Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-24-2020, 07:50 PM   #16
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Fair odds would be even money.

If Trump does not win Florida he will demand a recount. If he does not win the recount he will sue. The Trump packed SCOTUS will decide in his favor. Once Trump has Florida the odds are even money for the rest of the Electoral College.

But then, the polls are wrong! Right!
The Q's is.. Are you in our out. Way to stick your nose in the post. No one cares for your prediction. That had nothing to do what this post is about. HELLO!
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2020, 07:53 PM   #17
senortout

as we return to the actual topic of this thread...

Lemme get this straight....if Trump wins, this site becomes a liberal-funded website, if he loses, PA gets to scrimp by with a little help from his real friends? whatta deal!~~

only in your dreams
senortout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2020, 07:54 PM   #18
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by senortout View Post
You are only playing with words here...

The reason I say that...when the next judge is appointed, before Trump even is voted back into office or defeated, he will, in effect, have 'packed' the courts with 3 conservative-leaning Supreme Court Judges. Thereby, thoughts on the actual results of what has transpired is tantamount to 'packing' the S. Court. This is the stuff that pulls us all further, and further, apart. So, packing is a relative term and yes, he, Trump, has endeavored to pack the court. It would be reasonable to assume that the next administration would rebalance the courts, following your line of reasoning. A further incentive to strike back, as it were? My own opinion means little of course. Fact is however, this is the road to nowhere. One must recall that a similar effort to add a judge was rebuffed by a Republican-let Senate, before the Democrats relinquished the White House.
Huh?
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2020, 07:59 PM   #19
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Huh?
Let him go. He's going off on the Nazi's bombing Peal Harbor next
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2020, 08:18 PM   #20
MargieRose

Quote:

The reason I say that...when the next judge is appointed, before Trump even is voted back into office or defeated, he will, in effect, have 'packed' the courts with 3 conservative-leaning Supreme Court Judges. Thereby, thoughts on the actual results of what has transpired is tantamount to 'packing' the S. Court. This is the stuff that pulls us all further, and further, apart. So, packing is a relative term and yes, he, Trump, has endeavored to pack the court. It would be reasonable to assume that the next administration would rebalance the courts, following your line of reasoning. A further incentive to strike back, as it were? My own opinion means little of course. Fact is however, this is the road to nowhere. One must recall that a similar effort to add a judge was rebuffed by a Republican-let Senate, before the Democrats relinquished the White House.
Trump hasn't "endeavored" to pack the court. He made no effort to cause a seat to open under his watch. The issue fell into his lap, and he, by Constitutional authority, acted accordingly...he did his job (as did Obama back then); he NOMINATED his choice. It's the SENATE that has full authority to go forward with the nomination...or NOT.

Do you think that he should have nominated, maybe, Amy Klobuchar? Stop blaming Trump...for EVERYTHING!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2020, 08:20 PM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

Packing the court means EXPANDING the number of justices in order to put more of "your guys" on the bench.

Trump can't "pack the court" if his term starts and ends with the same number of total justices on the bench.

Reading is fundamental.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:28 PM   #22
OntheRail

Quote:

Trump campaigned on seating CONSTITUTIONALIST Justices. Re-balance the Court.... is another phase for PACKING with Activist Judges.

Quote:
Fair odds would be even money.

If Trump does not win Florida he will demand a recount. If he does not win the recount he will sue. The Trump packed SCOTUS will decide in his favor. Once Trump has Florida the odds are even money for the rest of the Electoral College.

But then, the polls are wrong! Right!
This is the post I responded to... So are you and Actor one and the same? Cause your first line sure point to that fact.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:14 PM   #23
kingfin66
Bombardier

Why don't we all just donate $5 and have PA donate it to his favorite charity. If his favorite charity is himself, then he keeps the money, but I believe he would do the right thing.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:19 PM   #24
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Why don't we all just donate $5 and have PA donate it to his favorite charity. If his favorite charity is himself, then he keeps the money, but I believe he would do the right thing.
This is best idea. I don't want to see anyone leave the board
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2020, 09:26 PM   #25
Tor Ekman

OK, to bring this thread back to its intended purpose of raising money for PA based on the election outcome, and since the Biden backers (except for Big Al, to his credit) seem not to have the courage of their convictions to lay the modest 8/5 odds on a donation pledge even though the polls they love to tout indicate their man is a shoe-in to win the election, I have another proposition for any Biden backer with the stones to step up:

If Trump loses, I pledge to donate to PA $1 for every electoral vote that Biden gets in excess of Trump's total, provided that some Biden backer pledges to do likewise if Trump wins and donates $1 for every electoral vote that Trump gets in excess of Biden's total. Any Biden takers for a worthy cause???
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2020, 09:44 PM   #26
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Trump hasn't "endeavored" to pack the court. He made no effort to cause a seat to open under his watch. The issue fell into his lap, and he, by Constitutional authority, acted accordingly...he did his job (as did Obama back then); he NOMINATED his choice. It's the SENATE that has full authority to go forward with the nomination...or NOT.

Do you think that he should have nominated, maybe, Amy Klobuchar? Stop blaming Trump...for EVERYTHING!
I am with your post on that, we can only imagine the garbage these people will try when President Donald J. Trump is elected to a second term and who he appoints to the court the next time.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2020, 10:00 PM   #27
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Your bias is showing... Trump did not nor is "Packing the Court"

He WE started with 9 Justices on The Court and his administration when it ends will still have that amount seated.
Check your history book. We started out with 6 justices on the court. Since then the number has varied between 5 and 10. The change in number has always been for political reasons.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:05 PM   #28
jimmyb

Quote:
Lemme get this straight....if Trump wins, this site becomes a liberal-funded website, if he loses, PA gets to scrimp by with a little help from his real friends? whatta deal!~~

only in your dreams
Some of us Trump supporters as well as anti Trumpers regularly donate to the site. I see Tors challenge as a fun thing to do and at the same time it benefits a site we all enjoy.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2020, 10:15 PM   #29
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Or is this just your way of copping out because at the end of the day, your confidence level regarding the outcome is on life support?
Where did you get the idea that I was confident of the outcome? I do not recall making any such statement.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:28 PM   #30
OntheRail

Quote:
Check your history book. We started out with 6 justices on the court. Since then the number has varied between 5 and 10. The change in number has always been for political reasons.
And for the Last 150 it's been 9 that's 2/3 longer then the high low combined. Even RBG thought 9 was the best number... you guy's going to go against Ruth.