Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #211
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You buy into the global warming BS and deny the mountain of evidence against Hillary?

Old 05-12-2018, 03:18 PM   #212
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Maybe because it is fake news, launched as an obstruction to the real investigations, by righties getting very nervous?
Yes of course everything ever levied at or against the Clinton's has been baseless and fake. Why she did not delete subpoenaed emails hell no the static discharge created by her use of a rage magically did it or the gigabyte fairy.

Her and Bill's "Foundation" was not a repository of play to play money but when her bid for the Presidency failed so did (the foundation has completed a planned shutdown of the Clinton Global Initiative) and further scaling back happened other then payments to family and friends that hold position in the remaining shell foundation.

But yes as sure as Hillary can descend a flight of stairs or step off a curb into a SUV without fall face first these thing and many many others are "Fake Clinton News".

Oh... Hillary and the DNC with the help of Friendly Obama Operatives... did in fact collude with the Russians to create the junk Trump file that all this Muleherder BS is based off of.

As for the Right.. it's about as nervous as cats in a rat packing factory... we're just licking our chops while we pick out which fat rat get devoured first.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:27 AM   #213
delayjf

Quote:
Maybe because it is fake news, launched as an obstruction to the real investigations, by righties getting very nervous?
If he does have to answer to a Subpoena - could he not just plead the fifth?
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2018, 10:36 AM   #214
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
He could, however "if you're innocent".......

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #215
lamboguy

Quote:
he could plead the 5th and then the prosecutor would have to apply to the Attorney General for a letter of immunity from prosecution. since he appointed the Attorney General that would be very unlikely to happen.

they have come up with 25 indictments so far. 12 of them are for Russians who don't live here. the others are going to get let off any way. so this whole witch hunt is a complete waste of time.

if what they get from Michael Cohen is substantial, it won't be enough to get an indictment against Trump without further documentation or witness. again a waste of time.

bottom line here is that Trump knows exactly what's going on and knows how to operate. he won't lose any votes or any support from all this. it just makes ratings go up for useless television shows that already were drowning and need all this to stay afloat. those people getting paid should be kissing the ground that Trump walks on, otherwise they would be walking around outside their studio's.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2018, 12:43 PM   #216
delayjf

Quote:
He could, however "if you're innocent".......
Here's the thing, If there were any discrepancy with Trumps testimony and any one else, Based on an His opinion or Judgement alone, Mueller could indict Trump for perjury. If I'm Trump, I telling everyone, that I'm not letting Mueller do that to me. Issue the subpoena and I will plead the 5th.

Remember, Mueller has a history of convicting innocent people.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2018, 01:04 PM   #217
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Here's the thing, If there were any discrepancy with Trumps testimony and any one else, Based on an His opinion or Judgement alone, Mueller could indict Trump for perjury. If I'm Trump, I telling everyone, that I'm not letting Mueller do that to me. Issue the subpoena and I will plead the 5th.

Because Mueller had a career long history of both corruption and stupidity, Trump should simply tell him to go to hell.

Let the idiots in the media and the left wing lunatics on PA off topic general lose their cookies conjuring up reasons why The Donald will be impeached.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #218
tucker6

Quote:

Similarly, I would broadcast to the world that I'd be happy to answer any and all DIRECT questions related to Russian collusion because it's important we find out what if anything Russia did, but anything else will get the 5th from me because I won't be party to a witch hunt.

So he answers 10 questions on collusion and pleads the 5th for the rest. By broadcasting his terms in advance, I believe he insulates himself from the "what's he got to hide" crowd. He answering the questions relating to the original mandate of the SC, but isn't willing to play on obstruction or any other fantasy crimes.

Last edited by tucker6; 05-13-2018 at 06:26 PM.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2018, 06:57 PM   #219
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

When you plead the fifth, you are guilty.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:39 PM   #220
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
When you plead the fifth, you are guilty.
You can never look at it like that. If your accuser is corrupt you have no choice.

Btw.....

NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE WITHOUT A LAWYER!
Old 05-13-2018, 10:42 PM   #221
davew

well, there is a difference between science and right wing conspiracy theory
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2018, 06:14 AM   #222
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Similarly, I would broadcast to the world that I'd be happy to answer any and all DIRECT questions related to Russian collusion because it's important we find out what if anything Russia did, but anything else will get the 5th from me because I won't be party to a witch hunt.

So he answers 10 questions on collusion and pleads the 5th for the rest. By broadcasting his terms in advance, I believe he insulates himself from the "what's he got to hide" crowd. He answering the questions relating to the original mandate of the SC, but isn't willing to play on obstruction or any other fantasy crimes.
Obstruction of justice among other things is included in Muellers mandate.

The original mandate by Rosenstein’order appointing Robert S. Mueller III to serve as special counsel outlined what Mueller and his team would be investigating......

The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James B. Comey in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

Mueller Can Pursue Whatever Crimes He Uncovers

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...t-goes/534525/

"Crucially, the order written by Rosenstein establishing the special-counsel investigation is very broad. It states that the special counsel is “authorized to conduct the investigation” that includes “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump” as well as “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

From Bloomberg.....

"When it comes to the obstruction portion of the investigation, Mueller is said to be focused on three main episodes: Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey last May; the drafting of a misleading statement about the purpose of a June 2016 meeting between Don Jr., Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner and a group of Russians at Trump Tower; and the disclosure that Trump considered firing Mueller last June."

Last edited by hcap; 05-14-2018 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:45 AM   #223
tucker6

Quote:
Obstruction of justice among other things is included in Muellers mandate.

The original mandate by Rosenstein’order appointing Robert S. Mueller III to serve as special counsel outlined what Mueller and his team would be investigating......

The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James B. Comey in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

Mueller Can Pursue Whatever Crimes He Uncovers

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...t-goes/534525/

"Crucially, the order written by Rosenstein establishing the special-counsel investigation is very broad. It states that the special counsel is “authorized to conduct the investigation” that includes “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump” as well as “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

From Bloomberg.....

"When it comes to the obstruction portion of the investigation, Mueller is said to be focused on three main episodes: Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey last May; the drafting of a misleading statement about the purpose of a June 2016 meeting between Don Jr., Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner and a group of Russians at Trump Tower; and the disclosure that Trump considered firing Mueller last June."
Since I consider the whole thing a witch hunt where the real perpetrators of collusion (Hillary and the DNC) are getting off scot free, I would discuss any obstruction questions out of hand if I were Trump.

Mueller only believes lyin' Comey anyhow, so why does he need Trump's side anyway. Answer that question for me? If you already believe one side is truthful, why get the other side unless your goal is not the truth but entrapment.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2018, 01:54 AM   #224
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Since I consider the whole thing a witch hunt where the real perpetrators of collusion (Hillary and the DNC) are getting off scot free, I would discuss any obstruction questions out of hand if I were Trump.

Mueller only believes lyin' Comey anyhow, so why does he need Trump's side anyway. Answer that question for me? If you already believe one side is truthful, why get the other side unless your goal is not the truth but entrapment.
What a crock.

All of the repug attempts at kneecapping Hillary through congressional and "criminal" investigations fave fallen flat on their faces. Whereas so far as of 5/17/2018, Mueller has a total of 19 people and three Russian companies that have either been indicted or pleaded guilty to criminal charges.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-we...investigation/

And it is not only Mueller investigating Russian interference.
It spawned other efforts with varying results. Including the
Senate Intelligence Committee

Senate Judiciary Committee
House Oversight and GovernmentReform Committe.

The Senate Intelligence Committee has corroborated the intel agencies conclusion that the Russian gov. tried to sway the election in favor of Trump and the failure of Clinton.

Furthermore, as I have pointed out, other investigations of major importance went on much longer.

It is only a matter of time.

Last edited by hcap; 05-19-2018 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:12 AM   #225
boxcar

Quote:
What a crock.

All of the repug attempts at kneecapping Hillary through congressional and "criminal" investigations fave fallen flat on their faces. Whereas so far as of 5/17/2018, Mueller has a total of 19 people and three Russian companies that have either been indicted or pleaded guilty to criminal charges.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-we...investigation/

And it is not only Mueller investigating Russian interference.
It spawned other efforts with varying results. Including the
Senate Intelligence Committee

Senate Judiciary Committee
House Oversight and GovernmentReform Committe.

The Senate Intelligence Committee has corroborated the intel agencies conclusion that the Russian gov. tried to sway the election in favor of Trump and the failure of Clinton.

Furthermore, as I have pointed out, other investigations of major importance went on much longer.

It is only a matter of time.
I see that not-so-great minds think alike, too. Schumer is relying on all those "indictments" of foreign entities to make his argument. Let's see how rock-solid those indictments are now that a foreigner has showed up in front of Mueller, wanting his day in court.

Hint: If all those indictments were so solidly based in reality, Mueller would not have asked the judge for an extension. Instead, he would have been chompin' at the bit to get on with it.

What would happen to your dumb argument if Mueller winds up dropping the charges against this Ruskie because there was never anything there of substance to begin with? Of course, you and Chuckles Schumer could always meet for lunch for a mutual lamentation fest.