Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #31
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The sad, pathetic truth is...there are numerous Joy Behars out there on the left.
She not educated enough to have voting rights.
Says the guy who thinks the left loves Jeff Sessions.

Ultimate "Hold My Beer" moment.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2018, 02:28 PM   #32
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Says the guy who thinks the left loves Jeff Sessions.

Ultimate "Hold My Beer" moment.
Well...who is it crying in their beer over his departure?

Who is it crying constitutional crisis dead ahead because he's gone?
Old 11-08-2018, 02:28 PM   #33
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
Hmm, in California 6.3 million of those votes were in Feinstein's turf, where she ran against...wait for it...another democrat. No republican on that ticket
CA has a top 2 primary system. All running for a position face off together and the top 2 make it to general. The Repubs did not get their act together and have a choice, as they got 3rd through 7th in primary (of the 32 on the ballot).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...lifornia,_2018
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2018, 02:35 PM   #34
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Well...who is it crying in their beer over his departure?

Who is it crying constitutional crisis dead ahead because he's gone?
Nobody is crying over Sessions being fired.

They are upset at a blatant attempt by Trump to gain control of an investigation that involves him.

Can you grasp and separate these two things or would you like me to draw you a picture?
Old 11-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #35
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
CA has a top 2 primary system. All running for a position face off together and the top 2 make it to general. The Repubs did not get their act together and have a choice, as they got 3rd through 7th in primary (of the 32 on the ballot).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...lifornia,_2018

I am well aware. Was merely adding my 2 cents over the cry from some that the Democrats garnered 8 million more votes that Republicans nationwide.

The point of my response was reducing their argument to the ridiculous.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:38 PM   #36
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Red Card?
You have no idea of how out of it boxcar is. That's why most of us no longer play his games on the religious threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
The the only fools around here are people like yourself who don't see what I'm doing with Hcap by exposing his hypocrisy that he tries to cleverly conceal with his god Allegory.
Did I say dull silverware? I meant Preaching dumb silverware
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #37
hcap

Quote:
Yeah, I know.. Maybe ET, FanDan, Horsey, Mostie or Hcap can spin that for us and get us to believe it was a fair election.
We do not ha to spin anything

What the 2018 midterms mean for the Democrats’ gerrymandering dilemma
https://www.vox.com/midterm-election...gerrymandering

Back in 2010, the Republican Party, on the heels of a sweeping loss to Barack Obama in 2008, hatched a scheme it called REDMAP, short for Redistricting Majority Project. It was “the most audacious political heist of modern times,” writes David Daley, author of Ratf**ked: The True Story Behind the Secret Plan to Steal America’s Democracy, a 2016 book about REDMAP.
What the Republicans created, Daley writes, was a firewall against the popular will of voters by carving out districts that systematically favor the GOP and neutralize support for Democratic candidates. What’s more, district lines are only drawn once a decade, in conjunction with the census, so there aren’t many opportunities to reverse them. (The next census is in 2020 and the following one will be in 2030.)

One of the big questions heading into the 2018 midterm election was whether the Democrats would gain enough power — particularly in state legislatures — to redraw some of these district lines and level the playing field. As Vox’s Andrew Prokop recently explained, Democrats have a plan to win the redistricting game, but much of it turns on winning elections.

Not Fake news bunkyAnd despite this wwe won a strong majority in the house, Democrats captured seven governorships from Republican control. These wins break up the Republicans’ single-party control of state government in both Michigan and Wisconsin. The split of governors’ seats between the parties has narrowed significantly from 17 to three.

Last edited by hcap; 11-08-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:56 PM   #38
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
We do not ha to spin anything

What the 2018 midterms mean for the Democrats’ gerrymandering dilemma
https://www.vox.com/midterm-election...gerrymandering

Back in 2010, the Republican Party, on the heels of a sweeping loss to Barack Obama in 2008, hatched a scheme it called REDMAP, short for Redistricting Majority Project. It was “the most audacious political heist of modern times,” writes David Daley, author of Ratf**ked: The True Story Behind the Secret Plan to Steal America’s Democracy, a 2016 book about REDMAP.
What the Republicans created, Daley writes, was a firewall against the popular will of voters by carving out districts that systematically favor the GOP and neutralize support for Democratic candidates. What’s more, district lines are only drawn once a decade, in conjunction with the census, so there aren’t many opportunities to reverse them. (The next census is in 2020 and the following one will be in 2030.)

One of the big questions heading into the 2018 midterm election was whether the Democrats would gain enough power — particularly in state legislatures — to redraw some of these district lines and level the playing field. As Vox’s Andrew Prokop recently explained, Democrats have a plan to win the redistricting game, but much of it turns on winning elections.

Not Fake news bunky
Bud there is no gerrymander in Senate Elections.

There is Gerrymander but it happens at the state/house level. Republicans have dominated that for the past 10 years or so... so you do have a point on it but Democrats are about to take over and most map re-draws will happen in 2020/2021.

Its your turn now.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #39
hcap

Quote:
Bud there is no gerrymander in Senate Elections.

There is Gerrymander but it happens at the state/house level. Republicans have dominated that for the past 10 years or so... so you do have a point on it but Democrats are about to take over and most map re-draws will happen in 2020/2021.

Its your turn now.
Since the rethugs have become the Trumpians and the are mostly elderly white folks on their way to the happy hunting grounds. The demographics shift is naturally gonna erode the remaining gerrymandering. Woman, younger voters and people of color will re-define our elections.

That is why much of the reaming white folks hate immigration.

The 2018 election:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...htmlstory.html

Democrats captured seven governorships from Republican control. These wins break up the Republicans’ single-party control of state government in both Michigan and Wisconsin. The split of governors’ seats between the parties has narrowed significantly from 17 to three.

And State Houses.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #40
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Been going on forever.
You guys just discovering it?
Both parties do it.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:30 PM   #41
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Woman, younger voters and people of color will re-define our elections.
Add college educated professionals to that list.

As Americans become more educated, the GOP is moving in the opposite direction
https://www.washingtonpost.com/
Old 11-08-2018, 04:38 PM   #42
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Been going on forever.
You guys just discovering it?
Both parties do it.

Rethugs may be too extinct to qualify as one of those "sides" Face it Tom, we old fogeys are not forever.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:56 PM   #43
boxcar

Quote:
Nobody is crying over Sessions being fired.

They are upset at a blatant attempt by Trump to gain control of an investigation that involves him.
I don't recall you or any other liberal being upset over Holder saying he was Obama's "wing man" -- something which Trump hasn't even come close to claiming for anyone in the DOJ.

Quote:
Can you grasp and separate these two things or would you like me to draw you a picture?
As memory serves, Sessions recused himself from the Trump investigation. (Do you need me to define "recusal"?) So since Session wasn't in control of that investigation, how does that translate into Trump seizing control from Sessions?

And just how is Trump going to seize control from the new acting AG? What proof do you have that that is Trump's motive? Maybe Trump's only motive is to reign in Mueller's witch hunt to bring into line with the clearly defined DOJ rules that govern investigations by a special counsel.

In short, maybe Trump just needs an AG who is a real player and who can contribute to the game, instead of a wimpy do-nothing spectator or cheerleader hanging out on the sidelines waving his hands and arms.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:58 PM   #44
Andy Asaro

Quote:
I don't recall you or any other liberal being upset over Holder saying he was Obama's "wing man" -- something which Trump hasn't even come close to claiming for anyone in the DOJ.

As memory serves, Sessions recused himself from the Trump investigation. (Do you need me to define "recusal"?) So since Session wasn't in control of that investigation, how does that translate into Trump seizing control from Sessions?

And just how is Trump going to seize control from the new acting AG? What proof do you have that that is Trump's motive? Maybe Trump's only motive is to reign in Mueller's witch hunt to bring into line with the clearly defined DOJ rules that govern investigations by a special counsel.

In short, maybe Trump just needs an AG who is a real player and who can contribute to the game, instead of a wimpy do-nothing spectator or cheerleader hanging out on the sidelines waving his hands and arms.
It's always end justifies the means with these people. They could care less what their guys do and anything goes for their guys.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2018, 04:58 PM   #45
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Woman,younger voters and people of color will re-define our elections.
Apparently, not White women.

https://www.vogue.com/article/white-...mp-gop-problem

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: