Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #31
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge
I am not about to read that "report" but I am sure it supports your position and is by a group that has not ax to grind they just felt like writing a report.

Tell you what you posted read it and tell us what it says.
Of course you dont want to read it...you might actually learn something. secondly, you make a claim that it's a report which "supports my position". You are almost laughable at this point....
YOU start a thread, and claim I am trying to support a position??? As I asked in ppost #2...where are you on this? What were you trying to portray?? lmao...and of course, no response from you (which was expected). See, people lik you are a dime a dozen...try to stir the pot and turn it political.
But had you actually read the report, you would know a few tidbits...
1. By privatizing, you LOWER cost.
2. Anytime you take something away from the government and put it into the hands of citizens, it usually works a TON better.
Now if you would like to compare any public union job YOU wish with that in the private sector, lets go.....I am game.

Care to start with the traffic controllers?? Nope...can't go there!! lol
Hmmm lets see.....how about auto manufacturing.....probably would chose not to go there either.....

How about medical care (social care versus private care)....ummm you might try that one...nahhh I doubt it..

Well I will let you chose.....GO!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #32
The Judge

O. K I' ll Bite

Point # 1 by privatizing you lower cost, I would hope so that's whole point isn't it. So thats not news, what would be news if cost stayed low. Wonder if you can check their books? Corporate compensation demands that prices rise what happens then?

#2. "Taking away something from the government and putting in the hands of the citizens it works tons better". What?

You and the Supreme Court, now corporations are citizens. The money goes to the Corporation. The citizens are giving not getting . The corporation is getting a public asset on a "promise" to cut cost they pay nothing and get a monopoly.

As far as comparing public union jobs with the private sector well sometimes private works best sometimes it doesn't.

I do know that PRIVATE got about a 1.2 Trillion Dollar bail out from PUBLIC.

I know you were against the bail out and the Democrats were the culprits, but that doesn't change the facts. They needed a handout they mismanaged the business. They lobbied and got Public money. Not so efficient there and these were the big guys.

If the Private sector had run themselves with the long term in mind rather then turning a quick buck maybe there would be no need to Privatize the Fire Departments.

Here is kind of a give and take on the topic the pros are first the cons toward the end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privatization

Last edited by The Judge; 04-26-2011 at 08:36 PM.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #33
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge
Point # 1 by privatizing you lower cost, I would hope so that's whole point isn't it. So thats not news, what would be news if cost stayed low. Wonder if you can check their books? Corporate compensation demands that prices rise what happens then?

Not news??? What was and is wisconsin all about?? I can name four other states who are having budget issues and dealing with public unions....yet you say "not news". Maybe not in your world.

#2. "Taking away something from the government and putting in the hands of the citizens it works tons better". What?

Seemed pretty straight forward to me...why you would ask "what"? I am not sure of...

You and the Supreme Court, now corporations are citizens. The money goes to the Corporation. The citizens are giving not getting . The corporation is getting a public asset on a "promise" to cut cost they pay nothing and get a monopoly.

How do you say with a straight face the "citizens are giving not getting"???
Fire service and sup[pression isnt a service? How about that same service with better equipment?

As far as comparing public union jobs with the private sector well sometimes private works best sometimes it doesn't.

Gee...notice you didt chose to compare any services private vs public... But I will let ya go with it. Cause in the end, there is no real comparisons.

I do know that PRIVATE got about a 1.2 Trillion Dollar bail out from PUBLIC.

I know you were against the bail out and the Democrats were the culprits, but that doesn't change the facts. They needed a handout they mismanaged the business. They lobbied and got Public money. Not so efficient there and these were the big guys.

You're right. I was against it. I believe that if a company (public or private) can't make...then fold!

If the Private sector had run themselves with the long term in mind rather then turning a quick buck maybe there would be no need to Privatize the Fire Departments.

Now I get to say..."what"??? So you think private companies go into business thinking..."one year and I am out of here"???

Here is kind of a give and take on the topic the pros are first the cons toward the end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privatization
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:58 PM   #34
ArlJim78

It's about more than fire fighting

One of the largest lobbying groups in the country. this is not how you keep costs down.

Firefighters union halting federal contributions

By SAM HANANEL, Associated Press Sam Hananel, Associated Press – Tue Apr 26, 2:19 pm ET
WASHINGTON – The nation's largest firefighters union and one of the Democrats' most reliable sources of campaign money says it will quit donating to federal candidates this year because members of Congress are not doing enough to support organized labor.

International Association of Firefighters President Harold Schaitberger says there is a more urgent need to spend money defending anti-union measures sweeping GOP-controlled statehouses across the country.

Schaitberger wants the move to send a message that lawmakers shouldn't take firefighters' support for granted. He says members of Congress should be doing more to speak out against efforts in states to take away collective bargaining rights and weaken union clout.

The union and its 300,000 members are among the most influential and biggest-spending lobbying groups on Capitol Hill.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110426/..._campaign_cash
__________________________________________________ _
so the goal is to strengthen union clout, and fight the Republicans. once again, workers paid by the public, using their connection and dues and clout to elect people who will keep their benefits flowing. isn't that the type of self interest and greed that we're always hearing about in regard to conservatives?
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2011, 02:13 AM   #35
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm10
I think it's a sign of how badly wrong society has gone that this sort of thing would even be considered.

It's ludicrous beyond words. What are they going to do if an unprofitable fire comes along? Let it burn?

It has already happened. I think someone mentioned Tennessee. Person didn't pay his bill so they let it burn. We debated this one already. Personally, I could not stand by and watch the guy's house burn.

A volunteer fire department where I used to live would charge the building owner $75 each time they had to respond to a false fire alarm. It's probably higher now -- that was a long time ago.

Last edited by swetyejohn; 04-27-2011 at 02:17 AM.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #36
newtothegame

Hey JUDGE...with your dedication comments...
Mosty with your union banter etc etc blah blah....how
Look at this story and tell me whats wrong.....
Your right though...I see tons of dedication from those union guys who arent in it for the money...

True Story: PA Police Union Files Complaint Against Chief for Making Off-Duty Arrest:
Posted on April 28, 2011
Every once in awhile I issue a warning before a story saying that if you are easily enraged by union absurdity you should quit reading. This is a story that deserves such a warning.

The police union in Scranton, PA has filed a complaint against its police chief, Dan Duffy, because he dared to make an off-duty arrest for a man believed to be in a possession of marijuana. What’s so egregious about that? According to the union, the chief’s manager status places him outside the “bargaining unit,” and that arrests are solely the responsibility of officers who are in the union.

more at the link..
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/true...f-duty-arrest/
governed.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #37
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Private means profit trumps service.
Public means service and no question of profit.

That was pretty funny... better service from public entities not driven by profit... I must go to all the wrong examples of both...

johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #38
delayjf

Here is CA, private security companies have been running medium and minimum prisions for a least a few years. I don't see why private fire departments would not work.

I'm much more dubious about Police departments. Issues about arrest authority etc. Plus I don't think they could survive the law suits.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply