Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #136
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Any person visiting the President goes through the proper screening, as does any "object".

So your "question" is moot.
Actually, it's not. Obama invited him to the White House. Perhaps my post was a little ambiguous.

I'm specifically asking about if this kid takes Obama up on his offer. Will his "clock box" (if he brings it) be inspected by the Secret Service? It's probably a 100% safe bet that it will be.

Does that make Obama a hypocrite? I don't know...you tell me...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2015, 09:54 PM   #137
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The reaction was correct and the arrest was wrong.
Nope. Good arrest, for the hoax.
You mention a bomb at airport security, yo get busted.
The kid perpetrated a hoax that cost money he got what he deserved.
So why are the libs not upset that HE played the muslim sterotype?
did this little punk not dis-respect all muslims by doing this, and even mohamed himself?

Isn't this the equivalent of going out in Black-face?
How is it a war-mongering rightie like me can see this and the so-called enlightened ones cannot?
Old 09-21-2015, 11:33 PM   #138
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
So why are the libs not upset that HE played the muslim sterotype?
did this little punk not dis-respect all muslims by doing this, and even mohamed himself?

Isn't this the equivalent of going out in Black-face?
How is it a war-mongering rightie like me can see this and the so-called enlightened ones cannot?

black/brown lies mattter
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2015, 11:59 PM   #139
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Despite this story being almost a week old and his involvement in this thread, I don't think Tom has bothered to learn the basic details of the story.

The kid never claimed his clock was anything other than a clock. An English teacher thought it looked like a "movie bomb", and the wheels of stupid were put in motion. The kid then told the cops repeatedly it was only a clock, and they arrested him and violated his rights anyway despite quickly determining he was telling the truth.

Once a light was shown on their BS, they couldn't drop the charges and close the case fast enough.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2015, 12:54 AM   #140
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Despite this story being almost a week old and his involvement in this thread, I don't think Tom has bothered to learn the basic details of the story.

The kid never claimed his clock was anything other than a clock. An English teacher thought it looked like a "movie bomb", and the wheels of stupid were put in motion. The kid then told the cops repeatedly it was only a clock, and they arrested him and violated his rights anyway despite quickly determining he was telling the truth.

Once a light was shown on their BS, they couldn't drop the charges and close the case fast enough.

Seems your ---I'll be polite and call them your "like-minded friends" have deserted you. Even Ahmed and the King of Sudan have fled to Mecca---give it a rest.
Godwin's Rule be Damned--make a Nazi reference and declare Dan the winner. At this point, who gives a sh*t.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2015, 05:38 AM   #141
hcap

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2015, 07:30 AM   #142
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

I read a story that explicitly said he was arrested for doing the hoax.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:54 AM   #143
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Seems your ---I'll be polite and call them your "like-minded friends" have deserted you. Even Ahmed and the King of Sudan have fled to Mecca---give it a rest.
Godwin's Rule be Damned--make a Nazi reference and declare Dan the winner. At this point, who gives a sh*t.
There is no point arguing with stupid.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2015, 12:38 AM   #144
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
There is no point arguing with stupid.

Cappy's posted cartoon has a bit of irony there. The brilliant innocent students are all obviously MUSLIM, while the blatantly racist, totally inept teachers are obviously caucasian, or WHITE. HAHA that is really funny. See you completely missed the IRONIC part:

ALL THIS VERY HUMOROUS CARTOONIST HAD TO DO...WAS TO SIMPLY DRAW A PICTURE OF THE "ALLEGED" PROPHET MOHAMMED, EVEN A TINY LITTLE PIC IN A CORNER, ...AND MILLIONS OF MUSLIMS WOULD BE CALLING FOR--AND DRAWING-UP PLANS--FOR HIS IMMEDIATE BEHEADING

*Now what part of that don't you f***ing morons get?????????????????????

Go "Stand with Ahmed" , please. He's not even in-country so I hear.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #145
ElKabong

(a) the cartoon posted by (who else) hcap, is totally off base. No teacher at any time panicked.

(b) It was learned that a teacher asked him what it (clock) was, then asked him politely to "put it away". Not sure of that meant a locker, which most schools have done away with now, or elsewhere. She asked him again, he still didn't do it. Then she saw him later in the hall, still had it & didn't like his reply.

(c) the kid and his siblings are no longer on Irving campuses. Maybe they left for private schools, funded by weeping Libs, or maybe Muslims, or they just booked out.....either way I get the sense the school is not unhappy the kid is gone. He creeped out a lot of kids on campus, maybe a teacher or two
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2015, 04:03 PM   #146
Marshall Bennett

And who only knows if this could have been a rehearsal or test to see what the response would be by the school. Had no steps been taken to insure safety, perhaps it would have been more than just a clock another time, perhaps even the same school.
Anyone that thinks the school (not the police) overreacted might think differently if their kid was enrolled there.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2015, 07:29 PM   #147
classhandicapper

No one that is even close to objective thinks the school overreacted.

If this was some white kid that made a clock that resembled a gun the very same people would be saying the school did the correct thing. As it is, kids are getting suspended and throw out of school for far less than that because of the sensitivity over guns.

They had to call the police to find out what it actually was and ensure what the motivations were. The police went too far.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #148
Inner Dirt

Seriously, I wonder what this country would be like if it was run by modern
liberals for the last two centuries. A lot of Southern California is a third world
cesspool. I lived there for 50 years I watched it go completely downhill. Once
beautiful areas are trashed with garbage and toxic waste dumped all over the
road side and vacant lots, gang graffiti all over the place, roads in poor repair that are too small and few to handle the congestion.

The state votes Democrat and has been run by Democrats for some time.
Also as Southern California becomes more of a dump taxes and fees keep
increasing, that doesn't make sense to me.

With this story the liberals seem to be so worried about offending a minority
group they would rather people didn't stay vigilant and just look the other way until something bad happens. Pretty sure many of you ripping on the
teachers for not knowing that wasn't a bomb wouldn't know the difference
from a .177 pellet pistol and a 9mm if one was pointed at you. I also would like to give that kid a lie detector test, good chance he did what he did
knowing what would happen and wanted his 15 minutes of fame.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2015, 01:18 PM   #149
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

If anyone at the school really thought this was a bomb, they would have evacuated the school and called in the bomb squad.

Since that did not happen, I question the entire circumstances of how this kid came to be arrested and all the hoopla that ensued next.

Someone care to explain? Especially those who though the teachers acted with prudence and caution? If they were cautious, why didn't they sound the alarm bells and let the authorities deal with this? And if they did, and the authorities immediately determined this was no bomb, why is this a story?

Was he specifically placed into custody because he brought what COULD HAVE BEEN CONSTRUED as a bomb to school? That's a valid reason, but is it THE reason?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2015, 01:32 PM   #150
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I see Run's head-up-a@@ "statement' was deleted. LOL that was a little offensive