms merchants in Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States—undercutting Third World demands that capital be used to fund a more equitable global economy, what was then called a New International Economic Order. Likewise, in Latin America and Eastern Europe, Kissinger Associates profited from what one of its consultants called the "massive sale" of public utilities and industries, a sell-off that, in many countries, was initiated by Kissinger-supported dictators and military regimes (Kissinger's fudging of the line between public policy and private finance, especially as it relates to the arms trade and petroleum extraction, echoes through many of the controversies of the Clinton Foundation; see David Sirota and Andrew Perez's reporting, especially "Clinton Foundation Donors Got Weapons Deals from Hillary Clinton's State Department" and "As Colombian Money Flowed to Clintons, State Department Took No Action to Prevent Labor Violations"). This sell-off was part of the global transformation to what is commonly called "neoliberalism," and what in this campaign season has come to be known as Clintonism...

Kissinger, speaking of the North American Free Trade Agreement, once said: "What Congress will have before it is not a conventional trade agreement but the architecture of a new international system... a first step toward a new world order."

When Obama was elected, Kissinger believed Obama would be the one who would finally bring the new world order into being. In January 2009, days before Obama's inauguration, Kissinger said: "... he can give new impetus to American foreign policy partly because the reception of him is so extraordinary around the world. His task will be to develop an overall strategy for America in this period when, really, a new world order can be created. It's a great opportunity, it isn't just a crisis."

Recall that I told you that the CFR had kidnapped Donald Trump. Which explains Trump's decision to bomb a Syrian air base over the fake news that Syria had used poison gas on its own people.

Kissinger once said: "When government controls food, it controls the people," and also opined that people who reject the New World Order are terrorists.

Kissinger is proof-positive that America's wars are not for freedom and liberty but for profit and soft conquest.