Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-05-2018, 11:33 PM   #31
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
What the **** does it matter if we can't control the biggest waste center on the planet?

You can bitch Climate Change till your heart and your daughters and their dughters hearts bleed. It doesn't ****ing matter.

IF you belive in any of that shit, your focus shouldn't be America, but China, Europe, and other nations getting real power from the ground.

The Paris Accord was garbage.

The reality is, if we don't get the planet involved, it won't matter 1 single bit as far as our Climate numbers propose.
Now I know I'm under some your skins... You must not read too gud... from earlier:

Quote:
And if you admit we play a role why the anti-science backlash? Even I question how much of a role we play and I'm certainly not a fan of government actively intervening I don't adopt this head in the sand deny-science approach that a lot of people on one side of this debate do.
I just don't understand the denial part by some people.

FWIW I think the Paris Accords are garbage too but if we can not follow them and not piss people off it's better than not following them and pissing them off.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-05-2018 at 11:39 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 07:46 AM   #32
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I do think today's weather is pretty close to 1966 when I walked to school in -1 degrees and got there to find it closed - too cold, and had to walk back home.

Kind like, oh, what is that word....oh yeah, CYCLICAL!
The climate is CYCLICAL.
Best quote in this thread. Very true.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 09:00 AM   #33
chadk66

as a whole the weather really isn't any different now here than it was in the 70's and 80's.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 10:12 AM   #34
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

FWIW I think the Paris Accords are garbage too but if we can not follow them and not piss people off it's better than not following them and pissing them off.
It is not that many people are against science, they are against FRAUD sponsored by government.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 10:19 AM   #35
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I guess you could say that liars like Al Gore have gotten fraud down to a science!
Old 01-06-2018, 10:29 AM   #36
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Now I know I'm under some your skins... You must not read too gud... from earlier:

Nor do many of us adopt a head-in-the-sand when it comes to our government and other governments wanting to pick out pockets, claiming our money is going to fix the climate. Nor do we stick out heads in the sand with the establishment science community will never bite the hand that is feeding them.

Whenever there is big money involved, you can be certain that the rhetoric is fueled by corruption. After all, the "love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."
This is a fact, you can take to the bank -- long before any AGW garbgage.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:31 AM   #37
woodtoo

Frozen iguanas falling from trees in Florida. Carefully move to sunlight to thaw
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 11:19 AM   #38
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Frozen iguanas falling from trees in Florida. Carefully move to sunlight to thaw
I saw a 'gator encased in ice floating down the canal this morning. Poor fella...
Old 01-06-2018, 06:47 PM   #39
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Hot sauce wakes em right up
Old 01-08-2018, 09:24 AM   #40
boxcar

Not only is the sky falling upon us due to AGW but the ocean floor is sinking, as well, under the weight of melting glaciers. According to this article, by 2100 much of the East Coast of the U.S. will be under water. Time to move to high ground, folks.

We may see those fish swimming in the streets of downtown Miami, yet.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ocean-flo...130002572.html
Old 01-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #41
classhandicapper

I'm way more concerned about pollution of the environment than I am about temperature change. I'm slowly coming around to the point of view that we are WAY better off if the earth warms some more. There could be some short term disruptions as populations shift, but we've been doing that for many generations for a variety of reasons anyway. This is going to turn out to be the biggest nothing burger of all time. Way more important is the actual pollutants to water and air than CO2.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:59 AM   #42
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Not only is the sky falling upon us due to AGW but the ocean floor is sinking, as well, under the weight of melting glaciers. According to this article, by 2100 much of the East Coast of the U.S. will be under water. Time to move to high ground, folks.

We may see those fish swimming in the streets of downtown Miami, yet.

[/url]
OMG!
Guam might flip upside down!
Old 01-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #43
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm way more concerned about pollution of the environment than I am about temperature change. I'm slowly coming around to the point of view that we are WAY better off if the earth warms some more. There could be some short term disruptions as populations shift, but we've been doing that for many generations for a variety of reasons anyway. This is going to turn out to be the biggest nothing burger of all time. Way more important is the actual pollutants to water and air than CO2.
I agree with you on that. As stewards of the planet, we should act responsibly and refrain from wanton pollution.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #44
thaskalos

Why worry about GW, or environmental pollution...when overpopulation looms the more immediate danger to our survival?

Last edited by thaskalos; 01-08-2018 at 10:31 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2018, 10:40 AM   #45
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Why worry about GW, or environmental pollution...when overpopulation looms the more immediate danger to our survival?
When do you plan to make your generous contribution to help alleviate the problem?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: