Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-30-2021, 09:12 PM   #16
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Yes with the reins and also with the crop
So when the crop is gone....whipping will still be there....
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2021, 09:29 PM   #17
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
So when the crop is gone....whipping will still be there....
Perhaps so but I think there is a big diff between a flick on the shoulder with the rein or the crop vs a roundhouse over the shoulder right or left hand on the hindquarters
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2021, 11:07 PM   #18
BIG49010

Seems like quite a bit of drifting in the last 1/8th of a mile, and the jocks have little to no control at that point. I didn't see any DQ's, but I am sure that will be a big issue that happens down the road.
Old 05-30-2021, 11:16 PM   #19
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG49010 View Post
Seems like quite a bit of drifting in the last 1/8th of a mile, and the jocks have little to no control at that point. I didn't see any DQ's, but I am sure that will be a big issue that happens down the road.
Yes....horses respond to which side the Jock hits them.....how is that done with just a hand ride....

I guess a out of control horse causing a big spill will have to happen

You know jocks wouldn't boycott because of something they don't believe in...there must be some sort of truth in what they say
Old 05-31-2021, 11:10 AM   #20
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
Yes....horses respond to which side the Jock hits them.....how is that done with just a hand ride....

I guess a out of control horse causing a big spill will have to happen

You know jocks wouldn't boycott because of something they don't believe in...there must be some sort of truth in what they say

they all have the crop in their hands, + allowed to use it to correct a drift
Old 05-31-2021, 11:14 AM   #21
Scanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG49010 View Post
I've watched all of the head-on replays and there has been very little drifting in the stretch (considering the state of the track on Sat and Sun, that was quite an accomplishment). The ones that had were well clear of any other horse and the drift was of no consequence.

There were two drifts that come to mind when two horses got close in the finish, but in those cases it was a matter of the rider not taking the corrective action with his reins. The riders will continue to adjust and improve.

Keep the faith, this is a good inititive for racing.
Scanman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 11:17 AM   #22
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
When does the actual "No Whip" goes in effect?
Old 05-31-2021, 11:18 AM   #23
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Many are not carrying them.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 11:37 AM   #24
RunDustyRun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanman View Post
I've watched all of the head-on replays and there has been very little drifting in the stretch (considering the state of the track on Sat and Sun, that was quite an accomplishment). The ones that had were well clear of any other horse and the drift was of no consequence.

There were two drifts that come to mind when two horses got close in the finish, but in those cases it was a matter of the rider not taking the corrective action with his reins. The riders will continue to adjust and improve.

Keep the faith, this is a good inititive for racing.
If you truly watched all head ons and are stating that you saw very little drifting in the stretch then you are being disengenuous at best and flat out lying at worst. Maybe not as much from leading horses but just watch the "battles" for third fourth and fifth place. Its a stagger fest with horses drifting every race.

Remember this track allowed Navarro and Servis to pump whatever the hell they wanted into their horses but now they are for the horses and making things "safer." Check out the handle...way down...its been a joke track for years and now is even worse...won't get one cent from me.
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 11:53 AM   #25
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun View Post
If you truly watched all head ons and are stating that you saw very little drifting in the stretch then you are being disengenuous at best and flat out lying at worst. Maybe not as much from leading horses but just watch the "battles" for third fourth and fifth place. Its a stagger fest with horses drifting every race.

Remember this track allowed Navarro and Servis to pump whatever the hell they wanted into their horses but now they are for the horses and making things "safer." Check out the handle...way down...its been a joke track for years and now is even worse...won't get one cent from me.

AGREE!!
Old 05-31-2021, 12:00 PM   #26
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Many are not carrying them.
That was true Fri CJ but I think more started carrying them Sat and Sun
Old 05-31-2021, 12:09 PM   #27
burnsy
self medicated

It cracks me up that people argue like they are experts. I’ll admit , I’ve learned how to handicap races and read but I don’t have a clue what it takes to ride 40 mph with a pack of animals that outweigh me by some ten fold. So, any reasonable decision sort of should be deferred to the jocks themselves. But this isn’t opinion. If you have to dig up “ replacements” like a phony, football, sports movie. You got a problem, many bettors will bypass your product and it’s pretty much happening before our eyes. People sitting there saying... “ Every one should support this and join the party.” That falls mostly on deaf ears. If the jocks buy in , I’d probably be all for it. But these guys put the horses and their own ass on the line daily. A freaking ambulance trails them around the track . Again, if you are recruiting people that are desperate to get a leg up in this industry over veteran people that are in the top echelon of this game. You can post all the roses and daisy’s you want..,,.. it’s not good. I’ll wait and see how this plays out. I don’t bet there anyway until the biggest days.

Last edited by burnsy; 05-31-2021 at 12:13 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 12:11 PM   #28
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
It cracks me up that people argue like they are experts. I’ll admit , I’ve learned how to handicap races and read but I don’t have a clue what it takes to ride 40 mph with a pack of animals that outweigh me by some ten fold. So, any reasonable decision sort should be deferred to the jocks themselves. But this isn’t opinion. If you have to dig up “ replacements” like a phony football sports movie. You got a problem, many bettors will bypass your product and it’s pretty much happening before our eyes. People sitting there saying... “ Every one should support this and join the party.” That falls mostly on deaf ears. If the jocks buy in , I’d probably be all for it. But these guys put the horses and their own ass on the line daily. A freaking ambulance trails them around the track . Again, if you are recruiting people that are desperate to get a leg up in this industry over veteran people that are in the top echelon of this game. You can post all the roses and daisy’s you want..,,.. it’s not good. I’ll wait and see how this plays out. I don’t bet there anyway until the biggest days.
Couldn't have said it any better....Thxs
Old 05-31-2021, 12:24 PM   #29
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
It cracks me up that people argue like they are experts. I’ll admit , I’ve learned how to handicap races and read but I don’t have a clue what it takes to ride 40 mph with a pack of animals that outweigh me by some ten fold. So, any reasonable decision sort of should be deferred to the jocks themselves. But this isn’t opinion. If you have to dig up “ replacements” like a phony, football, sports movie. You got a problem, many bettors will bypass your product and it’s pretty much happening before our eyes. People sitting there saying... “ Every one should support this and join the party.” That falls mostly on deaf ears. If the jocks buy in , I’d probably be all for it. But these guys put the horses and their own ass on the line daily. A freaking ambulance trails them around the track . Again, if you are recruiting people that are desperate to get a leg up in this industry over veteran people that are in the top echelon of this game. You can post all the roses and daisy’s you want..,,.. it’s not good. I’ll wait and see how this plays out. I don’t bet there anyway until the biggest days.
Haskell Day and other decent stakes will be interesting. Bravo, Gallardo and Centeno (nominally based at Mth) aren’t at Mth but other from last year jocks are or will be
Old 05-31-2021, 12:25 PM   #30
Scanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun View Post

Your post is absolute NONSENSE! Probably best if you didn't post about topics that you don't have a clue about. It doesn't add anything relevent to the discussion.

Perhaps, you could troll a different thread and take george.burns99 with you.
Scanman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply