Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:21 PM   #16
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat
I cannot dload or open infotran some abt 32 or 64 bit what can i do im runnimg windows vista
Pat,

I have no idea why you're having this problem. The program has been downloaded and run on 32 and 64 bit machines.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #17
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

The "Black Box" version of AllData PPs, for Excel versions prior to 2007, has been uploaded to my site.

The file name for the download is named: "alldata_pps_blackbox.zip".

The "Black Box" scored a 36% hit rate on win bets with it's top pick, for a 22% net ROI.

Handifast default was the only other true "black box" that outperformed us with a 24.5% net profit.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #18
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

As those of you, who visit my site, know, "Hcap" has joined forces with AllData and has worked out a method that enables Bris/TSN 1435 field race cards to be loaded into AllData, without the use of Infotran.

We have been working out the bugs in a "Beta" version of AllData PPs that will be uploaded to the AllData site soon, so that our users can run it through it's paces and report any errors and offer suggestions.

The "Beta" will also include the ability to load .xrd, Bris Exotic Results, files into the spreadsheet, with obvious implications as to the future of AllData.

I've finished my additions to the "Beta" and have sent it back to Hcap, for finalization, before uploading to the site.

The Beta version is named "AllDataNI", "NI" meaning, "No Infotran". This version is written for Excel 2007, only, but, we will also be offering it in pre-2007 format later, for those users who don't have Excel 2007, yet. The 2007 (and the pre-2007) version will still load all 1435 data fields in the Bris/TSN data files. This is, as far as I know, the first time all 1435 fields will be loadable and publicly available, in pre-Excel 2007 versions, without the use of AllData's Infotran control file.

So, kudos to Harry, Hcap here on PA, for his innovative ideas and hours of labor in working around Infotran!!!!!

Last edited by raybo; 03-21-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #19
pat

where can i get instuctions on how to dload and use below named program

alldata_pps_2007.zip
pat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #20
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat
where can i get instuctions on how to dload and use below named program

alldata_pps_2007.zip
The help file on my site, below the 3 versions of AllData on the "AllData" page, will show you how to download and operate any of the 3. The instructions for version 2.1 (for pre-2007 versions) are the same as the 2007 version. If you can operate version 2.1 you can operate the 2007 version.

I would recommend waiting for the "Beta" version, as it is much more user friendly. It is written for Excel 2007.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:32 PM   #21
pat

im unable to install infotran on any of my pcs can i use the programs without it
Old 03-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #22
hcap

pat,

I can't run it on my new Windows 7 machine either.
In any case the Excel 2007 version not requiring Infotran will be posted on Ray's blog very soon.
A few weeks later a pre-2007 version also not requiring Infotran will be done.

One of the problems is adding functionality without sacrificing any of Ray's outstanding visuals. And pace and summary numbers.
I am doing my best to maintain Ray's work while eliminating Infotran. Hang in there.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2010, 07:23 AM   #23
pat

thanks for info
Old 03-27-2010, 04:16 AM   #24
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Well, AllDataNI, the non-Infotran version of AllData PPs, is back in my court for some more mods, but, I'm having issues with the mods. Hopefully I can get these issues resolved soon and get it back to Harry and then uploaded to the site.

Hang in there!

Old 04-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #25
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

AllData-NI Beta now available

Ok, I got the "go ahead" from Harry for AllData-NI (Beta). I have uploaded it to the AllData website (NOTE: you must have Excel 2007 in order to run this version. A "pre-2007" version is coming soon for those who have not upgraded to 2007, yet.).

Note: the website has a new page tab, named: "AllData-NI Beta". Click that tab to access the "AlldataNIbeta.zip" download.

Directly below the download are the instructions for using "AllDataNIBeta.xlsb". Please read the instructions.

Post any errors or problems, as well as, suggestions, here, on the Blog, or email me.

Infotran has been "officially" retired!

Last edited by raybo; 04-02-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #26
douglasw32
douglasw32

Amazing work, so far so good, no problems I can see.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #27
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Variable time per B/L option

It was discovered, by one of our users (thanks Giuseppe!), that the beta version did not include the option to use my "variable time per beaten length multiplier" method, for adjusting raw times, based on each fractional leader's average speed, in feet per second, for each fraction.

I decided to go ahead and add the option and have uploaded the modified beta version to my website, with instructions for the option directly above the download.

So, if you have already downloaded the beta, and want this option, you will need to download the latest beta version.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:31 AM   #28
Rwahi1

What a beautiful piece of work ! It is awesome ! You guys are really talented.

Thank you very much.
Rwahi1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #29
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwahi1
What a beautiful piece of work ! It is awesome ! You guys are really talented.

Thank you very much.
Thank you for your kind words! We're kind of proud of it, ourselves.

Let us know if any errors arise or if you have suggestions for future versions.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #30
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

As I've said before, we're trying to "grow the game" with AllData, putting in the hands of prospective new players an easy method for stepping to the next level in their handicapping by being able to utilize inexpensive data files and a common computer application, with a relatively flat learning curve.

Last edited by raybo; 04-04-2010 at 09:10 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: