Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #46
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
"demon seed of Satan?" Seriously. Statements like that make me doubt that you are a mature adult. Unlike conservatives, who make moral judgments for everyone-except themselves, Planned Parenthood does not make judgments.
It provides women with options after those women have made decisions based on their lives.

You seriously did not just say that???
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2015, 06:53 PM   #47
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
What part do you think Planned Parenthood played in any of that?

If Planned Parenthood had its way abortions would generally be considered a form of birth control no different than a condom or pill, gestation period would not be much or any factor, parents of minors would not be notified, and abortion pills would be sold over the counter to minors.
There is NO objective evidence that PP pushes abortions over birth control. The fact that 35% of their services are spent on birth control as opposed to 3% on abortions, proves the opposite. There is also no evidence that PP performs any but legal abortions. Nor that they are advocating that there should be a change when in the pregnancy an abortion can be performed.
Absolutely no one would suggest that abortion pills should be sold over the counter to anyone. That's just you employing scare tactics.

As an institution it is unwilling and incapable of making any kind of objective moral judgment (much like most liberals).
There you go again with the moral judgments. I think it is immoral to bring a child into the world who is going to die in a few days. Or live in terrible poverty and you conservatives certainly won't be doing anything to help him.

You can be pro choice for a lot of different reasons and still think a lot of what PP stands for either bad idea at best or immoral at worst (let alone if you are religious and think it's all murder).
That depends on your definition of a lot. Out of every one hundred women who come to Planned Parenthood, thirty five come there for birth control. Maybe you don't believe in contraception, but every baby who is not conceived, is one less baby who might be aborted. Another thirty five women come regarding STDs either treatment or prevention. Personally, I do not think that is a bad idea.

Then there are the sixteen women who come to Planned Parenthood for mammograms and other cancer screenings. It would be a great idea to shut down Planned Parenthood so those women would not find out they have cancer and would die. Finally. we have the ten women who come to PP so that they can have trouble free pregnancies and healthy babies.

Arrayed against those ninety six women receiving positive services from Planned Parenthood, you have three woman having legal, constitutional abortions. Oh, and one having miscelaneous.

I'd rather give credit for any real reduction to the people and institutions that are working to limit abortions to very early term pregnancies by making the more extreme and controversial types more difficult to get, by getting parents more involved before decisions are made, and by offering reasonable adoption alternatives etc...

I also question the stats. The distribution of abortions done by doctors vs. those done with medications is probably shifting and the latter is probably harder to count accurately.
The stats are real. Just because you don't like them does not make them false.

Your theory about anti abortion activists influencing the numbers is also wrong. Those "extreme and Controversial types" you talk about are most likely illegal. The abortions numbers NJ Stinks cited are for legal abortions. Those numbers are down.

Here is what will reduce abortions.
1. Sex education including the use of contraceptives and the benefits of abstinence for younger people. Obviously such education should be age appropriate.

2. The availability of the various birth control method and the inclusion of those methods on all insurance plans.

3. Financial justice for all so babies who are born can be cared for adequately by their parents
Old 07-20-2015, 07:29 PM   #48
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
You seriously did not just say that???
Yeah, I did. See any statement made by Boxcar.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:29 PM   #49
Clocker

Quote:

Financial justice

That just about blew out the circuits in my BS detector.

Is that the latest euphemism for redistribution of wealth from the Ministry of Truth at the DNC?
Old 07-20-2015, 08:40 PM   #50
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Planned Parenthood does not make judgments
Planned Parenthood is the natural extension of Dr. Joseph Mengele.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #51
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
"How much for one rib?"
Ralph - if you're reading this, I apologize for this comment.
I didn't even read the story...I just jumped at the chance to quote I'm Gonna Get You Sucka in an attempt to be funny.

I hope this post didn't contribute to your departure.
No harm or mockery was intended
Old 07-20-2015, 08:55 PM   #52
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
Ralph - if you're reading this, I apologize for this comment.
I didn't even read the story...I just jumped at the chance to quote I'm Gonna Get You Sucka in an attempt to be funny.

I hope this post didn't contribute to your departure.
No harm or mockery was intended
Dittos - I just followed your comment without reading it.
I sent him an email to apologize. You left the door wide open for a POT Roast joke.

He's cool.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:16 AM   #53
newtothegame

Quote:
Yeah, I did. See any statement made by Boxcar.
You are really on a roll!!! Now all "conservatives" are like Boxcar??? Lmao
This gets better with each reply!!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2015, 09:29 AM   #54
classhandicapper

Quote:
"demon seed of Satan?" Seriously. Statements like that make me doubt that you are a mature adult. Unlike conservatives, who make moral judgments for everyone-except themselves, Planned Parenthood does not make judgments.
It provides women with options after those women have made decisions based on their lives.
You seem to be missing the point.

I am in FAVOR of making objective moral judgements, including about my own behavior. The idea is to create superior standards for behavior so you have a better chance of getting superior result, but without making other choices illegal. I am in favor of encouraging behavior and ideas that I choose to ignore.

Defining those standards is what gets everyone into trouble. The left hates religion and God. So that makes it tough. But you can also define them by the results various options produce for society.

By PP being either agnostic or actually encouraging things like late term abortion, giving abortion pills to minors, not notifying parents of minors etc.. it is encouraging behavior that even an atheist should be able to discern as being a bad idea.

The idea is to avoid later abortions because you get into even more difficult questions about life.

The idea is to discourage unwanted pregnancies so abortions are not even an issue.

The idea is to notify parents so they can also help their children make correct health and life decisions.

The idea is to encourage adoption services so there are superior alternatives to abortions.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 07-21-2015 at 09:37 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2015, 10:12 AM   #55
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
You seem to be missing the point.

What do you expect from a Harlem Globetrotter ?....They never lose...
Old 07-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #56
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I in no way need to justify my actions to you. You should take my comments as they were meant. For you only. How I deal with others is my business.

Take it or leave it. The choice is up to you. This isn't a debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
This is the second time in recent days that you said things to me to this affect, Mike.

All I want to know is do you ever read any of the comments that were originally directed at me? The posts that I have recently made which has gotten your dander up were my responses to the snarky posts directed at me originally.

The response to mostpost wasn't exactly in the bad taste -- yet his comments to me just prior, were. There was nothing in my response post that should have gotten your ire up. Also, nothing that I said was false. And I mean false, not opinion false.

If you don't want me to post on OT-General then say so, Mike. But I do know I contribute to PA in numerous threads and rooms aside from Off Topic.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2015, 02:10 PM   #57
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Planned Parenthood is the natural extension of Dr. Joseph Mengele.
Believe it or not, Tom's not too far off...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2015, 02:35 PM   #58
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
That is absurd. Mengele performed torturous experimentation on unwilling captives. In this country, most abortion procedures are legal... and all voluntary.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:48 PM   #59
mostpost

Quote:
That is a foolish statement. Planned Parenthood provides organs to legitimate bio medical companies which those companies use to conduct studies that could and do lead to saving lives in the future. These organs are provided only with the consent of the mother. Neither Planned Parenthood nor the bio medical companies perform experimentation on living human beings. Neither subjects persons to deliberate pain or injury.

Joseph Mengele did all of those things. He cut off limbs to see how the subject would react. He would inject one twin with Typhus and leave the other twin healthy. Then, when the first twin died, he would kill the second so he could perform a comparative autopsy. He tried to change the color of a person's eyes by pouring various caustic chemicals in them. He did all this without the use of anesthetics.

None of his subjects had the right to consent or decline. And his experiments were not conducted for some noble purpose such as curing cancer or providing treatment for Parkinsons or Alzheimers. Their purpose was to prove the Master Race theories of the Nazis and to increase birth rates among the good Aryan peoples.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #60
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Thanks......I think?!