Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: Who wins HOY? Accelerate or Justify?
Accelerate wins HOY 119 42.35%
Justify wins HOY 162 57.65%
Voters: 281. This poll is closed

Old 11-07-2018, 01:24 AM   #76
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
So....How many times are you going to repeat yourself?....It isn't going to change a thing, but just keep doing it over and over Sport, and pretty soon no one will read anything you post.....Your act is tiresome right now, about to permanently tune you out unless you pivot to more meaningful subject matter.....But what do I know?
Charlie Hayward wrote it. Read the article sport.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2018, 01:29 AM   #77
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Charlie Hayward wrote it. Read the article.
I don't have to....you've repeated it so many times, I know it by heart....Quit acting like a pinhead, I'm getting tired of your schtick, Sport.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2018, 01:36 AM   #78
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
I don't have to....you've repeated it so many times, I know it by heart....Quit acting like a pinhead, I'm getting tired of your schtick, Sport.
You know you started this drive by crap with me. What's your problem? Are you a moderator who is admonishing me or just a guy with me in your head? Sorry I upset you so much but your posts aren't gonna change a thing. They will however give me a laugh that I'm that far in your head...... sport
Old 11-07-2018, 02:48 AM   #79
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
In addition to Promises Fulfilled, who won the Grade 2 Phoenix over older horses, Shivermetimbers and Pepe Tono both won first condition allowance races over older horses during the summer.

Most recently, both the latter two horses ran in the same second condition allowance race at Santa Anita in October. They both placed (2nd and 3rd respectively), finishing in front of--coincidentally--Ike Walker, the only horse Accelerate beat all year that won more than one subsequent race.

Audible is scheduled to face his elders in December and I presume the Clark, Cigar Mile, and Native Diver might draw a 3yo or two.
So basically Justify beat one horse who won a stakes over older horses- and that was a speedball winning a sprint stakes who was entered at the wrong distance in the Derby.

Sorry Spalding, that's not good enough.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2018, 03:12 AM   #80
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
So basically Justify beat one horse who won a stakes over older horses- and that was a speedball winning a sprint stakes who was entered at the wrong distance in the Derby.

Sorry Spalding, that's not good enough.
I didn't say it was good enough. Nevertheless, there was more productivity from the 3yo crop--whether you think it "counts" or not--then the author of the linked article was letting on...

The main point was that the record of Accelerate's vanquished rivals was paltry at best. Just 4 victories from 3 horses despite dozens of starts. How do you reconcile that when you are quick to cut down the horses behind Justify?
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2018, 06:51 AM   #81
bobphilo

This whole thread just proves the weakness of the "who did he beat" school of handicapping. Any horse can be degraded by digging up out the faults of horses he beat. Even Secretariat's Belmont performance can be degraded. "Yes he won by a big margin but who did he beat, Twice a Prince? My Gallant? Private Smiles? Yes Sham was in the field but he went bad that day and ran the worst race of his life finishing last behind Private Smiles?"

I was at Belmont when Ruffian won the Mother Goose, her last race before her fatal match race with Foolish Pleasure. The filly who finished 2nd had once run in an optional claiming race but had now improved to G1 stakes placed caliber and was gaining on Ruffian in the stretch when the great filly was coasting home without urging. She won with ease and the chart said "confidently ridden". Yet some clown yelled out, "This filly is a sham. She had trouble beating a claimer".

If you read what's being said about both Justify and Accelerate you'd think they were a couple of losers who only beat a bunch of tomato cans. Just about any horse, even a great one, can be degraded by someone using the "who did they beat" philosophy.

Last edited by bobphilo; 11-07-2018 at 06:55 AM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2018, 08:34 AM   #82
Andy Asaro

Old 11-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #83
Andy Asaro

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-07-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:49 AM   #84
the little guy

It wasn't easy, but PaceAdvantage just hit an all-time low.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2018, 11:04 AM   #85
sour grapes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
why?this is a debate with no right answer...just opinions.
sour grapes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2018, 11:09 AM   #86
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Which part?

The part where random tweets from similar HOY debates being conducted on Twitter are posted in lieu of original content...

...or the part where I use Pepe Tono as a means of bolstering support for Justify as HOY?

...honorable mention to the attempt to use a California-based horse (Justify) to expose an east coast bias in the Eclipse Awards balloting...
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #87
Andy Asaro

Latest Paulick Report Poll

https://www.paulickreport.com/

Who would you vote for as North America's 2018 Horse of the Year?

Accelerate 41.51%

Justify 46.75%

Monomoy Girl 11.74%
Old 11-07-2018, 02:53 PM   #88
Andy Asaro

Old 11-07-2018, 06:43 PM   #89
Andy Asaro

Excerpt:

What once seemed like an impossibility–that Triple Crown winner Justify (Scat Daddy) would not be named 2019 Horse of the Year–now seems at least slightly within the realm of possibility. In the most comprehensive poll of Horse of the Year voters released so far, the NTRA’s Top 10 Thoroughbred poll, GI Breeders’ Cup Classic winner Accelerate (Lookin at Lucky) received 24 first-place votes to 19 for Justify.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:30 PM   #90
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Latest Paulick Report Poll

https://www.paulickreport.com/

Who would you vote for as North America's 2018 Horse of the Year?

Accelerate 41.51%

Justify 46.75%

Monomoy Girl 11.74%
A vote for Monomoy Girl is a vote for Justify.

We need all anti-Justify votes to be consolidated in Acceleeate.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: