Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-25-2021, 06:01 PM   #16
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I bet the second winner because I'm not an idiot. I saw the first race, then saw he had another runner earlier in the week that ran a good second.

But, that isn't really a game I want to play and I doubt it is one that is going to draw anyone to the sport. If it could be proven I would bet anything the guy was a beard, possibly even for a guy that is currently under FBI indictment.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2021, 11:47 PM   #17
FRMNBRI

CJ-

I highly doubt that you are a idiot. I spent roughly three hours handicapping that pick 6 card. The horse that ran second was my top choice in the first leg. As a true horseplayer and handicapper its hard to toss in a horse with connections as poor as that trainer. Sure some might argue in low level claiming race you hit the all button but unless your a syndicate its not affordable. A friend of mine who has been playing horses since he was 11 and now is in his late 60's told me he NEVER will play GP during the spring meet. How do we use a jockey/trainer combo with a 0% clip and feel good about it, or a horse that shows no works and shows up to run in a race?

Anyways CJ again I would not have bet that horse if you paid me too. LOL I would like to see more handicappers give me there thoughts on GP. I feel it is one of the toughest tracks to win at but maybe Im just missing the big picture

Brian
FRMNBRI is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2021, 12:29 AM   #18
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRMNBRI View Post
CJ-

I highly doubt that you are a idiot. I spent roughly three hours handicapping that pick 6 card. The horse that ran second was my top choice in the first leg. As a true horseplayer and handicapper its hard to toss in a horse with connections as poor as that trainer. Sure some might argue in low level claiming race you hit the all button but unless your a syndicate its not affordable. A friend of mine who has been playing horses since he was 11 and now is in his late 60's told me he NEVER will play GP during the spring meet. How do we use a jockey/trainer combo with a 0% clip and feel good about it, or a horse that shows no works and shows up to run in a race?

Anyways CJ again I would not have bet that horse if you paid me too. LOL I would like to see more handicappers give me there thoughts on GP. I feel it is one of the toughest tracks to win at but maybe Im just missing the big picture

Brian
For sure I was never betting the first winner, but once that horse won while being bet down alarms went off for me. But that is a crappy game that really doesn't interest me. I don't bet GP for the most part exactly because I don't trust the racing is regulated much at all, and for horse racing that is saying something.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2021, 06:22 PM   #19
FRMNBRI

Ok so tell me who used that 50-1 at GP in first leg off pick 6 today. That was a sure standout..lol At least his odds drifted up instead of getting pounded at the gate. I can't find that trainers connections anywhere.
Old 06-06-2021, 01:42 AM   #20
trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Put on by this guy:

https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Re...=237327&rbt=TB

I'm sure there is nothing to see here.
Juan Reviriego has two horses entered Sunday at GP:

Race 1: Meteorito 2nd race back since Reviriego took over. Ran 2nd in a $12,500 maiden claimer on turf at 18/1 three weeks ago at GP.
Previously trained by Francisco D'angelo
M/L odds Sunday 9/5 $12,500 maiden claimer on the main track
Jockey Carlos Lugo

Race 5: Hard Astray 2nd race since Reviriego took over, again from Francisco D'angelo. Won 1st race back in a $12,500 maiden claimer at 9/1 two weeks ago on turf at GP.
Sunday's race is a $12,500 claimer on turf. Morning line 30/1
Jockey Carlos Lugo
trifecta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 07:55 PM   #21
FRMNBRI

Sorry Fellas I had to bump this thread bc to my stupidity I tried to win at GP today. Can someone please tell me what the jockey on the horse was doing in the last leg. He seemed to be running fine but maybe getting a little tired but the jock just stopped riding. I believe he was the the ML fav or maybe second choice. The jockey seemed like he just wanted to give up ride. Maybe he knew he couldn't win but its GP. These jocks whip the carp out of their horses. Someone check the replay for me and give me their opinion. I didn't have the winner and I will always admit when I missed something in my studies and I DEFINATELY missed that one. THANKS GUYS
Old 06-18-2021, 10:35 PM   #22
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRMNBRI View Post
Sorry Fellas I had to bump this thread bc to my stupidity I tried to win at GP today. Can someone please tell me what the jockey on the horse was doing in the last leg. He seemed to be running fine but maybe getting a little tired but the jock just stopped riding. I believe he was the the ML fav or maybe second choice. The jockey seemed like he just wanted to give up ride. Maybe he knew he couldn't win but its GP. These jocks whip the carp out of their horses. Someone check the replay for me and give me their opinion. I didn't have the winner and I will always admit when I missed something in my studies and I DEFINATELY missed that one. THANKS GUYS
Looked like a textbook example of two horses with the top early pace figures hooked up in a big duel and the horse with the worst pace figure but otherwise fits just fine runs by them all. I don't fault the rider on the 9 as far as whipping goes, IMO he was spent, whipping in this case might get a half-length more out of the horse. I don't think it mattered. The commitment to hook early is where someone might find fault with the ride, I mean the horse has won before from 4th, he could've sat second comfortably and just rode his own race... then again hindsight is 20/20, he might be riding to instructions, whatever, I'd hesitate to fault him for sending, if he does relax a bit early though he's probably getting passed later and finishing on the board IMO.

Last edited by MJC922; 06-18-2021 at 10:36 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2021, 03:14 AM   #23
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
Looked like a textbook example of two horses with the top early pace figures hooked up in a big duel and the horse with the worst pace figure but otherwise fits just fine runs by them all. I don't fault the rider on the 9 as far as whipping goes, IMO he was spent, whipping in this case might get a half-length more out of the horse. I don't think it mattered. The commitment to hook early is where someone might find fault with the ride, I mean the horse has won before from 4th, he could've sat second comfortably and just rode his own race... then again hindsight is 20/20, he might be riding to instructions, whatever, I'd hesitate to fault him for sending, if he does relax a bit early though he's probably getting passed later and finishing on the board IMO.
Awesome feedback MJC and after watching it again, it makes sense to me for the jockey not asking more from the horse. I am so against jocks whipping the horses until to gain a length( at best ) like you said. The speed duo upfront is most likely what did that horse in. I didn't see what the fractions were so I will go back and look. I appreciate another players view on it and you make so great points so thank you

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: