Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 08-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #46
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
I don't see how PED's could ever help one's putting...and that's where he separated himself from the rest of them in his prime. He used to be automatic inside 10 feet; now, not so much.
Excuse me for quoting myself, but on Golf Channel tonight Notah Begay said almost the same thing. Not power and distance, not 200 yard sand saves over water, not throwing darts at the pin...putting. He led the stats in scrambling because he could make the putts that saved pars where others were missing and taking boges. Now he's not. And that makes him no better or worse than 100 others out there on the tour.

Putting is in the head. I don't know where's his head is at now, but it's been in a lot of different places in the last few years.
rastajenk is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #47
Zydeco

I forget who it was , but they said "the only way Tiger doesn't win 19 majors is a bad marriage or injury" He's had both. This was said before he was married. I have Kevin Streelman in a PGA pool for this weekend.
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #48
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Excuse me for quoting myself, but on Golf Channel tonight Notah Begay said almost the same thing. Not power and distance, not 200 yard sand saves over water, not throwing darts at the pin...putting. He led the stats in scrambling because he could make the putts that saved pars where others were missing and taking boges. Now he's not. And that makes him no better or worse than 100 others out there on the tour.

Putting is in the head. I don't know where's his head is at now, but it's been in a lot of different places in the last few years.
He led in scrambling b/c he left the ball closer to the pin leaving him with much shorter putts.

A part of the problem with his putter is he does not have oodles and oodles of time to practice -- he's a dad. No further comment.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:15 PM   #49
RXB

Quote:

He used to separate himself in a few ways; putting was only one of them. He separated himself with length. He separated himself with his iron accuracy. But he's older now, he can't just hit 3-wood off the tee and still outdrive his opponents, so now he has to pull out the driver more often. And that was ALWAYS the club in his bag that gave him the most trouble; it just wasn't at the yips level before as it is now. His putting isn't what it used to be but he putts far better than he drives.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2014, 04:28 PM   #50
Beachbabe

TNT speculating whether Tiger will withdraw again before going to the back nine. He's 6 over after 6 & the commentators are saying Tiger is in pain.
Beachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #51
DJofSD
Screw PC

Maybe they should start calling him the Cheshire cat.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:35 PM   #52
Beachbabe

He'll miss the cut anyway, but I guess if he withdraws it wont count as a "missed cut".
Old 08-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #53
RXB

It boggles my mind that it's more important to viewers to watch his every shot, no matter how badly he's duffing it around the course, than to watch the guys who are playing well and in contention.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #54
Beachbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
It boggles my mind that it's more important to viewers to watch his every shot, no matter how badly he's duffing it around the course, than to watch the guys who are playing well and in contention.
Not only his every shot! We had to see him pull into his parking space; put his golf shoes on; and follow his entire walk to the practice green.

Last edited by Beachbabe; 08-08-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #55
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabe
Not only his every shot! We had to see him pull into his parking space; put his golf shoes on; and follow his entire walk to the practice green.
I'm stunned that none of you can figure out why this is the case !!!
Old 08-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #56
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Nobody's missing Tiger on Sunday at the PGA! Quite the show they're putting on.

Jim Schoenfeld
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2014, 07:04 PM   #57
098poi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Trotter
Nobody's missing Tiger on Sunday at the PGA! Quite the show they're putting on.
You're right this is a great final day. I'm glad Tiger missed the cut. He hasn't been competitive and would've only taken time away from the guys who are performing today.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #58
horses4courses

It is a great finish to the PGA, alright.
What are the chances it will have to be finished tomorrow due to darkness?

I doubt that they would have time for a playoff tonight,
and it could be a struggle to get the last pair in before dark.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #59
098poi

This may sound weird but Rickie Fowler's backside looks odd. Either he is sweating or his pants are made like that with an off color patch in the rear. (?)
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #60
Beachbabe

With four guys in contention with just a few holes to go, this is one of the best finishes for a major in awhile. The shots they're all hitting are remarkable.