Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:58 PM   #631
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

EARLY-LATE SPOT PLAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
You remember that EARLY/LATE method I showed you with the original program? I'm not using the original program--but still using that method--and it's still nailing winners--it hit one at MNR last night. I'll post it up so other PACE VIEW owners can learn the method.--NCG
Here's the method:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PINK RUBANS6.jpg (223.8 KB, 294 views)
Old 06-16-2016, 02:24 AM   #632
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Anyone catch that EARLY/LATE PLAY @ MNR-1st race today, GAMBLEONTHEDERBY? He ran 2nd at almost 7-1--I don't bet to PLACE, so didn't cash....

I noticed a bunch of Pace View's 2ND highest POWER NUMBER Winning quite often--and have been thinking about some sort of dutch betting scheme.

For example, if one of the top 2 (there are only two listed--unless ties) if one of the top 2 are at least 4-1, or maybe 6-1...then a dutch wager would be in order.

I may ask my programmer/friend to run an analysis of a dutching method based on the program's strike rate--at the odds mentioned.

This is what reminded me today about that dutching plan: This is Delaware--Pace View does very well there

Attached Images
File Type: jpg NikosRedStar.JPG (156.5 KB, 223 views)
Old 06-16-2016, 12:08 PM   #633
castaway01

Any program that can pick the winner from a wide-open race where everyone looks awful, like Delaware's 5th yesterday, definitely has to be respected. Funny thing about that race was the 1 trying to jump the rail. The chart says the 6 was impacted as three or four horses had to scatter behind but I think he was just ahead of the chaos and I certainly didn't see him check. Still, a winner is a winner, especially at 19-1. Nice job.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:17 PM   #634
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Anyone catch that EARLY/LATE PLAY @ MNR-1st race today, GAMBLEONTHEDERBY? He ran 2nd at almost 7-1--I don't bet to PLACE, so didn't cash....

I noticed a bunch of Pace View's 2ND highest POWER NUMBER Winning quite often--and have been thinking about some sort of dutch betting scheme.

For example, if one of the top 2 (there are only two listed--unless ties) if one of the top 2 are at least 4-1, or maybe 6-1...then a dutch wager would be in order.

I may ask my programmer/friend to run an analysis of a dutching method based on the program's strike rate--at the odds mentioned.

This is what reminded me today about that dutching plan: This is Delaware--Pace View does very well there
What you didn't mention, the third choice with the second choice came back at a nice paying exacta!
Have you thought of adding a feature suggesting exact plays?

Last edited by jk3521; 06-16-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:11 AM   #635
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
What you didn't mention, the third choice with the second choice came back at a nice paying exacta!
Have you thought of adding a feature suggesting exact plays?
I've always had a beef with programs that list 3 or 4 horses per race--then come back and proclaim an exacta win because their 3rd and 4th choice ran 1-2. Or their 2nd & 3rd choice ran 1-2 in some order.

It's just me...but I list the top two for exacta purposes---and only if there is separation between the top-2 Power-Number-wise--from the rest of the field.

Or--1 of the top 2 (or both) are high enough ML to warrant a wager.

Thanks Cast, jk
Old 06-17-2016, 05:59 AM   #636
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
I've always had a beef with programs that list 3 or 4 horses per race--then come back and proclaim an exacta win because their 3rd and 4th choice ran 1-2. Or their 2nd & 3rd choice ran 1-2 in some order.
Yeah, that sounds like most RPM programs.

Last edited by jk3521; 06-17-2016 at 06:01 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:03 AM   #637
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PACE VIEW BEST BETS 6/17

Lone Star & OTP Today ---Lone Star first...take all the money you win, and do the honorable thing and buy my program

Attached Images
File Type: png LONE STAR BEST BETS.PNG (41.1 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 06-17-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:09 AM   #638
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

P-town

*Just think--after July 7th--you wont have to look at that damn brown banner ad ever again! (until I save up to run it again) I only really post these here because I already have them for my website--for the search engines--NCG

Attached Images
File Type: png OTP BESTBETS.PNG (42.3 KB, 146 views)
Old 06-17-2016, 02:29 PM   #639
kingfin66
Bombardier

I just spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out what track OTP is. It is likely just me being slow on the update, but just in case anybody else needs the help,

OTP = Oak Tree at Pleasanton
Old 06-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #640
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66
I just spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out what track OTP is. It is likely just me being slow on the update, but just in case anybody else needs the help,

OTP = Oak Tree at Pleasanton
Yeah especially when you download the Bris file as "Pleasanton" but when it gets to your comp it's listed as "OTP".....very confusing.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:24 PM   #641
Secondbest

Quote:
Here's the method:
NCG
under the late column Pink is not the top horse.What am I looking at wrong?
thanks
Old 06-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #642
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
NCG
under the late column Pink is not the top horse.What am I looking at wrong?
thanks

You have MNR for 6/13 loaded up--you clicked the LATE button---and Pink Rubans isn't there? Try again...if not go ahead and pm me, I'll send you a new copy okay? Don't know what the deal is with that.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:55 PM   #643
Secondbest

Quote:
You have MNR for 6/13 loaded up--you clicked the LATE button---and Pink Rubans isn't there? Try again...if not go ahead and pm me, I'll send you a new copy okay? Don't know what the deal is with that.
.I was just looking at your post. I have not yet bought your program.was just wondering What I was looking at.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:33 PM   #644
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
.I was just looking at your post. I have not yet bought your program.was just wondering What I was looking at.

Oh okay.....what your looking at there....on the screen when you click the LATE button....are each of the top late pace fig horses--from races 1-9.

This is where the spot plays come in: look over and see who was top late in their race---and led 1st call

or click the E-1 button which gives you all the E-1 leaders races 1-9...and see who had the TOP LATE PACE FIGURE of those E-1 leaders. Stuff like that has always interested me, but gave me a headache looking for them in the past perfs.

Another is---click the E-2 button, that gives you the E-2 leaders of course, but you can also look over and see which of those also lead 1st call---so you'll be looking at the 1ST CALL LEADER, TOP E-2....and heck you have most of the race figured out somewhat.

Now all you need to do is be patient and wait to find a good price with those methods. That's what Pace View was invented for--and to save the headache of looking through the past performances for them.-NCG
Old 06-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #645
Secondbest

Thanks Greg.
Closed Thread