Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-09-2020, 11:08 AM   #31
headhawg
crusty old guy

Madden 21 nonsense

They won't fix an inadequate franchise mode but EA decides to make a statement by adding Kap and his signature "celebration" move to the game this year. I can't even play virtual football without this crap worming its way in. No thanks EA.

Kap in Madden 21
Old 09-09-2020, 04:38 PM   #32
RunForTheRoses

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...34002/?amp;amp

Stay home, rowdy friends. "Monday Night Football" isn't looking for a party this year.

ESPN called a musical audible this week for its primetime NFL program, swapping Hank Williams Jr.'s familiar "All My Rowdy Friends" introduction with "Rip It Up," a 1956 song from rock 'n' roll architect Little Richard.

Williams Jr.'s "rowdy" tune — proclaiming a "Monday night party" before each week's broadcast — may sound out-of-place during a season where games planned to be played in empty stadiums, an unnamed network representative told the Washington Post.

Williams Jr.'s management team confirmed the decision Wednesday to The Tennessean.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 03:14 PM   #33
stuball

watching

I intend to tune in tonite about a couple of minutes into the game to miss any of the stupidity before the game... I am patriotic and I will have alexa play the national anthum for me and I will stand also have her play Amazing Grace for my recently deceased wife (Imiss her so much) then I will tune in the game and if they do any more I will leave...

Stuball

Last edited by stuball; 09-10-2020 at 03:16 PM.
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2020, 06:16 PM   #34
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Players will wear armbnds or patches tonigt, for BLM.
A few years ago, NFL REFUSED to allow Cowboys to wear memorial patches when the police were ambushed in that big attak and many were killed.

NFL is RACIST.
I don't watch RACIST TV.

Bin Laden's Hard Drive and a show about a shark attack - no need to WASTE an evening on a POS football game that is already an hours an a half too long.

F* Football.
And everyone who plays it.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:20 AM   #35
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Last night I watched a few plays a few different times in the first half while channel-surfing. Couldn't get interested at all. The Safeway Open on the Golf Channel had more to offer.

The post-Dalton Cincinnati Burrows play Sunday. Maybe I'll have a heightened level of interest, but I'm not really feeling it yet.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #36
Secondbest

Didn’t watch a second. Didn’t miss it. Don’t care. Saw the score by accident. Guys making a million bucks a year telling me how oppressed he his. No Giants either. Done with sports.
Best thing about horses is they can’t talk
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2020, 11:33 AM   #37
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

I had no desire to watch last night. If the players are going to represent America by a handful of bad midwest cops, then I'm out.
Since I moved to FL , I dont get my Eagles on free TV, and I absolutely refuse to pay for Direct TV. We will get Tampa games with Tom Brady every Sunday and my wife is interested to see how they play, so I might watch with her. I'm not really interested in seeing an old quarterback throwing to an old tight end, so if they start off 1-4 , I'm sure my wife will lose interest.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2020, 12:16 PM   #38
JerryBoyle
Veteran

We get it. You guys don't like black people. I don't think the players are gonna lose sleep over some good ole boys tuning out...
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2020, 12:36 PM   #39
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...34002/?amp;amp

Stay home, rowdy friends. "Monday Night Football" isn't looking for a party this year.

ESPN called a musical audible this week for its primetime NFL program, swapping Hank Williams Jr.'s familiar "All My Rowdy Friends" introduction with "Rip It Up," a 1956 song from rock 'n' roll architect Little Richard.

Williams Jr.'s "rowdy" tune — proclaiming a "Monday night party" before each week's broadcast — may sound out-of-place during a season where games planned to be played in empty stadiums, an unnamed network representative told the Washington Post.

Williams Jr.'s management team confirmed the decision Wednesday to The Tennessean.
Yep, sure that's the reason. Had nothing to do with race....
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2020, 12:39 PM   #40
lamboguy

i wouldn't watch the NFL even if i knew ahead of time that the whole cheerleading squad was going to have a wardrobe malfunction.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2020, 12:51 PM   #41
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
We get it. You guys don't like black people. I don't think the players are gonna lose sleep over some good ole boys tuning out...
No. I just don't like stupid. You can't fix it, and you can't medicate it. And you're right -- the players won't lose sleep because they still get a paycheck. They are so morally superior...
Old 09-11-2020, 12:53 PM   #42
Marshall Bennett

I'm an old Houston Oiler/Texan fan from back in the 60's. Loved watching their games, even during a couple 1-13 seasons when Pastorini was a newbie.
Last night I watched 5 minutes, changed the channel and never went back. Don't feel like I missed a thing. The NFL's changed to the point I'm no longer interested. Also no pools this year and no picks.
Another pastime the far left has destroyed.
Assholes!!!
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2020, 12:54 PM   #43
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i wouldn't watch the NFL even if i knew ahead of time that the whole cheerleading squad was going to have a wardrobe malfunction.
This, I do not believe.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2020, 01:02 PM   #44
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
No. I just don't like stupid. You can't fix it, and you can't medicate it. And you're right -- the players won't lose sleep because they still get a paycheck. They are so morally superior...
Assuming it's willful, we agree...
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2020, 01:27 PM   #45
GMB@BP

Down 16% on Early Numbers

A little surprised, but guess I shouldnt have been.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/nfl-rat...bc-1234575251/
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: