Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-26-2020, 10:43 AM   #181
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I take it that you don't trust people to do the right thing and, therefore, advocate for strict government mandates?
Because the United States Constitution and our bill of rights are only important to him when it is useful to his positions, and forget about religion the war goes on.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2020, 11:30 AM   #182
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
many restaurants can not make a profit if only half full at peak (due to new space limitations)
making a profit, you right wing only care about money kinda person...have a heart.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2020, 11:41 AM   #183
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
making a profit, you right wing only care about money kinda person...have a heart.
Have you ever had your life savings tied up in a small business, for instance a restaurant, only to see a Government ordered shutdown send you to ruination?
Don't forget that while a restaurant is shuttered, the landlord still wants the rent, which can be sizeable in some instances. Also, if the landlord has a mortgage on the building, the Finance Company still expects a monthly payment.
(I once was a silent partner in a small restaurant. A one month shutdown would have closed us down permanently.)
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #184
boxcar

Quote:
Have you ever owned a business in your life or have only been employed by others?
Old 04-26-2020, 01:27 PM   #185
AndyC

Quote:
Clearly making a profit is not the only thing of concern, otherwise there would have been a huge rebellion right from the beginning. Now that people have had a chance to understand what this virus does and doesn't do they rightfully start asking questions. Are we trading mental health problems for a lower coronavirus infection level? Why does closing down have to apply to the people who are not vulnerable? People of the US make sacrifices when they are needed and there is a serious question as to how much more is actually needed.
Old 04-26-2020, 02:33 PM   #186
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Clearly making a profit is not the only thing of concern, otherwise there would have been a huge rebellion right from the beginning. Now that people have had a chance to understand what this virus does and doesn't do they rightfully start asking questions. Are we trading mental health problems for a lower coronavirus infection level? Why does closing down have to apply to the people who are not vulnerable? People of the US make sacrifices when they are needed and there is a serious question as to how much more is actually needed.
As stated previously, if not on this thread then on another, this nation historically has consisted of risk-taking people for the most part, which is what made us so great.
Old 04-26-2020, 03:16 PM   #187
ElKabong

Guys. I think GMB was being facetious. Having some fun
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2020, 04:06 PM   #188
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Guys. I think GMB was being facetious. Having some fun
He got me!
Old 04-26-2020, 04:26 PM   #189
hcap

Quote:
I take it that you don't trust people to do the right thing and, therefore, advocate for strict government mandates?
You trust wrong
Old 04-26-2020, 04:30 PM   #190
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You trust wrong
So, you approve of what Governor Kemp did in Georgia over this weekend by opening up the state to anyone who volunteers to go back to work?
Old 04-26-2020, 04:52 PM   #191
hcap

Quote:
So, you approve of what Governor Kemp did in Georgia over this weekend by opening up the state to anyone who volunteers to go back to work?
No, I don't trust some people because I do not agree with their policies, actions and philosophy. .

You, governors Kemp, Desantis and Trump to name a few
Old 04-26-2020, 05:42 PM   #192
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Not my job. Parents need to control their children’s behavior.
So you find in your life random children just running up to you and accosting you? LMAO

That's rather odd.

Santa Claus? Is that you?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-26-2020 at 05:44 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2020, 06:32 PM   #193
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
No, I don't trust some people because I do not agree with their policies, actions and philosophy. .

You, governors Kemp, Desantis and Trump to name a few
Well Kemp's philosophy is certainly, at bare minimum trusting, of people to make good, responsible decisions -- just like Sweden is trusting their citizenry.
You're obviously talking out of both sides of your mouth...again. No surprises here.

There's no reason on this planet why individuals should not decide for themselves whether they want to put themselves at risk or not.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:33 PM   #194
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
So you find in your life random children just running up to you and accosting you? LMAO

That's rather odd.

Santa Claus? Is that you?
You’ve obviously not had a dining experience ruined by unruly children. Or kids running underfoot in the aisles of a grocery or department store. It’s been happening more frequently and poor parenting is to blame.

Now you’re telling me that because of being ‘at risk’ means I’m the responsible party?
Old 04-26-2020, 06:34 PM   #195
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
He got me!
sorry

I own part of a business, we are struggling mightily, as I have relayed on a few threads.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply