Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
turfbar
Veteran

Can't get a bet in

Very strange these days we live in ,let me explain or try and explain. These days are great with all the modern conviences,computers,wireless, cell phones, a day I looked forward to,I can bet from my home watching and wagering on the computer or satelite dish I don't have to drive to the track or drive to local OTB,save gas cause we know how expensive that has gotten life is good ......
until a month ago I can no longer bet tracks like Churchill or Arlington because the program ,YOUBET, which I deposit money in no longer can accept bets there. What the F...? Jesus H. Christ ok I'll open a phone account at my WesternOTB branch and bet there. I really like those 2 tracks as compared with Belmont or whatever good, at least I will be able to phone my bets in. Until yesterday I wanted to bet the 8th race at CD call my OTB betting service ring ring ring no answer ring ring ring no answer again what the F....? long story short they close down at 4:30 on sundays yup quit with races still going on nation wide those
a** holes quit, leave, no more bets for them I CAN"T GET MY BET IN? holy shit do u believe this (of course the horse wins and my exacta comes in) not a cent on it.
Thanks for staying with me ,my whole thing here is no one wants my money?I can't wrap my head around that, here I am being the loser degenerate horseplayer that everyone despises , but know one will take my bets what the F..... is going on. Very strange for me I really don't understand how this has happened,I love this game but yesterday makes me pause and think.

Turfbar
turfbar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfbar
until a month ago I can no longer bet tracks like Churchill or Arlington because the program ,YOUBET, which I deposit money in no longer can accept bets there. Turfbar
Turfbar, One point, Youbet can currently take bets at Arlington but chose not to.
One suggestion, check out ExpressBet which I think takes both Churchill and Arlington.
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
singunner

You had Kenai River? I went for Mama's Lil' Mon. Just couldn't see even a shred of worth in KR.
singunner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Expressbet and BRISBet.

Betting through OTB is like ordering a steake well done in a hotel restaurant. You get waht you deserve. OTB has ZERO incentive to satisfy customers and seldom does. A parasite on racing, they bring nothing to the table yet expect a cut of the tips. NYS wouls be well advised to obolish ALL OTBs and let residents bet anywhere they want to. But without OTB, whre would all the 3rd grade drop-outs find executive and managerial postions?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:37 PM   #5
turfbar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Expressbet and BRISBet.

Betting through OTB is like ordering a steake well done in a hotel restaurant. You get waht you deserve. OTB has ZERO incentive to satisfy customers and seldom does. A parasite on racing, they bring nothing to the table yet expect a cut of the tips. NYS wouls be well advised to obolish ALL OTBs and let residents bet anywhere they want to. But without OTB, whre would all the 3rd grade drop-outs find executive and managerial postions?
Please don't get me started on OTB just horrible
but I forgot to mention as a New york state resident I can't get in Express bet or the newly formed Twinspires thats why I went to the phone account it was my only option and why is NYS left out in the cold with all the friggin taxes we pay we act like we are a 3rd world country
turfbar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2007, 12:40 PM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

The new NYRA online betting site is supposed to be pretty good. It is only for NY and CT residents. It has ALL the tracks, at least the medium and up ones.

Last edited by cj; 06-04-2007 at 12:47 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I live in NY and bet through Xpressbet, BRISBETand YouBet.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:17 PM   #8
toddtontv
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I live in NY and bet through Xpressbet, BRISBETand YouBet.
and complain about TVG.
toddtontv is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #9
Hajck Hillstrom
Deftly Rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddtontv
and complain about TVG.
LMAO

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck Hillstrom
Hajck Hillstrom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #10
joeyreb
joeyreb

Lone Star Park is no longer on Youbet.com....

Being a Resident of Texas, can't bet Lone Star Park on-line, but liked the replays when HRTV decides show repeats over Live Racing
Old 06-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #11
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Expressbet and BRISBet.

I rarely agree with Tom on any subject, but believe he is 100% right on this one. Winticket/Brisbet can take Arlington and Hollywood by phone only, but not in Ohio, so I had to go to the Meadows OTB in Pa. to bet a few days ago. I get up from my table to use the restroom, then to use the payphone to call in a bet for Lone Star. When I return to my table, my TV's are turned off and my losing tickets are off the table. The waitress knows better, and is as mad as I am, and gets a Manager. It appears the other Manager, an out of work DJ, likes to help clean off tables. He saw an empty one, albeit for 5 minutes, and went to work. I must have interupted him before he threw away my paperwork. He was not man enough to come out to apologize or help retrieve my losing tickets, which I check out before throwing in the "IRS= I'm gonna get you box" in a spare room. I did get a free dinner tho, as the other Manager realized I had not even paid for my meal yet.

Last edited by rrpic6; 06-04-2007 at 10:19 PM.
rrpic6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2007, 11:21 PM   #12
boomman

Thumbs down Can't get a bet in!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfbar
Very strange these days we live in ,let me explain or try and explain. These days are great with all the modern conviences,computers,wireless, cell phones, a day I looked forward to,I can bet from my home watching and wagering on the computer or satelite dish I don't have to drive to the track or drive to local OTB,save gas cause we know how expensive that has gotten life is good ......
until a month ago I can no longer bet tracks like Churchill or Arlington because the program ,YOUBET, which I deposit money in no longer can accept bets there. What the F...? Jesus H. Christ ok I'll open a phone account at my WesternOTB branch and bet there. I really like those 2 tracks as compared with Belmont or whatever good, at least I will be able to phone my bets in. Until yesterday I wanted to bet the 8th race at CD call my OTB betting service ring ring ring no answer ring ring ring no answer again what the F....? long story short they close down at 4:30 on sundays yup quit with races still going on nation wide those
a** holes quit, leave, no more bets for them I CAN"T GET MY BET IN? holy shit do u believe this (of course the horse wins and my exacta comes in) not a cent on it.
Thanks for staying with me ,my whole thing here is no one wants my money?I can't wrap my head around that, here I am being the loser degenerate horseplayer that everyone despises , but know one will take my bets what the F..... is going on. Very strange for me I really don't understand how this has happened,I love this game but yesterday makes me pause and think.

Turfbar
Turf: It is absolutely disgusting and incredible to me what companies like Tracknet have done to create this problem! It is mind boggling to me that horse racing "powers that be" (are you listening NTRA?) could be ignoring what could ultimately destroy horse racing. LISTEN UP RACING EXECS-IF THE BETTORS GO "HOME" THERE IS NO GAME!!!! Wake up tracknet and others like you and make your signals available to everyone, before NO ONE wants them anymore! GRRRRRR!!!

Boomer