Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-04-2019, 05:03 PM   #181
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
Depends on where you look.

Monkeys run wild in India. I don't see people trying to castrate them. Nature has a way of balancing things out. What's wrong with cats running wild?

People don't sterilize bobcats or mountain lions or hyenas or rats or wolves or coyotes or bears or ducks or...

There are programs to sterilize wild deer populations in some states to slow the population growth.
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2019, 06:16 PM   #182
The_Turf_Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
Get a backbone. Take a stand and tell PETA to go to hell. Treat them like terrorists.
Great idea, then we can watch ballot initiatives go from California to Florida in record time
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2019, 07:08 PM   #183
highnote

New York plans to introduce a bill to ban the declawing of cats.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #184
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The three cats I've had in my life (2 current, 1 in kitty heaven), none have been declawed...never, ever, ever, would do that.

But to make it illegal...well...that's just going to lead to more cats being euthanized and not being adopted. A lot of people don't want a cat that's going to claw up the furniture.

Which is worse? Declawed cat or dead cat. You tell me.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-04-2019 at 07:13 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2019, 01:14 PM   #185
cutchemist42

ESPN article out saying she wants racing suspended now again.
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2019, 04:14 PM   #186
airford1

Some what of a local media frenzy, Radio and T.V. Hear about is every 1/2 hour since the last Horse died. No real reporting just the Flash at a horse died. Whatever happened to investigative reporting and creditable references. They need to change California to the Chup State.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2019, 04:54 PM   #187
Dream_Police

The BIG question is if California is able to get something on the ballot and if it does then it gets REAL as in the prospect of no racing in CA for at least a period of time. I believe all here and around the country do not like the situation in SA as far as horse fatalities but when there is inaction or perception of no action then you are just inviting the hammer to come down on you and that seems to be what is happening out west.
Dream_Police is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2019, 05:34 PM   #188
horsefan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Police View Post
The BIG question is if California is able to get something on the ballot and if it does then it gets REAL as in the prospect of no racing in CA for at least a period of time. I believe all here and around the country do not like the situation in SA as far as horse fatalities but when there is inaction or perception of no action then you are just inviting the hammer to come down on you and that seems to be what is happening out west.
Except the action these activists want is shutting down all the race tracks. There is no compromising with these people.
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #189
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Police View Post
If they get a measure on the ballot, it is no racing forever in California. The public hates us and the tracks will quickly be torn down once it passes.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2019, 07:43 PM   #190
The_Turf_Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefan2019 View Post
Except the action these activists want is shutting down all the race tracks. There is no compromising with these people.
I don't believe for a second that PETA as an organization wants racing stopped, this is easy money/donations for the org. The problem for them, which they caused, is that the mainstream media has now taken over as the voice for a public that wants something to complain about and voice outrage
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2019, 10:17 PM   #191
theiman

Peta, in Australia, took in $1.8M(AUS) in donations in 2018. They returned $0.00 to animal welfare.

https://www.facebook.com/horseracing...type=3&theater
theiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2019, 10:53 PM   #192
highnote

I wonder if any anti-peta activists have infiltrated peta?
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2019, 11:48 PM   #193
horsefan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Turf_Monster View Post
I don't believe for a second that PETA as an organization wants racing stopped, this is easy money/donations for the org. The problem for them, which they caused, is that the mainstream media has now taken over as the voice for a public that wants something to complain about and voice outrage
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think those people protesting outside of Santa Anita are part of PETA. I believe those were the same people that showed up to the CHRB meeting demanding that horse racing be stopped in the state.
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2019, 12:04 AM   #194
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefan2019 View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think those people protesting outside of Santa Anita are part of PETA. I believe those were the same people that showed up to the CHRB meeting demanding that horse racing be stopped in the state.
Same people showing up for the same cause time and time again. Out of the good of their pocketbook....
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2019, 12:29 AM   #195
MNslappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Has NOTHING to do with SEO
100% Correct.

They routinely manipulate search results to get the public to accept the programming.

MNslappy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply