Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-09-2023, 09:09 PM   #16
Robert Fischer
clean money

for all the whining about what is 'wrong' with the triple crown series and what must be changed etc... this is a hell of a Belmont Stakes!! figure to get 7+ runners and as many as 9, room for opinions

five or so capable of running 115-120 timeformUS figures

legitimately good race. exceeded expectations with horses like Forte being advertised as not running and then National Treasure getting the pace setup in the Preakness to promote him to run here... Possible that had Bishops Bay won the Peter Pan that it would be less likely to see Arcangelo... things fell into place

Old 06-09-2023, 09:36 PM   #17
JustRalph
Just another Facist

After looking at the card, I think I might sneak out to SHRP

And try to find a spot in the restaurant or somewhere
Old 06-09-2023, 10:30 PM   #18
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
NYRA has far exceeded my hopes with this weekend.
I agree 100%!!!!
One of the best O.A. cards I've seen in quite a while.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2023, 11:33 PM   #19
formula_2002
what an easy game.

I'll be looking to either "play" the favorite or single 1 horse to beat it .

it all depends on how you and everyone else bet into the wps and exacta pools.

I may have but a few plays in this 13 race card

good luck to all.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill

Last edited by formula_2002; 06-09-2023 at 11:38 PM.
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2023, 08:16 AM   #20
Andy Asaro

Rosario riding horribly. Thought he gave one of the worst rides on #7 in the 11th race yesterday. Needed him badly. And apparently so did a lot of other gamblers.

Rosario mounts

Race 2 #8 Silver Skillet. Race short on pace and could stalk #4 Weekend Rags. Could move up on turf but don't like only one work since raced. Gotta toss

Race 3 #3 Anarchist. Should be on or near the lead along with #1 Today's Flavor. IMO he needs to clear to have a shot at winning. Big enough price to use IMO.

Race 4 #7 Life Changer definitely a contender probably gotta use but at a short price gotta be nuts to single with him in the saddle the way he's riding IMO

Race 5 #3 McKinnon. Had some potential but hasn't really improved much since he was a 2yo. 3 wins out of 5 starts at the distance. I gotta toss but wary of the Chad Brown magic.

Race 7 #6 Clairiere. Obviously one of the ones to beat. Super short price with Rosario riding. As cold/bad as he's been riding gotta be crazy to single IMO

Read somewhere that Fort Bragg was gonna scratch in the 8th

9th Race #10 Big Invasion. Like Rosario Doesn't seem the same this year. Not impossible but I gotta toss

Race 11 #10 Highest Honors. Should be a huge price and it's Chad Brown. Might use if I spread cuz of the price.

Race 12 Red Route One. Can't use

Race 13 doesn't matter

Tell me something I don't know. And win a bunch of money today

Good luck

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 06-10-2023 at 08:20 AM.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2023, 08:28 AM   #21
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Rosario riding horribly. Thought he gave one of the worst rides on #7 in the 11th race yesterday. Needed him badly. And apparently so did a lot of other gamblers.
His worst may have been the entry in R2.

He had position and the rail run but gave it up to switch outside in the final furlong. Cancel came up behind him, took the rail, and rode to victory.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2023, 08:41 AM   #22
the little guy

Quote:
The rail was gold on both turf courses on Friday with the rails at zero for the first time this meet. He got to the inside, from an outside post, and set a moderate pace, and got nailed at the wire. He rode the horse perfectly. That was an embarrassing loss for Bubble Rock ( and I needed her to win as well ) but it sure wasn't Joel's fault.

She wasn't winning, but his ride on War Like Goddess was not good. Somewhat of a victim of circumstances but he did nothing to help her and arguably hurt her chances.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2023, 08:42 AM   #23
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

What a day this is going to be. I just started handicapping this morning. The only thing better (for me) would be if I were actually there.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:44 AM   #24
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
The rail was gold on both turf courses on Friday with the rails at zero for the first time this meet. He got to the inside, from an outside post, and set a moderate pace, and got nailed at the wire. He rode the horse perfectly. That was an embarrassing loss for Bubble Rock ( and I needed her to win as well ) but it sure wasn't Joel's fault.

She wasn't winning, but his ride on War Like Goddess was not good. Somewhat of a victim of circumstances but he did nothing to help her and arguably hurt her chances.
He rode Bubble Rock perfectly for about one furlong. Absolutely no need to strangle till the stretch. That took a lot of energy out of the horse. Saez wins by 3-5 lengths on Bubble Rock
Old 06-10-2023, 10:16 AM   #25
LemonSoupKid

Good luck today boys, I'll be rolling with the early pick 5, and playing it late too ... I think Flavien will have some nice early surprises, not that anything should be surprising from him.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2023, 11:04 AM   #26
Spalding No!

Quote:
Absolutely no need to strangle till the stretch. That took a lot of energy out of the horse. Saez wins by 3-5 lengths on Bubble Rock
On the live telecast Gary Stevens surmised that the horse was getting out for most of the race which would explain being hard held by Rosario.

On the head-on view the filly fought with him the most heading into the turn, floating out & refusing to switch to her proper lead.

Not ideal, but better than blowing the turn or worse. If Saez doesn't have similar situational awareness, he might have ended up on the main track.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2023, 11:05 AM   #27
Andy Asaro

Race 1 P5

like best

like best

like best.

Good luck and win a bunch of money
Old 06-10-2023, 11:07 AM   #28
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
On the live telecast Gary Stevens surmised that the horse was getting out for most of the race which would explain being hard held by Rosario.

On the head-on view the filly fought with him the most heading into the turn, floating out & refusing to switch to her proper lead.

Not ideal, but better than blowing the turn or worse. If Saez doesn't have similar situational awareness, he might have ended up on the main track.
Thanks.

If that was the case then it's an excuse. Don't have the PP's now but has the horse ever tried to get out before? I like Gary personally but his opinion not so much.
Old 06-10-2023, 11:15 AM   #29
Spalding No!

Quote:
I like Gary personally but his opinion not so much.
I don't either but the replay bears it out.

Not sure of her history but she was recently cut back & refashioned as turf sprinter.

The question that I have is why Cox/Rosario opted to try to wire the field yesterday when last month Bubble Rock beat many of these from well off the pace in the License Fee?
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2023, 11:19 AM   #30
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Dear Joel,
I need you in the Jaipur on Big Invasion. Please don't drop in from the 10 hole and possibly get yourself all jammed up in traffic. Take your 3w or 4w trip and give the big guy a clear chance to make his run. Safe travels.

Best Regards,
POT