Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > 2014 PaceAdvantage Challenge Series, sponsored by RDSS > Brisnet.com PaceAdvantage Inter-Board Handicapping League (P.A.I.H.L.)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #31
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It's been changed. Sorry for my screw up. I will make sure to double and triple check next week before I post it up. I could have sworn there were PPs for GG race 7...guess I was seeing things.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-02-2014 at 09:31 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #32
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Mike, it's a good thing you have "balls of steel" so no worries. It's all good. Let's have a great season.

Jim Schoenfeld
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2014, 09:53 PM   #33
dylbert
Turf Economist

Thanks for clarification/correction.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #34
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

FYI 01/11 Contest

No Event 4 (Aqueduct race 9) today, as Aqu cancelled today after race 2 due to heavy fog.

There are no alternate races, so the contest will be scored on the remaining 7 contest races.

Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #35
LAP_520

1/18/2014 Contest

Hello Teams of the P.A.I.H.L.,

I have been asked by Jay Trotter to "step up to the scorer's table" and live score this contest on 1/18/2014.

I have been in the background of the P.A.I.H.L. contest keeping score and conferring with Jay and Ted since the contest started. So, hopefully, the step-in can be as smooth as possible.

I have also been posting the scratches and changes in the Gapfire Ridersup Memorial Aqueduct Inner Track Pick-4 Challenge this year.

My background.... kept the scorebooks for my high school's baseball, basketball and soccer teams.. while majoring in business education. Sorry, my high school was too small to have a football program. .. In college, traveled with and kept the scorebook for basketball, while getting an AAS Degree.

A Big Help to me this week .....when posting your team's selections remember to post your team's number and name. It will make things go much quicker imputing the data.

Thank You all very much and Good Luck !

LAP_520 (Larry)

2012-2013 Gapfire.com Ridersup Memorial Champion

Last edited by LAP_520; 01-17-2014 at 08:28 PM.
LAP_520 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #36
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Much thanks to Larry for filling Jay's shoes!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #37
Ted Craven

Just to summarize and reiterate the decisions applied in Week 4 regarding multiple selection posts:

Despite the 'dispensations' given 'in the spirit of the game' to a team in Week 2 and again to a different team in Week 4 - Rule 6 is exceedingly clear and will be applied for all teams in all future Rounds:
Rule 6. POSTING

-- One member of each team is responsible for posting that team's selections each week. (It does not have to be the same person each week, however, in the event of multiple postings, the first posting will be considered the team's official selections.).

-- ALL selections must be contained within a single posting and be posted at least one minute prior to the off time of the first contest race. (Players are responsible for the accuracy of their time-stamp.). Late postings will be scored $0 for each race missed. Two suggestions:
(a) Before clicking the "SUBMIT" button, click the "PREVIEW POST" button to review your selections.
(b) If it looks like you might miss the first contest race, DO NOT hurry up and submit selections for only the 1st contest race. Trust us in saying that only very bad things will happen with regard to scoring your team that week. Instead, take the time required to get all of your selections posted in a single posting, even if it means missing a race or two.
-- A late posting will only be scored on races that run a minute after the post.
-- While teams are allow only one selection posting, subject posting may be edited within the brief time as allowed by the PaceAdvantage forum application, as long as the "edit" time stamp is at least 1 minute prior to the contest race off time. After that, no other alterations are allowed after that first post.

So, going forward - 1 selection post only; whatever events are included in the 1st selection post are the ONLY events to be scored for the week; if it's late for any events, those count as $0 and only the remaining events get scored. Pretty simple.

We're going to accept the points earned for for both the Teams involved in both the weeks.

Onwards!

Ted

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #38
cj's dad

Team #6 - Week #4

Today, 09:16 AM #139 jms62

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
Just for the record there was a pm sent earlier in the day and after consulting our team members we came to the conclusion that we as in team 6 has elected to KEEP OUR POINTS..........

There will be no surrendering of any points by down 2 with the puck....

There was no ill intent by any member of our team to gain an advantage.....

As a post script the whizz sked will be freeing up big time so I'm looking forward to spending Saturdays competing in this contest....

TL;DR.........team 6 keeping all points

No ill intent but you did gain an advantage. No Way Your team was obviously not ready to meet the deadline in the rules that you signed. If you had to submit what you had at deadline it was likely that you would have missed entering several of the later races. I can't see how you can disagree with this otherwise you would have submitted on time. The extra time allowed your team to completely configure your card so you did in fact gain an advantage.

Trying to clear up this issue. I (cj's dad) was the sole poster on Saturday. The contest slipped my mind as I was busy doing other things.When I logged on to PA at 4 PM I saw the contest thread and remembered that cj was not handling this as he normally does, he was out of town. I assumed the Whiz was working and did not want to waste time texting back and forth. I saw that I had but twelve minutes before event 2. I hurriedly scanned cj's pace figures and posted my selections with a note that the remainder would be posted prior to event 3. This ended up being the case. There was no decption, advantage, etc whatsoever. I had all I could do to get in the second set of selections
.I guess I am too much of a golfer because my team would have done the honorable (so, we're dishonorable?)thing and said the rules are the rules and called a penalty on ourselves. It is a stick in the eye to the other 100+ players that arranged their schedules accordingly. It wasn't like the rule had any ambiguity whatsoever it is clear has day to the other 39 teams. Good luck going forward.
Just had to get this off my chest.

Hoping you feel better.

Last edited by cj's dad; 01-27-2014 at 01:28 PM.
cj's dad is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #39
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven
Just to summarize and reiterate the decisions applied in Week 4 regarding multiple selection posts:

Despite the 'dispensations' given 'in the spirit of the game' to a team in Week 2 and again to a different team in Week 4 - Rule 6 is exceedingly clear and will be applied for all teams in all future Rounds:
Rule 6. POSTING

-- One member of each team is responsible for posting that team's selections each week. (It does not have to be the same person each week, however, in the event of multiple postings, the first posting will be considered the team's official selections.).

-- ALL selections must be contained within a single posting and be posted at least one minute prior to the off time of the first contest race. (Players are responsible for the accuracy of their time-stamp.). Late postings will be scored $0 for each race missed. Two suggestions:
(a) Before clicking the "SUBMIT" button, click the "PREVIEW POST" button to review your selections.
(b) If it looks like you might miss the first contest race, DO NOT hurry up and submit selections for only the 1st contest race. Trust us in saying that only very bad things will happen with regard to scoring your team that week. Instead, take the time required to get all of your selections posted in a single posting, even if it means missing a race or two.
-- A late posting will only be scored on races that run a minute after the post.
-- While teams are allow only one selection posting, subject posting may be edited within the brief time as allowed by the PaceAdvantage forum application, as long as the "edit" time stamp is at least 1 minute prior to the contest race off time. After that, no other alterations are allowed after that first post.

So, going forward - 1 selection post only; whatever events are included in the 1st selection post are the ONLY events to be scored for the week; if it's late for any events, those count as $0 and only the remaining events get scored. Pretty simple.

We're going to accept the points earned for for both the Teams involved in both the weeks.

Onwards!

Ted
While it is the expectation that all PAIHL contest participants will check in to read the "Chatter Thread" on a regular basis, the reality is that Ted's posting will be seen mainly by team captains and/or the person who regularly posts your team's selections.

From here forward, the rule is more likely to be broken by a team member who seldom has responsibility for posting your team's selections. It would be prudent to confirm that ALL your team members understand, otherwise it could end up costing your team a lot of points somewhere down the road.

Chris
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2014, 02:19 PM   #40
LAP_520

Adding my thoughts....

One post or two posts to input all selections is not what I am discussing here.

This is my second year of not having to worry about a job on the "weekend". I know how it is when you have to work to make a living.....especially on weekends.

People have "other" commitments to deal with also. Family, appointments, whatever. So things like "FREE Contests" tend to be put on the back burner for a while, or just not able to get involved with "on time" at all.

I have been following the PAIHL contest this year very closely,,,,, because 1.) I have the time and 2.) I am also learning how to work the scoring sheets. I have noticed in the first four weeks that there are teams that post at certain times in the afternoon prior to First Post off time of Event one.

Does this give an advantage to them .. seeing what the other teams have submitted ( ?) .. Maybe, Maybe not .... but the opportunity is present. I would like to think they post when they do because that is when they have the time to do the submitting.

I have been in Team 6's shoes in the past while I had to work... wondering how I was going to get the selections from my teammates in time to put something together and submit it prior to leaving for work... Once off to my job when I was working, there was no way to post anything.

I have that problem this upcoming week (5 ) .. how am I going to get our team's selections together for this contest to submit before I have to leave for an appointment.( which by the way has been moved up FIVE hours ) So if I cannot get it posted by 11 AM... it might not get in by me at all. It is tough when you are the person in charge of submitting.

We all have our problems and commitments that have to be dealt with. It could happen to any one of us in any given week------
The PAIHL contest involves Eight races...missing one race or two races of that week's contest is bad..... but not life threatening.... Submit the remaining races with accuracy as stated in the Rules.

All the Best,

LAP_520
member of
Team 34 THE GOLD RUNNERS

Last edited by LAP_520; 01-27-2014 at 02:21 PM.
LAP_520 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #41
tiger rose

Quote:
Unread Yesterday, 06:18 PM #129
Jay Trotter
CANADIAN

Well, I made my previous post without reading all the other goings-on. It saddens me to see some of this.

Just from my point of view.....when we write up the rules we do the very best we can and we try to think out situations and address them. At the end of the day we aren't "professional rules writers" and the main thing we want is "the spirit of the game". That is why we (I) made the allowance last week and it was applied again this week.

Obviously, we'll have to address this issue going forward and either choose to be iron-clad or not in applying the written rules.

Trotter
Well why even make the rules,if they are going to be enforced week by week,or ignored week by week ? ?
tiger rose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2014, 03:48 PM   #42
davew

The discussion has been rather interesting, and if I interpret some of the posts correctly - it seems some teams entry was made entirely by one person on the team for that week. This surprises me, but reading the rules, it does not say that team members need to participate in selection process.

This helps me understand why some of the 'teams' hit $500 exactas and $50 winners occasionally.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #43
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
The discussion has been rather interesting, and if I interpret some of the posts correctly - it seems some teams entry was made entirely by one person on the team for that week. This surprises me, but reading the rules, it does not say that team members need to participate in selection process.

This helps me understand why some of the 'teams' hit $500 exactas and $50 winners occasionally.
Lots of ways to do it. Split races, collaborate on each race, or just rotate days. There are no rules, and really, how could they ever be enforced if there were?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #44
pat5336

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger rose
Well why even make the rules,if they are going to be enforced week by week,or ignored week by week ? ?

Tiger rose don't waste you're time, you will be told It's my website and he will do what ever he whats to do each and every contest day.
pat5336 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #45
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5336
Tiger rose don't waste you're time, you will be told It's my website and he will do what ever he whats to do each and every contest day.
Well, none of us are forced to be here really.. I guess if any of us players don't like it then we don't have to participate in the forum or the contests here.

I couldn't imagine another board owner saying stuff like this guy does, but hey.. like he says.. "It's his site and he can damn well do or say as he damn well pleases"...
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply