Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-27-2020, 02:35 PM   #3496
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
... this discussion is about the universe's origin ...
Red Herring! Changing the subject mid-debate. Arguing about a tangential topic rather than the original issue. The original issue is about the nature of space-time.

You obviously do not understand what I have said so far. Shall I start over?
Old 02-27-2020, 08:24 PM   #3497
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Red Herring! Changing the subject mid-debate. Arguing about a tangential topic rather than the original issue. The original issue is about the nature of space-time.

You obviously do not understand what I have said so far. Shall I start over?
Well, maybe in your mind. But that begs the question, doesn't it? The real question is what is the nature of the universe, of which "space-time" is an aspect!? Is the universe finite or infinite? Did the universe have a beginning?
Old 02-27-2020, 08:30 PM   #3498
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
So you can't read your 2nd bible too swell.

Another diversion and deflection down another idiotic rabbit hole
Both from, M-W

Definition of omniscient
1 : having infinite awareness, understanding, and insight an omniscient author

Definition of omnificent
: unlimited in creative power

We were talking change, bunky not "awareness"

And once again you can't answer why an all powerful, unlimited in creative power being, cant change if it wants too? Noti immutable if you insist on using that word.

God says to itself, let there be some muting.

PS, putz, drop out of civil conversations and the human race until you get one thing cirredct
So, what does "omnificent" have to do with an anthrpomorphism? Also, even IF I were to grant you your lame argument, what does that have to do with God's essence -- with his being -- with who he IS? Since God is the self-existent One, he is pure existence in his essence. Therefore, that cannot change! His nature/essence is immutable -- just as our nature is immutable!
Old 02-27-2020, 11:22 PM   #3499
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Well, maybe in your mind. But that begs the question, doesn't it?
No, it definitely does not. Definition of Begging the Question. Basically repeating the claim and never providing support for the premises, or, in other words, repeating the same argument over and over again. See argumentium ad nauseam.

Quote:
The real question is what is the nature of the universe, of which "space-time" is an aspect!?
Define universe. M-W is not clear on this. What needs to be clarified is whether the universe consists only of space, or does it consist of space and time.

Quote:
Is the universe finite or infinite?
If the universe consists only of space then it is definitely finite. This is settled science. If it consists of space and time then (the question "is space finite or infinite" having been settled) the question becomes is time finite or infinite? To answer this we must consider time means just time, or must we also consider "time interval."

Quote:
Did the universe have a beginning?
Until we know the answer to the above the only honest answer is "we don't know yet."
Old 02-28-2020, 03:22 AM   #3500
hcap

Quote:
So, what does "omnificent" have to do with an anthrpomorphism? Also, even IF I were to grant you your lame argument, what does that have to do with God's essence -- with his being -- with who he IS? Since God is the self-existent One, he is pure existence in his essence. Therefore, that cannot change! His nature/essence is immutable -- just as our nature is immutable!
You totally forgot the argument we were having. And why you are completely wrong. I suspect you cannot admit your inability to follow simple logic and keep up..

Oh well!

What's the point of shaming you, if you can't understand just how badly you have been shamed.

What a total waste of time.
Much later.

Last edited by hcap; 02-28-2020 at 03:24 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2020, 09:59 AM   #3501
boxcar

Quote:
You totally forgot the argument we were having. And why you are completely wrong. I suspect you cannot admit your inability to follow simple logic and keep up..

Oh well!

What's the point of shaming you, if you can't understand just how badly you have been shamed.

What a total waste of time.
Much later.
Enjoy your sleep of death. That is your reward in this life.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:04 AM   #3502
boxcar

Quote:
No, it definitely does not. Definition of Begging the Question. Basically repeating the claim and never providing support for the premises, or, in other words, repeating the same argument over and over again. See argumentium ad nauseam.

Define universe. M-W is not clear on this. What needs to be clarified is whether the universe consists only of space, or does it consist of space and time.

If the universe consists only of space then it is definitely finite. This is settled science. If it consists of space and time then (the question "is space finite or infinite" having been settled) the question becomes is time finite or infinite? To answer this we must consider time means just time, or must we also consider "time interval."

Until we know the answer to the above the only honest answer is "we don't know yet."
I think trusty ol' M-W has a fine definition for "universe". The primary definition is: the whole body of things and phenomena observed and postulated.
This would necessarily include Matter. There is no universe apart from Space, Matter and Time -- the Three in One.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:20 AM   #3503
hcap

Quote:
Enjoy your sleep of death. That is your reward in this life.
Every f**k**g thing you have ever posted has been totally and fatally wrong!!

I used to think it was just your vacuous mind and world-shaking ignorance with a zero memory. I was mistaken. The simplest logical statements evade you, as you just demonstrated. Takes much too long trying explaining things to you.

Jefferson said....

“Difference of opinion is advantageous in religion. The several sects perform the office of a Censor morum over each other. Is uniformity attainable?...
(From Latin censor morum, "censor (critic) of morals" )

Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth. Let us reflect that it is inhabited by a thousand millions of people. That these profess probably a thousand different systems of religion. That ours is but one of that thousand. That if there be but one right, and ours that one, we should wish to see the 999 wandering sects gathered into the fold of truth. But against such a majority we cannot effect this by force. Reason and persuasion are the only practicable instruments. To make way for these, free enquiry must be indulged; and how can we wish others to indulge it while we refuse it ourselves.”

― Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia
Old 02-28-2020, 12:21 PM   #3504
boxcar

Quote:
Every f**k**g thing you have ever posted has been totally and fatally wrong!!

I used to think it was just your vacuous mind and world-shaking ignorance with a zero memory. I was mistaken. The simplest logical statements evade you, as you just demonstrated. Takes much too long trying explaining things to you.

Jefferson said....

“Difference of opinion is advantageous in religion. The several sects perform the office of a Censor morum over each other. Is uniformity attainable?...
(From Latin censor morum, "censor (critic) of morals" )

Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth. Let us reflect that it is inhabited by a thousand millions of people. That these profess probably a thousand different systems of religion. That ours is but one of that thousand. That if there be but one right, and ours that one, we should wish to see the 999 wandering sects gathered into the fold of truth. But against such a majority we cannot effect this by force. Reason and persuasion are the only practicable instruments. To make way for these, free enquiry must be indulged; and how can we wish others to indulge it while we refuse it ourselves.”

― Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia
Jefferson (a deist, I believe?), very obviously, was not familiar with this passage:

1 John 2:18-20
18 Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have arisen; from this we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us.
NASB

It's all part of God's Grand Plan. Meanwhile, the true Church (the saved remnant) will remain unified on the critical fundamentals of The Faith; for Christ will lose no one whom the Father has given to Him.

You heard it here first...
Old 02-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #3505
boxcar

"What does the Bible say about how to find purpose in life?"

https://www.gotquestions.org/QOTW.htm

P.S. In an impersonal, purposeless, intentionality-free universe, there cannot possibly be any true, objective, universal purpose to any life form. Whatever purpose any non-believer dreams up is purely subjective and speculative in nature.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:22 PM   #3506
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
It's all part of God's Grand Plan.
We pause now while someone comes up with proof that God exits, or that He does not exist.

Quote:
You heard it here first...
Wrong!

Quote:
P.S. In an impersonal, purposeless, intentionality-free universe, there cannot possibly be any true, objective, universal purpose to any life form.
You finally figured that out, huh?

Quote:
Whatever purpose any believer dreams up is purely subjective and speculative in nature.
FTFY.

Last edited by Actor; 02-28-2020 at 05:26 PM.
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2020, 07:22 PM   #3507
boxcar

Quote:
We pause now while someone comes up with proof that God exits, or that He does not exist.

Wrong!

You finally figured that out, huh?

FTFY.
Nah...I've known this for a long time. King Solomon even agreed with me. That's really Kool, if I say so myself.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:53 PM   #3508
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Nah...I've known this for a long time.
Known what?

Quote:
King Solomon even agreed with me. That's really Kool, if I say so myself.
There's no evidence that King Solomon ever existed.

Last edited by Actor; 02-28-2020 at 08:54 PM.
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2020, 09:05 PM   #3509
boxcar

Quote:
Known what?
Figure it out.

Quote:
There's no evidence that King Solomon ever existed.
There's no evidence that anything exists between your ears either.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:02 PM   #3510
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
There's no evidence that anything exists between your ears either.
Ad hominem!

Not very original.