Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-22-2020, 01:23 AM   #31
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I am read just as well as you are, very few are confused. I did not want the shutdown of the economy. Like many I took a paper loss that will not mean much because I do not need to sell. I am the very opposite of your Trump haters that you have here, so your reading the other end of it I guess.
Who said anything about Trump?

To me, you have been one of the least direct posters I have ever witnessed in my 20 years running this website.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:46 AM   #32
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
[INDENT]
If you're not testing it's really hard to do contact tracing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
If you're not doing contact tracing it's really hard to isolate those who've become infected before they can infect others - because you don't know who to isolate.

My county discussed a drive up task force back on March 17th, but they will NOT be administering Covid-19 tests:
"Health-care providers at such clinics will be limited to checking fever and other vital signs and symptoms associated with possible respiratory illness.

There are currently no on-site tests available for COVID-19."

Then, right below that: "The health of area citizens is taking primary importance, yet as Hot Springs is the state’s most popular tourist destination and relies on income from events, conferences and travelers from across the U.S., it is impossible to not recognize the economic impacts."

They won't have a handle on asymptomic covid-positives/carriers, will have lots of out-of-state guests, and there is still a very strict 3 level priority level system in place to even get tested (apparently because there is still a shortage of tests). Task force is still discussing "continued efforts acquiring personal protective equipment (PPE)."

Another concern discussed by the task force: “Employers cannot require employees to have a negative COVID-19 test result before returning to work after any illness because testing is still limited and not available."

The part about that phrase that surprised me is that testing is still not very available....I have no thoughts one way or another about testing employees as that is a concern of their workplace, not my call.

(I know they are blue-banding oaklawn employees when they enter premises after being temperature checked......taht's probably a good idea.)

Will be an interesting summer. I will most likely not be going out of my way to attend any festivals, county fairs, etc and certainly nothing that involves tourists from everywhere. That's okay, I like hiking in national and state park, fishing, cooking at home, etc. I'll err on the side of caution for myself.

Last edited by clicknow; 04-22-2020 at 01:55 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2020, 02:09 AM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It will never stop amazing me how pliable and accepting a huge segment of the world population has become.

Imagine if during the height of the HIV-AIDS crisis, Reagan said you were going to need a negative HIV test in order to return to work...society...etc.

Oh, but you'll say....HIV wasn't anywhere near as contagious as COVID-19....

Back in the 80s and 90s, AIDS was a DEATH SENTENCE....and although it wasn't spread by casual contact (this wasn't even known in the beginning), it's not like SEX between two adults was some uncommon event in the world.

Quote:
According to the WHO, 32 million people have died of HIV since the beginning of the epidemic out of the 74.9 million who have been infected (roughly 43 percent).1

Moreover, of the 37.9 million people living with HIV today, just over 770,000 died in 2018.
Just use your brains for one second of your life.

How is it any different then the proposals being thrown around now?

Negative tests to return to work? Forced vaccinations? RFID chips? Tracking?

For what?

For a disease that, as of this very moment, has killed 70% fewer people worldwide then your garden variety flu season.

And we've been tracking this thing for MONTHS now...almost three solid months....a flu season lasts 5-6 months tops...we are 3/5 of the way in, time-wise, but not even 3/10 of the way in, deaths-wise.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-22-2020 at 02:18 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2020, 02:15 AM   #34
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Open your eyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psycho...(United_States)

There are entire wikipages devoted to what goes on out there, yet you all remain blind, deaf and dumb.

You continue to believe EVERYTHING the TV man is telling you. lulz

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-22-2020 at 02:16 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2020, 02:22 AM   #35
jay68802

Remember when you were young, and your parents grounded you. What you would do or say to get out of it?

Are you willing to give up your rights to stop this? Unfortunately, a lot of people are. And the longer this goes on, the worse it will get, and the more you will be asked to give up.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2020, 03:07 AM   #36
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Your information above is worthless without data supporting deaths that aren't due to c19+ complications. How many of these deaths are driven from stage 3 / 4 cancer patients? Diabetics in the late stages? Pneumonia + c19?

Without detailed data, this stuff you're posting is pure fiction in regards to c19.
You are proposing incompetence in data collection. And are implying all previous scientific studies have similar DIFFICULTIES.

Ok I agree. But I would rather at this ppint believe the world's experts reasoned conclusions rather than a bunch of right wing paranoid amateur crackpots denying the basics of epidemiology.

All the data is from John's Hopkins., the CDC, the WHO,and others who do this for a living. Rather than a bunch of paranoid horse players and gamblers trying to re-do the laws of the universe to their own liking.......

Meanwhile....

Sweden has nearly 10 times the number of COVID-19-related deaths than its Nordic neighbors. Here's where it went wrong.
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...erently-2020-4

Sweden: 600,000 Coronavirus Infections In Stockholm By May 1, Model Estimates
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidni.../#48233d3178d6
Old 04-22-2020, 06:16 AM   #37
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Imagine if during the height of the HIV-AIDS crisis, Reagan said you were going to need a negative HIV test in order to return to work...society...etc.
Are you speaking to me? I hope not.

I'm not for testing of employees as a condition for employment. (for MOST things).

I'm living in a town where there are 2 medical marijuana dispenseries, but most every employer tests for that.

I find this hysterically funny.

I met someone who went to school to be a home health CNA whatever you call them. He doesn't use pot, but he drinks. He just stopped drinking long enough to pass a test, which as I understand it, is a very short half life. (the pot takes around 30 days I am told, to leave the system and pass the test). Meanwhile the kid who drinks passes the test.

You think he's stopped drinking? He's a lush. He's drinking all the time. You can smell it on him. And he is now taking care of people. Everything will be fine..........until it isn't.

Employee testing doesn't seem to do a whole lot of good in most cases. Too many ways to get around it and you would have to test them weekly forever.

Last edited by clicknow; 04-22-2020 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-22-2020, 06:28 AM   #38
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Remember when you were young, and your parents grounded you. What you would do or say to get out of it?

Are you willing to give up your rights to stop this? Unfortunately, a lot of people are. And the longer this goes on, the worse it will get, and the more you will be asked to give up.
One of my rights is to decide how I wish to take care of myself.

If I keep track of what's going on and decide to be cautious, then that's what I will do.

Mixing it up with tons of people from other places isn't something I feel I wish to get involved in at this time, living in a tourist town..........sort of like how Trump has cut off immigration temporarily.

Anyone who doesn't want to be cautious doesn't have to. Some workplaces will require it. That's what they gotta do to get a paycheck. I've been required to do a lot of really dumb things to get a paycheck in my life. That's why they call it work, and they have to pay you to do it. If I don't like something enough, then I quit that job and find other means to earn $$. Been there, done that, too.

Last edited by clicknow; 04-22-2020 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-22-2020, 06:40 AM   #39
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Are you speaking to me? I hope not.

I'm not for testing of employees as a condition for employment. (for MOST things).

I'm living in a town where there are 2 medical marijuana dispenseries, but most every employer tests for that.

I find this hysterically funny.

I met someone who went to school to be a home health CNA whatever you call them. He doesn't use pot, but he drinks. He just stopped drinking long enough to pass a test, which as I understand it, is a very short half life. (the pot takes around 30 days I am told, to leave the system and pass the test). Meanwhile the kid who drinks passes the test.

You think he's stopped drinking? He's a lush. He's drinking all the time. You can smell it on him. And he is now taking care of people. Everything will be fine..........until it isn't.

Employee testing doesn't seem to do a whole lot of good in most cases. Too many ways to get around it and you would have to test them weekly forever.
I employ about 40 home health CNAs on my staff and another 30 non-CNAs. You are misinformed. I am state and federally mandated to perform drug tests for opiates, meth, amphetamines, barbiturates, and marijuana. Alcohol is not tested. You can administer the tests via blood, urine, or orally. We use oral now because it's 10% of the cost of blood tests and for some drugs, it lasts longer in the system. We take it seriously. One rotten apple can destroy everything we have created.

All that being said, we know that people stop taking drugs long enough to pass a drug screening. We also have random tests, but I wouldn't call it effective in catching drug users. The most effective means to catch users and alcoholics is observation. Those people act differently than non-users. It's hard to explain but I'm sure everyone reading this knows exactly what I mean. You can hide your drug use and alcoholism during an interview but you can't hide the tell-tale signs long term. We weed (pun) people out that way and it's effective. It's called managing your human resources.

I don't want a compromised CNA going out to your mother's house any more than I want them going out to my mother's house. We are all responsible for our actions and inactions. I appreciate your jaded view of things, but like everything else in this world, it comes down to personal responsibility for your friend and the agency that hired him.

Last edited by tucker6; 04-22-2020 at 06:42 AM.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2020, 07:23 AM   #40
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I don't want a compromised CNA going out to your mother's house any more than I want them going out to my mother's house.
So would you consider a covid-19 positive CNA "compromised"?

What if they are asymptomatic? Are you testing?

Seems like sending someone out to an elderly person's house if you don't know if they are covid-postive could be bad.

I'm curious how agencies will be handling this.

BTW the person in the story isn't a friend. It's some I walk past in the neighborhood, who other people know. He was checking his mailbox when I walked by we exchanged a few words, he smelled strongly of alcohol. I asked around about him.

Last edited by clicknow; 04-22-2020 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:19 AM   #41
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I think it would be more accurate to say that the Chicoms exported the virus. Many Chinese traveled here to the states over the Chinese New Year.
I also think its safe to say the heavy death toll in this country was due to heavy traffic volume. NYC is s huge travel hub of the world in international travel. Couple that with Cuomo's complete denial of a possible smoking gun (he expressed this emphatically often) telling new yorkers there's no need for concern. Had he implicated a similar ban that Trump did with China, thousands of lives would have been spared. This isn't rocket science, its only common sense. Other international hubs such as Chicago, LA, and Miami can be included to a similar degree.
Isn't it ironic that only Trump acted in any manner to prevent this from happening, but ultimately gets blamed by the left for the entire crisis and not acting sooner.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2020, 11:46 AM   #42
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Always remember, NK promised us a "Christmas Present" in December...and NK is buddy buddy with China...so...you know...[/url]
Hmmmmmmm.
I remember that now that you mention it....
Old 04-22-2020, 11:49 AM   #43
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Isn't it ironic that only Trump acted in any manner to prevent this from happening, but ultimately gets blamed by the left for the entire crisis and not acting sooner.
How true.
Pelosi, encouraged large crowds, Fauchi, encouraged no drastic actions, WHO, outright lied, Cuomo sold ventilators as surplus...... Trump stand alone as the one ahead of all of this.

But even he could not mitigate the total stupidity and lies from the left.
Old 04-22-2020, 05:15 PM   #44
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You are proposing incompetence in data collection. And are implying all previous scientific studies have similar DIFFICULTIES.

Ok I agree. But I would rather at this ppint believe the world's experts reasoned conclusions rather than a bunch of right wing paranoid amateur crackpots denying the basics of epidemiology.

All the data is from John's Hopkins., the CDC, the WHO,and others who do this for a living. Rather than a bunch of paranoid horse players and gamblers trying to re-do the laws of the universe to their own liking.......

Meanwhile....

Sweden has nearly 10 times the number of COVID-19-related deaths than its Nordic neighbors. Here's where it went wrong.
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...erently-2020-4

Sweden: 600,000 Coronavirus Infections In Stockholm By May 1, Model Estimates
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidni.../#48233d3178d6
You still haven't answered my question. I doubt you ever will because it doesn't fit your agenda

How many of these deaths racked up to C19 didn't involve the virus + complications ?

If the deaths involved cancer patients, diabetics etc, the numbers are fiction

And you know it
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 04-22-2020 at 05:16 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2020, 06:44 PM   #45
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

He will NEVER answer a direct question because he doesn't have a clue what the stuff he posts really means.

He posted for day that the models were right, that it was exponential, blah blah, then can't answer a simple question, what did the model predict, within freaking +/- 10,000 deaths, on a certain date.

They guy is all talky, no walky at all.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: