Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #91
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper

I'm not sure where the tin hat comment came from.

Sorry, not directed at you but rather those who seemed to think there is some Templar/Illuminati//Masonic/Steve Crist plot to not supplant the P6
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #92
jelly
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
You mean solutions like what Monmouth did two years ago that you championed as the greatest thing done in racing? You know, the thing that nearly destroyed them? I'm afraid your solution process is suspect at best, especially when you don't want to listen to people like TLG who actually know what is going on, but then you'd rather base your opinions on uninformed wish lists from people that have no idea what it takes to do things. "Why don't they just....." indeed.

Real solutions take time and effort and have failures along the way. If you really want something good, don't count on it happening soon and given certain political climates, don't count on them at all. Then if it is done, you can be pleasantly surprised, if you can take time from complaining.

Please,the little thing doesn't know what's going on.All he does is attack people when they question NYRA.
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #93
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly
Please,the little thing doesn't know what's going on.All he does is attack people when they question NYRA.
No, he points out when people, like you, behave like fools.

And never confuse someone not blabbing things he knows because he is a professional with a fool like you who knows nothing.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #94
tzipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly
Met him in person and he's a great guy who always takes his time out to say hello AND if you follow his twitter or NYRA prerace show, you'd see he's questioned the stewards calls somtimes and some of the jockeys and horsemen. Pretty fair to me.

He might attack in situations when people sitting at home in their AC on their couches yell at horses, jockeys and NYRA for not running in 100 degree heat.

Last edited by tzipi; 07-04-2012 at 12:41 AM.
tzipi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2012, 04:29 AM   #95
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

What OTM Al and tzipi said...

jelly should be banned just for saying TLG doesn't know what's going on when it comes to NYRA.

One of the more clueless things I've ever seen written around these parts.

Seriously people...leave your personal issues at the door, and at least acknowledge the obvious.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #96
jelly
Veteran

My mistake,i meant to say he doesn't know what's going on with the NYRA board.Those who make decisions about the pick 5.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #97
the little guy

Always good to read insight from people that have none.

The simple question is how could he possibly know what I do or don't know.

The answer? He couldn't....and he doesn't.

Jelly....never right and never in doubt.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #98
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
What OTM Al and tzipi said...

jelly should be banned just for saying TLG doesn't know what's going on when it comes to NYRA.

One of the more clueless things I've ever seen written around these parts.

Seriously people...leave your personal issues at the door, and at least acknowledge the obvious.
Yeah...but people like Jelly add so much to the forum, why ban them? You save the bannings for the people that really deserve it, right?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #99
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
Sorry, not directed at you but rather those who seemed to think there is some Templar/Illuminati//Masonic/Steve Crist plot to not supplant the P6
What is Crist's position on a NYRA Pick 5? Why is it crazy to think he'd try to influence the process (if a Pick 5 were under consideration)?
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #100
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
What is Crist's position on a NYRA Pick 5? Why is it crazy to think he'd try to influence the process (if a Pick 5 were under consideration)?
Come on man, get real.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #101
jelly
Veteran

Monmouth started the popular and successful pick 5 bet back in 2007.Gulfstream,Churchill,California and others followed.

NYRA is still working on It.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #102
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Come on man, get real.
Why can't you give a substantive response? But since you want to give me such a flip response, let me return the favor. What's so hard to understand about the term "influence?" Influence might include a Crist-penned column that suggests a Pick 5 is a bad idea; a casual conversation with someone from NYRA about the issue; or a comment to the NYR&WB. Now I want you to explain to me what isn't "real" here? NYRA and the racing regulator are both political bodies (I'm not using the term "political" pejoratively in this case). You think they aren't influenced from time to time? I don't even know what Crist's position is on this matter - do you? Did I suggest he controlled the outcome? That would merit the rejoinder "get real." In this case, the usage looks just plain silly (to use what has become the tritest descriptor on this board).
Old 07-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #103
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Why can't you give a substantive response? But since you want to give me such a flip response, let me return the favor. What's so hard to understand about the term "influence?" Influence might include a Crist-penned column that suggests a Pick 5 is a bad idea; a casual conversation with someone from NYRA about the issue; or a comment to the NYR&WB. Now I want you to explain to me what isn't "real" here? NYRA and the racing regulator are both political bodies (I'm not using the term "political" pejoratively in this case). You think they aren't influenced from time to time? I don't even know what Crist's position is on this matter - do you? Did I suggest he controlled the outcome? That would merit the rejoinder "get real." In this case, the usage looks just plain silly (to use what has become the tritest descriptor on this board).
What do you mean "might" he have penned a column? He didn't, not that I can find. I've never seen any indication that he doesn't like the P5, especially if it is at a low takeout which seems to be the current trend.

Anything is possible, but I find it very hard to believe that even a comment to a NYRA employee would have much effect, and a comment to the R&WB even less relevant. How hard is it to read between the lines? It seems to me the bet was asked for, and approval wasn't given. I'd be shocked if I'm wrong on that.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #104
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
What do you mean "might" he have penned a column? He didn't, not that I can find. I've never seen any indication that he doesn't like the P5, especially if it is at a low takeout which seems to be the current trend.

Anything is possible, but I find it very hard to believe that even a comment to a NYRA employee would have much effect, and a comment to the R&WB even less relevant. How hard is it to read between the lines? It seems to me the bet was asked for, and approval wasn't given. I'd be shocked if I'm wrong on that.
I wrote originally: "Why is it crazy to think he'd try to influence the process..."

Note the tense of the highlighted phrase - I'm was suggesting Crist might in some way try to shape the debate (IF the debate even exists). Where did I say he did? He's written numerous columns on betting and different types of wagers over the years, correct? I've seen lobbying firsthand and trust me conservations, formal or otherwise, matter. To think otherwise is true "get real" material. And I'm not even suggesting it would be improper for Crist to make his view heard, publicly or privately.

With all that said, why must I read between the lines? Why not have an open debate on the issue? Perhaps it's a horrible idea. Maybe it's a great idea. Let's get everyone on record. You spend much more time on racing matters than myself, so do you think it's a good or bad idea?
Old 07-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #105
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
You spend much more time on racing matters than myself, so do you think it's a good or bad idea?
A pick 5? Personally I think just adding more and more pools as overall handle shrinks is an incredibly stupid idea. It is short sighted and only adds to the decline. Now, if you add some bets but remove others, fine.

I hear how great these P5s are at other tracks, but I don't see handle growing. It is still shrinking. P5s aren't growing the game, they are moving the shrinking money.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: