Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 05-03-2018, 08:22 PM   #1
thaskalos

LeBron James

Going into the last 5 minutes of tonight's game against the Raptors...I don't think I've ever seen a better game from a single player than the one LeBron James has played tonight. I am sitting here with my mouth open...LITERALLY.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:39 PM   #2
Greyfox

Prior to this series Toronto media thought the Raptors would neutralize LeBron and move on.
Back to the drawing board.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 02:57 AM   #3
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Going into the last 5 minutes of tonight's game against the Raptors...I don't think I've ever seen a better game from a single player than the one LeBron James has played tonight. I am sitting here with my mouth open...LITERALLY.
Massive LeBron fan, but... Jordan.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 08:25 AM   #4
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Massive LeBron fan, but... Jordan.
Tough call, obviously the default is to call the guy the most fresh in your mind the greatest ever. Lebron is definitely getting closer to Jordan for the greatest of all time label. Lebron hasn't fallen off a bit in his 30's, and Jordan tailed off a little after his year off to play baseball. On the other hand Jordan at a listed 6'6" and 200# drew as many triple teams as Wilt Chamberlain, there was a reason for that. Also I swear I have seen Michael Jordan change direction in mid air.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 08:44 AM   #5
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Tough call, obviously the default is to call the guy the most fresh in your mind the greatest ever. Lebron is definitely getting closer to Jordan for the greatest of all time label. Lebron hasn't fallen off a bit in his 30's, and Jordan tailed off a little after his year off to play baseball. On the other hand Jordan at a listed 6'6" and 200# drew as many triple teams as Wilt Chamberlain, there was a reason for that. Also I swear I have seen Michael Jordan change direction in mid air.
My biggest difference is that Jordan was a 'closer'.

LeBron and the Cavs offense when they lead late in games in the Playoffs is more annoying than people who constantly post pictures of their pets on Social Media.

LeBron can play all 5. He can defend all if 5 need be. He is an incredible player with many a moment and accomplishment..,but, Jordan is still better IMO.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 11:25 AM   #6
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
My biggest difference is that Jordan was a 'closer'.

LeBron and the Cavs offense when they lead late in games in the Playoffs is more annoying than people who constantly post pictures of their pets on Social Media.

LeBron can play all 5. He can defend all if 5 need be. He is an incredible player with many a moment and accomplishment..,but, Jordan is still better IMO.
Another feather in Jordan's cap is the era he played in defenses got away with a lot more than they do now. The flagrant foul did not even become rule till his 7th year, and the following years was not enforced like it is today. I remember after one play-off game against the Pistons in the late 80's during an interview Jordan had welts all over his head. Detroit had lower end bench players whose main purpose was to use their fouls to rough up Jordan and try to get in his head. He pretty much got mugged every time he drove the lane, he has to be the toughest player all time of his size.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 04:01 PM   #7
rogerbalz

Cool Who has more titles?

Who has more titles???
I am from CLE he left to get his first says a lot about character then came back and won! Nota fan. The BIG O was a better all around player averaged a triple double for the season!
Next.
rogerbalz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2018, 04:55 PM   #8
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
If God decided to design the perfect physical specimen for basketball I’m sure it would look very much like Lebron. I haven’t seen him in person for many years, but you could just tell he was going to be a huge guy with incredible skills that would not be encumbered by his size or strength.

He’s living up to it
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #9
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbalz View Post
Who has more titles???
I am from CLE he left to get his first says a lot about character then came back and won! Nota fan. The BIG O was a better all around player averaged a triple double for the season!
Next.
Your memory is probably playing tricks on you. Google the Big O on youtube and watch him play for 30 seconds. Then watch Lebron. Your mind will be changed quickly.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2018, 05:27 PM   #10
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
Your memory is probably playing tricks on you. Google the Big O on youtube and watch him play for 30 seconds. Then watch Lebron. Your mind will be changed quickly.
I loved the Big O. But these two guys aren’t playing the same game. It’s a totally different game today. Hell, it’s not even the same game Magic and Bird played.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:59 PM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Check out his game winner tonight

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3973778

Last edited by JustRalph; 05-06-2018 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:55 AM   #12
elysiantraveller

James have been the GOAT for quite awhile IMO.

As JR said... If you are gonna hold a draft of all-time NBA players you're taking Lebron #1.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 11:55 AM   #13
Valuist

I hope to get an underdog price on Boston, assuming they advance. Better all around team, and a huge edge in coaching. Cavs only advantage is having the best player in the series.

The real Finals will be Warriors/Rockets. As great as the Warriors have been over the past 4 seasons, they will have their hands full with Houston. I'm guessing the Dubs will be favored, but only slightly.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2018, 07:16 PM   #14
burnsy
self medicated

He's good but there's a hype factor. For one thing...he beat up on Toronto, big deal?

The other thing is vs. the good teams Cleveland does not play defense. Even LeBron gets gassed at the end and he isn't much.

I'll call it just like I did last year.....like I always do.....well in advance when it comes to the NBA and NFL. I've been posting here for years so its not I haven't done it before.

Same as last year if Cleveland can even get past Boston, Golden State is going to crush either one. I posted last year KD is just about as good, if not better because he plays defense for the full game. Its gonna be the same deal if everyone remains healthy. If you don't believe me read what I posted last year. It may be even uglier this year. The King will get his crown kicked again...….if they even get there. They had trouble with Indiana and now its no sure thing with Boston....that kind of spells an ass kicking from the Western Conference. I can hardly wait.

There's a chance I'll lose, but its not very likely. Its gambling after all. MVP KD!
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2018, 03:58 PM   #15
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
The other thing is vs. the good teams Cleveland does not play defense. Even LeBron gets gassed at the end and he isn't much.
CLE defense was pretty good against Boston the past two games. Even Korver got three blocks in the last game and dove on the floor after a loose ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Same as last year if Cleveland can even get past Boston, Golden State is going to crush either one.
Rockets looked good beating GS at GS. That's not easy to do.

I'd love to see a CLE / HOU series. D'Antoni's coaching style is one of my favorites.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: