Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:32 PM   #1816
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
agree, but the way they call things if that 4 horses did not finish better they were not going to make a change.

should have come down.

Take the down and a 25/1 shot wins the race.

I'm not arguing in any way. Just find it interesting a bomb was actually 2nd and would have been massive on P3456 tickets to end the card.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2019, 11:34 PM   #1817
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Take the down and a 25/1 shot wins the race.

I'm not arguing in any way. Just find it interesting a bomb was actually 2nd and would have been massive on P3456 tickets to end the card.
I decided at the last second to not throw an action bet on the 5, so a DQ would have made me sick for being so lazy.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2019, 01:16 PM   #1818
fastfasterfastest

Came out on the right end of the inquiry/objection in the 1st at the Spa but wouldn't have been at all surprised had they reversed the top 2. Good start to the day
fastfasterfastest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2019, 04:17 PM   #1819
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
How did the Grecian Fire not come down in race 7@DMR. He knocked 2-3 horses out of the race. Definitely didn't keep a straight path and impeded at least 2 other horses.
I just got a chance to review this one, and I agree. He made the old "Maximum Security" move.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2019, 10:18 PM   #1820
Sea Hero

The stewards got one right at Del Mar race 7. #9 Square Deal just about knocked #10 Pas Di Panique over in the stretch. What was confusing is why it took them so long to make up their minds. I realize it's a stakes race, and the horse was probably going to win anyway, but it was still a flagrant foul, and I've seen the SoCal stewards take down many other horses for the same thing.

It's a complaint because it cost me a much better exacta, but I can't fault the stewards for their decision
Sea Hero is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2019, 03:26 PM   #1821
jay68802

6th race at Monmouth today. How many times does the have to bump the 3 in the stretch to get taken down. I counted 5 times and no DQ.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2019, 08:27 PM   #1822
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
6th race at Monmouth today. How many times does the have to bump the 3 in the stretch to get taken down. I counted 5 times and no DQ.

I watched the replay several times and it appears that they traded bumps a couple times.

The bigger issue is the bad camera angle and that was with the rail being out 24ft. The angle get's worse the closer the rail get's to zero. I mean WTF it's 2019 and you can't get a camera dead on?????
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2019, 07:35 AM   #1823
hopbet

RACE 4 SARATOGA August 4

Should CRYSTALLE have been take down? IMO it looked like this horse was going by , the TWO horses ridden by the ORTIZ brothers bumped each other.
hopbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #1824
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopbet View Post
Should CRYSTALLE have been take down? IMO it looked like this horse was going by , the TWO horses ridden by the ORTIZ brothers bumped each other.
For those that had that 41-1 bomb, that DQ must have really stung...My condolences..
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2019, 11:03 AM   #1825
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
For those that had that 41-1 bomb, that DQ must have really stung...My condolences..
Stewards are falling for flopping way too often like NBA refs, and that was a flop. I've never been DQed on a horse that long in odds, but if I were and particularly in a case like this where the horse was much the best, I'd probably want to quit the game or take a long break. That has to be heartbreaking.

I've long been in support of DQs being for purse money only, not betting. Give riders real suspensions and fines but leave the betting alone. Maybe in egregious cases of 1 versus 2 and switching the top 2 you could DQ, but otherwise leave it alone.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2019, 11:08 AM   #1826
hopbet

DQ follow up SARATOGA RACE 4 8-4-19

I had no skin or WAGER. I was watching the race on my HOME computer. The OBJ sign was ON. The OBJ was both from the SECOND and THIRD place horses against the winner. Maybe , I'm completely wrong here , the incident does NOT pass IMO a clear DQ.
hopbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2019, 07:28 PM   #1827
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hero View Post
The stewards got one right at Del Mar race 7. #9 Square Deal just about knocked #10 Pas Di Panique over in the stretch. What was confusing is why it took them so long to make up their minds. I realize it's a stakes race, and the horse was probably going to win anyway, but it was still a flagrant foul, and I've seen the SoCal stewards take down many other horses for the same thing.

It's a complaint because it cost me a much better exacta, but I can't fault the stewards for their decision
This was a good call. Two DQ's that day, and they were both correct.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:32 PM   #1828
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Stewards are falling for flopping way too often like NBA refs, and that was a flop. I've never been DQed on a horse that long in odds, but if I were and particularly in a case like this where the horse was much the best, I'd probably want to quit the game or take a long break. That has to be heartbreaking.

I've long been in support of DQs being for purse money only, not betting. Give riders real suspensions and fines but leave the betting alone. Maybe in egregious cases of 1 versus 2 and switching the top 2 you could DQ, but otherwise leave it alone.
This is the sort of thing where the state regulated nature of horse racing really has a lot of bite.

No state will ever do this because the entire purpose of the state's regulatory scheme is to prevent insiders from manipulating the betting pools. (Not that they succeed in preventing this, but it is certainly the purpose.) And allowing the insiders to cash their tickets despite a DQ just creates an incentive that a state can't tolerate.

In any event, I actually think the states are right. If they did purse money-only DQ's, horseplayers would simply start complaining in the opposite direction-- how come the owners get to collect when my horse gets fouled but I get screwed?

It sucks when horses come down, and you may not like stewards' decisions very much, but it's still the best possible system.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:00 PM   #1829
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
It sucks when horses come down, and you may not like stewards' decisions very much, but it's still the best possible system.
I don't think that is true at all, and I'm certainly far from alone. Even if you don't go so far as DQs for purse money only, most would argue that rules used overseas are better. They aren't perfect either, but probably better.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2019, 09:14 PM   #1830
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
I know people who lost tens of thousands on this DQ. Not sure why the jockey just didnt hit him left handed and it would have never happened. Original result should have stood

Last edited by Afleet; 08-05-2019 at 09:24 PM.
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply