Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-22-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
pandy

TIMEFORM PPS

I noticed that PABETS (TVG) isn't offering Timeform pps anymore. DRF.COM has them for $3.00, and you get comped if you make a $5.00 bet. Or you can get the classic DRF pps, which include the Timeform early/late pace figs, for $3.50, and you get comped if you make a $25.00 bet.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2018, 03:22 PM   #2
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
I noticed that PABETS (TVG) isn't offering Timeform pps anymore. DRF.COM has them for $3.00, and you get comped if you make a $5.00 bet. Or you can get the classic DRF pps, which include the Timeform early/late pace figs, for $3.50, and you get comped if you make a $25.00 bet.
They've disappeared from njbets too. Unfortunately in Jerzy you can't wager with anyone else.

I had a problem last week with drf that they never resolved. I bought the unlimited tfus for 5.99, unfortunately, as i am used to getting them from njbets, i clicked on monmouth instead of the unlimited link, i didn't notice it. Well i was one and done at that point, sent two emails but drf has not contacted me back.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2018, 04:01 PM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
They've disappeared from njbets too. Unfortunately in Jerzy you can't wager with anyone else.

I had a problem last week with drf that they never resolved. I bought the unlimited tfus for 5.99, unfortunately, as i am used to getting them from njbets, i clicked on monmouth instead of the unlimited link, i didn't notice it. Well i was one and done at that point, sent two emails but drf has not contacted me back.
I'll see what I can do.

If anyone has issues with TimeformUS through our site or DRF let me know and I'll do anything I can to help out. You can post in a thread or PM me any time.

Last edited by cj; 06-22-2018 at 04:02 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2018, 01:53 AM   #4
Danno627

Quote:

I can help you. I'll send you a PM.

(Craig forwarded me your post)
Danno627 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2018, 07:05 AM   #5
RunForTheRoses

I was able to (after a week) get a credit reversal from drf. Thanks for the offer of assistance.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #6
dkbigsky

Thanks I am going to switch to drf, I can save 6 bucks a day
dkbigsky is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2018, 10:21 PM   #7
Denny
Veteran

CJ,

All my handicapping is paperless with a Kindle tablet.

I can get the free PP's at the TF site whenever I want and like them very much. A major upgrade from the Form and Beyers.

I'd like to switch full-time to TFUS this year for the upcoming Saratoga meet and I already have a NYRABets account.

Do you know if the TFUS pp's will be available for purchase this year with a NYRA account, while at the track?
____

One other question CJ.

I handicap harness using Harness Eye pp's available from DRF.

Do you know if these pp's would be free with a DRF betting account?

I can't find it anywhere on the website if you open an account and bet with DRF, which I'm thinking of doing.

Thanks,
Denny

Last edited by Denny; 06-27-2018 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Grammar, added a bit
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2018, 10:34 PM   #8
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I'll see what I can do.

If anyone has issues with TimeformUS through our site or DRF let me know and I'll do anything I can to help out. You can post in a thread or PM me any time.

And this, ladies & gentlemen, is what a commitment to customer service looks like.

My best guess would be that with the TFUS website you'd find this is the standard and not just a PR favor for PaceAdv.

Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2018, 11:13 PM   #9
trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
And this, ladies & gentlemen, is what a commitment to customer service looks like.

My best guess would be that with the TFUS website you'd find this is the standard and not just a PR favor for PaceAdv.

That's an accurate statement.

They helped me a couple years ago. I was a returning customer but missed the deadline for the discounted yearly rate. I contacted them and asked if they would still offer me the discount, and they did.

I'm very pleased with their product and with their customer service.
trifecta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2018, 11:23 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I personally think they are the best commercially available speed/pace numbers out there.

I'm sure I just ruined Denny's day by saying that...
Old 06-28-2018, 08:08 AM   #11
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I personally think they are the best commercially available speed/pace numbers out there.

I'm sure I just ruined Denny's day by saying that...
I was just impressed that Denny was able to ask CJ those questions without telling him to f- off before the end of the post....
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2018, 06:48 PM   #12
RunForTheRoses

I notice lately a lot of horses don't have a rating, if you click on that number you can get an idea if a horse is bred for a particular surface. This has proved valuable, and here with a red board that I did not have, in Gulfstream race 9 the 5 hadn't run on turf yet but had done OK n dirt, When you see the number inside he got a 63 for dirt but a 70 for turf, kinda would make you think he would be OK turf. He won at a nice price, I was in a contest but did not play.

But often there are no numbers for a horse lately.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:49 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I notice lately a lot of horses don't have a rating, if you click on that number you can get an idea if a horse is bred for a particular surface. This has proved valuable, and here with a red board that I did not have, in Gulfstream race 9 the 5 hadn't run on turf yet but had done OK n dirt, When you see the number inside he got a 63 for dirt but a 70 for turf, kinda would make you think he would be OK turf. He won at a nice price, I was in a contest but did not play.

But often there are no numbers for a horse lately.
This is a known issue that is close to be solved from what I'm told. Irritates the hell out of me to be honest.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2018, 08:04 PM   #14
Bennie

Due to the never ending issues with NJBets not offering TFUS I have been using other sources for my handicapping but with days like Saturday with all the great racing scheduled at Monmouth and Woodbine along with Churchill and Gulfstream having mandatory payouts I will miss the printed condensed TFUS for these tracks but on the positive side I have found myself concentrating on fewer races and improving my skills. Lots of great racing this weekend so enjoy and good luck to all.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 10:02 AM   #15
Valuist

Got a question for CJ. I happen to see a new notation in the Timeform PPs. Underneath where the distance is shown in a running line, and next to the track condition, there's a number. Is this a ranking of the race pace, or final time?
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: