Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-30-2017, 09:41 AM   #31
chadk66

for all we know the station did this to get a few more viewers
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 10:20 AM   #32
letswastemoney

Is anyone concerned that people can be fired based on accusations? We don't know if anything is true, and the media always has a slant.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 12:24 PM   #33
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
Is anyone concerned that people can be fired based on accusations? We don't know if anything is true, and the media always has a slant.
Unless its in violation of a contract, employers can fire employees for any reason they choose as long as its not over race or religion. At least thats what I always thought.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 12:49 PM   #34
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
That's not the comparison that's important. It's how many viewers did she have with her show at FOX, and how many does she have now? In addition, how do the two audiences compare?

I think it was a horrible move for her. She was doing serious journalism about important topics at FOX. What's she doing now? Recipes and other fluff?
If her audience is younger than the typical fox viewer (my age group) then it's the more coveted demo. The 25-54 demo is what advertisers targeted generally because they tend to spend more. The article did mention she's doing very well with 25-54

I think what we all need to remember is, she worked in a hostile work environment in regards to sexual harassment. Who could blame her for moving? Nbc may not be much better, but she needed out of fox (as did a lot of women at fox). When you think about it, it's pathetic women have to work under those conditions be it at fox, nbc, or anywhere. In that regard, what's happening now overall is a good thing to correct the environments at work
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 01:01 PM   #35
Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
My wife and I were talking about this today, what was the norm in the 70s will get you fired today, on the spot. Personally I can trace the largest differences in an office environment (in my neck of the woods) back to the mid 90s when Clinton's acts were coming forth to the public. While he was overall a popular potus, his behavior turned people off.

Lot of changes were made in that timeframe where I worked, HR had policies in place, but never enforced much unless the Creep Factor was too much to ignore...That all changed about 20-25 yrs ago, you violate policy, you were walked out. Not sure why the entertainment and teevee industry is behind the times in this regard
It was about 20 years ago that Smith Barney got sued for the "Boom Boom Room" up in Garden City, NY. Sexual harassment on steroids. How that whole issue got contained to the financial industry at the time is quite amazing. It must have been just a deep in politics and entertainment then as is being discovered now.

I predict this will shift over to the private sector and large companies to wipe it off the front pages of Hollywood and DC. You know those evil millionaires and billionaires and their binders of woman.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #36
davew

Megyn Kelly has invited Lauer and some 'accusers' to her show - just what every accused would want, aggressive Kelly castrating them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/me...cid=spartandhp
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 03:31 PM   #37
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Had to laugh. Howard Stern, of all people, said that he must be the most "appropriate" man on the planet now and they should fire all the broadcasters and give him all their jobs.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 04:13 PM   #38
davew

may be forced to sell his 27K acre sheep farm in New Zealand because foreign investors must have good character.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/matt-laue...182936961.html
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 04:55 PM   #39
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
If her audience is younger than the typical fox viewer (my age group) then it's the more coveted demo. The 25-54 demo is what advertisers targeted generally because they tend to spend more. The article did mention she's doing very well with 25-54

I think what we all need to remember is, she worked in a hostile work environment in regards to sexual harassment. Who could blame her for moving? Nbc may not be much better, but she needed out of fox (as did a lot of women at fox). When you think about it, it's pathetic women have to work under those conditions be it at fox, nbc, or anywhere. In that regard, what's happening now overall is a good thing to correct the environments at work
Housewives? Ok. Not sure Kelly sees the morning variety shows commanding more respect than the news show she used to have.

I've heard Kelly's sexual harassment claims. They were extremely minor. The guy who made the comment (something like betting she'd look good in a bra) was already long fired. She left for the money, not to get out of a hostile work environment.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #40
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
Had to laugh. Howard Stern, of all people, said that he must be the most "appropriate" man on the planet now and they should fire all the broadcasters and give him all their jobs.
Speaking of, given that Stern is so accepted and popular, and doesn't get canned, some may be a little confused as to what is acceptable.

Kelly went on his show too, and made a comment about her husband's junk, so that tells you all you need to know about how she really felt about someone commenting on her in a bra.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:30 PM   #41
MutuelClerk

The average age of a Fox News viewer is older than Methuselah isn't it? With bible in hand.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 06:49 PM   #42
Ocala Mike

Quote:

Kelly went on his show too, and made a comment about her husband's junk
I"m shocked, shocked I tell you to find out there's a double standard!

I worked for a time for the State of Florida in Child Support Enforcement, 90% women and 10% men in the office. Anti-male sexist remarks were common, but the male bosses' attitude was to look the other way and blame it on estrogen. I got out of there in a hurry.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 08:52 PM   #43
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
may be forced to sell his 27K acre sheep farm in New Zealand because foreign investors must have good character.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/matt-laue...182936961.html
Don't think the sheep will complain.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 09:15 PM   #44
ElKabong

Quote:
Housewives? Ok. Not sure Kelly sees the morning variety shows commanding more respect than the news show she used to have.

I've heard Kelly's sexual harassment claims. They were extremely minor. The guy who made the comment (something like betting she'd look good in a bra) was already long fired. She left for the money, not to get out of a hostile work environment.
Ayles grabbed her three times, the last of which he reminded her she was in the last months of her contract.

Most men learning of this would kick the perps ass, or at least have a face to face talk. If someone at work grabbed your wife's ass, you'd probably have a problem I'm guessing.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2017, 07:51 AM   #45
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Ayles grabbed her three times, the last of which he reminded her she was in the last months of her contract.

Most men learning of this would kick the perps ass, or at least have a face to face talk. If someone at work grabbed your wife's ass, you'd probably have a problem I'm guessing.
I heard her on a talk show and she never said in that interview that he touched her. She acted as if the worst thing he did to her was mention that he thought she'd look good in a bra.

Regardless, he was long gone when she decided to take her new gig, so it can't be trying to get away from him that made her take the other job.

Also, a woman who subjects herself to Howard Stern can't realistically claim herself to be a delicate flower unable to deal with a pig. She willingly wallowed with one.

Last edited by Fager Fan; 12-01-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: