Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
jimk849

NY. turf today?

Any New Yorkers out there? How much rain did you get and do you think they will be on the turf today?-Thanks
jimk849 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
mabred

on belmont site

Track: Good Turf: Yielding Races off the Turf: 1,4 Notes: Both rails @ 0 For the most up to date Track conditions plea
mabred is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
jimk849

Thank you Mabred
jimk849 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
Itamaraca
Veteran

We didn't get much rain at all. But it's never about 'a lot' of rain for NYRA. Water is just not good for their precious turf courses. They need to be protected at all cost from moisture. Wonder if the NYRA tracks are all located in swamps.

I suppose after taking the day off yesterday they'd look pretty silly taking races off the turf today. And they'll probably keep all the stakes on (those FULL FIELD stakes ). But I can't believe they'll resist the urge to take at least a couple off. It's the way they roll.

Best racing in the country.
Itamaraca is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itamaraca
We didn't get much rain at all. But it's never about 'a lot' of rain for NYRA. Water is just not good for their precious turf courses. They need to be protected at all cost from moisture. Wonder if the NYRA tracks are all located in swamps.

I suppose after taking the day off yesterday they'd look pretty silly taking races off the turf today. And they'll probably keep all the stakes on (those FULL FIELD stakes ). But I can't believe they'll resist the urge to take at least a couple off. It's the way they roll.

Here's the truth.....there is no track in the Country that leaves more races on the turf after incliment weather more than NYRA. Not a single one.

Here's more truth....we got roughly an inch of rain. We are running two Grade 1 Turf races today. Running a $20K claiming race and a NY Bred Allowance race on these courses prior to the Grade 1 Stakes, given the rain, would be an eggregiously stupid move. Surely this is obvious. You will note, the race AFTER the TWO Grade 1 Stakes remains ON the turf.

You are worse than the boy who cried wolf. At least ONCE he had a legitimate gripe.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
Here's the truth.....there is no track in the Country that leaves more races on the turf after incliment weather more than NYRA. Not a single one.

Here's more truth....we got roughly an inch of rain. We are running two Grade 1 Turf races today. Running a $20K claiming race and a NY Bred Allowance race on these courses prior to the Grade 1 Stakes, given the rain, would be an eggregiously stupid move. Surely this is obvious. You will note, the race AFTER the TWO Grade 1 Stakes remains ON the turf.

You are worse than the boy who cried wolf. At least ONCE he had a legitimate gripe.
Why would anybody waste their time responding to him? P.A. what are all his previous board names?
speed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
ArlJim78

Quote:

Good luck with your Belmont plays today, because just like every other Saturday later on you'll be posting in the selections area some Belmont plays and then bemoaning how there is a conspiracy to not recognize you for your brilliant picks. Funny how you can't resist the urge to play at Belmont given how often you proclaim that they have an inferior product and don't know what they're doing.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed
Why would anybody waste their time responding to him? P.A. what are all his previous board names?
Better question - how many forums has he been kicked off of? TLG is right - maybe Fatso would share with us the data that backs up his ridiculous claims? Oh, that's right - he doesn't know what numbers are - just opinions.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

You even redboard "off the turf"? It was already stated twenty minutes before you posted that 1 and 4 were off.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
SansuiSC

I live right near Belmont. After rain storms throughout the day yeserday, we had a torrential downpour from a cell last night around 6:30 pm lasting 10-15 minutes. That was the last of the rain to hit the courses.
I think without that last burst of rain the turf might have been more firmer but it was a long and heavy downpour.
As TLG said we received over an inch if rain in total yesterday.

Last edited by SansuiSC; 09-29-2012 at 11:50 AM.
SansuiSC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply