Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 06-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #16
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkithore
Is there a better ADW than Twinspires? I hope there is.I am tired of their blue r green screens at critical moments in the racing. At least some of u get response, I didn't have much luck in that department, If they hardly ever respond, they are meaningless finger pointing like, "Roberts Communications did it?"

DK
Better, in which way?
if you want cash rebates (and do not care for lack of NYRA tracks) then BETPTC.COM or IDABET are good. There are also others I have not used. Betptc is good for batch uploading as well as placing super bets. Idabet is good for cool promos.

Regards a simple interface and good overall coverage: Xpressbet is good. Easy to deposit money and withdraw etc, you can do any dollar amount from 1 to 1000 using Checking account ACH. Twinspires constrains it to 25 to add or take out.

I have Xpressbet, Idabet and Betptc for over a year to 6 months now.

joined twinspires just now in early May to see if they were good. Yes, they have additional bells and whistles, free BRIS pps (if u wager) etc..
but if I cannot see the last 20 secs of many races live, then I might as well place the bets and not view races at all.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #17
TwinSpires JC

Thanks for the feedback about TwinSpires.com video. We certainly are used to providing our players a better experience than demonstrated over the last few weeks.

There are a couple of things in play.

1) The Aqua Blue Screen - this has indeed been an issue with our video service provider (Roberts Communications) that impacts multiple ADWs including TwinSpires. We have been working with Roberts since experiencing this issue and will continue to work with them to prevent it from occuring in the future. As a few of the posters mentioned, we had a very long run of smooth video operations with Roberts until these issues popped up.

2) No Channels Available - this was a TwinSpires.com bug which has been identified and fixed.

If anyone here feels they are not getting a propper reponse from our Player Services department, feel free to reach out to me directly.

We are constantly looking to improve our product, services and offerings. If anyone has any feedback about TwinSpires.com, please send it my way.

Thanks,

Jeremy Clemons
VP Marketing
jeremy.clemons@twinspires.com
TwinSpires JC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
Equifan

Hi Jerry,

I'll give you one Attaboy for posting here on PA.
To gain additional Gold Stars how about Twin Spires figures out a way to notify, via the wagering interface (login?), when *TS* is experiencing difficulties, instead of leaving the customer (us) wondering if it's a local (our) glitch.

Regards,
Stan
Equifan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #19
TwinSpires JC

Thanks for the feedback Stan. When there are system wide issues we have the capability to provide alerts via a red or yellow bar at the top of the page. We have had the need to use this a few times. Also, there is a scrolling announcement bar we use as well if it is a smaller issue.

One opportunity for improvement is notification when there are regional issues. The way video content delivery networks operate now you get video from local servers. If there are certain parts of the country experience poor video service we can see it through technology on our end. We should find a way to make that information available to you. We'll certainly work on that.

Thanks again for the feedback. Feel free to contact me directly any time.
TwinSpires JC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #20
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSpires JC
Thanks for the feedback Stan. When there are system wide issues we have the capability to provide alerts via a red or yellow bar at the top of the page. We have had the need to use this a few times. Also, there is a scrolling announcement bar we use as well if it is a smaller issue.

One opportunity for improvement is notification when there are regional issues. The way video content delivery networks operate now you get video from local servers. If there are certain parts of the country experience poor video service we can see it through technology on our end. We should find a way to make that information available to you. We'll certainly work on that.

Thanks again for the feedback. Feel free to contact me directly any time.
So you provide "Alerts" via a red or yellow bar.. It basically tells that you have a problem. What I am more concerned is to find out if you have some special "Frustration Software" loaded to your video servers that works so that no matter what length race one is watching (6F or 9F etc), the video stream hangs for a few seconds between the quarter pole and the wire. Sometimes, I dont get to see the result. Sometimes (like today at BEL R2 - 6f race), I missed the move from quarter pole to about 10 ft from wire.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: