Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
boxcar

If ObaminaitonCare Doesn't Get Overturned...

this is what we'll have to look forward to.

Socialized medicine in UK uses 'death pathway' for inconvenient elderly

A UK doctor estimates that 130,000 elderly are put on a "death pathway" under socialized medical care to spare the medical system inconvenience. According to the UK Daily Mail:

"NHS (National Health Service) doctors are prematurely ending the lives of thousands of elderly hospital patients because they are difficult to manage or to free up beds, a senior consultant claimed yesterday. Professor Patrick Pullicino said doctors had turned the use of a controversial 'death pathway' into the equivalent of euthanasia of the elderly.
"

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...t_elderly.html

Liberals do love their Culture of Death, don't they?

Boxcar
Old 06-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
this is what we'll have to look forward to.

Socialized medicine in UK uses 'death pathway' for inconvenient elderly

A UK doctor estimates that 130,000 elderly are put on a "death pathway" under socialized medical care to spare the medical system inconvenience. According to the UK Daily Mail:

"NHS (National Health Service) doctors are prematurely ending the lives of thousands of elderly hospital patients because they are difficult to manage or to free up beds, a senior consultant claimed yesterday. Professor Patrick Pullicino said doctors had turned the use of a controversial 'death pathway' into the equivalent of euthanasia of the elderly.
"

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...t_elderly.html

Boxcar
I assume you support doing away with Medicare? Is it not socialized medicine on a grand scale? I think it is.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
ArlJim78

medicare is a big part of the problem, like everything else it needs to be reformed. anyone who tries to address that issue though is accused of wanting to kill old people. except for Obama because when he took $500 billion from medicare to help fund Obamacare nobody said a word that I recall.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
medicare is a big part of the problem, like everything else it needs to be reformed. anyone who tries to address that issue though is accused of wanting to kill old people. except for Obama because when he took $500 billion from medicare to help fund Obamacare nobody said a word that I recall.
Republicans absolutely made this case - disgraceful on their apart, especially after Dems have repeatedly pulled this same crap over time. Medicare will never get reformed with this type of nonsense ("they're going to kill Granny") injected into the conversation.

And guess what (I'm addressing Medicare here), if the govt is paying for something, it should be rationed. It should not be an unlimited benefit.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

It is not nonsense when the president himself has made statements about rationing health care for the elderly.

Democrats need to focus solely on fixing health care and not polluting the resulting bill with their off-the-shelf entitlement and "green" nonsense projects.

What the repubs need to do is have the House start passing bill after bill with single targets to improve the cost of health care, such as tort reform, buying prescription drugs from other countries, making it easier to buy tailored policies, etc, and then scream bloody murder when Ding Harry Reid refuses to bring and of them up for a vote, as he is doing with 30 bills currently.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
It is not nonsense when the president himself has made statements about rationing health care for the elderly.

Democrats need to focus solely on fixing health care and not polluting the resulting bill with their off-the-shelf entitlement and "green" nonsense projects.

What the repubs need to do is have the House start passing bill after bill with single targets to improve the cost of health care, such as tort reform, buying prescription drugs from other countries, making it easier to buy tailored policies, etc, and then scream bloody murder when Ding Harry Reid refuses to bring and of them up for a vote, as he is doing with 30 bills currently.
But most Reps are opposed to reimportation. I support it - to me, it's free trade.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
TJDave

Eternal life

Quote:

Boxcar
Doesn't this mean granny will be meeting Jesus sooner?

I thought you'd be pleased.

Look, I got no problem with someone spending their own dollars extending their lives in private facilities. Healthcare, like most everything else, is finite. This means that you and I, regardless of private or public insurer pay more & more & more.

Healthcare has always been rationed...always will.
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
I assume you support doing away with Medicare? Is it not socialized medicine on a grand scale? I think it is.
Medicare is fundamentally different from ObamaCare. Look it up.

Boxcar
Old 06-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
But most Reps are opposed to reimportation. I support it - to me, it's free trade.
Most repubs are flaming idiots, too.
I don't care what party they are, they have GD jobs to do and it's time we made them do them of tar and feather them and run them out of town.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Doesn't this mean granny will be meeting Jesus sooner?

I thought you'd be pleased.

Look, I got no problem with someone spending their own dollars extending their lives in private facilities. Healthcare, like most everything else, is finite. This means that you and I, regardless of private or public insurer pay more & more & more.

Healthcare has always been rationed...always will.
But should the state play god and do the rationing?

And as far as granny meeting Jesus? Hmm...no guarantees there. Granny has long reached the age of accountability, so no free passes like for those who haven't.

Boxcar
Old 06-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
whiptastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Most repubs are flaming idiots, too.
Isn't that a site TOS violation
whiptastic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiptastic
Isn't that a site TOS violation
But the Rs are the Party of Stupid. It's their unofficial name.

Boxcar
Old 06-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
acorn54

i was having a talk with a social worker who is in the medical sphere.
he said if americans continue with their poor diets causing an unneccessary burden on the health system, then in the future their will be a need to turn some people away.
acorn54 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
TJDave

Quote:
But should the state play god and do the rationing?
And what do you think private insurers and hospitals do now?

If you want to have a debate about who should do the rationing, fine.
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #15
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
And what do you think private insurers and hospitals do now?

If you want to have a debate about who should do the rationing, fine.
Sure, I'll debate that with you anytime. The state should not get to play god and decide who'll live and who will die. At least with insurance companies their liability limits are spelled out up front in the policies for their customers to see. And who is to say that the state's brand of rationing wouldn't truly be draconian in nature and far exceed the stated limits of insurance companies'?

Boxcar