Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 06:31 PM   #1
RacingFan1992

What would happen if horse racing was banned?

I am a neutral person on this subject. I hate seeing horses breakdown during a race but let us look at it in a more realistic perspective. Okay: We banned horse racing. The horses are no longer valuable anymore and the prices drop since the market is flooded. The owners and breeders can't give them away so who comes in and sweeps up all the abandoned horses?: The kill pen buyers, who will ship them to Canada and Mexico in unsafe conditions which causes even more harm and cruelty. Let's be honest, not all of these horses can be adopted out into a nice loving home because of the shear volume plus animal rights people would be livid at the thought of that option since animals should not be ever kept by humans. My big question is: If horse racing is banned, what would you propose is done with all the horses that are left over once the sport gets turned into a skeleton of it's former self?

PS: I love seeing in the comment section all of these people decrying horse racing as being cruel and all of the horses should be turned loose to run and be free and eat grass and be happy. WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS! THAT WON'T HAPPEN!
Old 11-03-2019, 06:33 PM   #2
Afleet

sports betting handle would rise
Old 11-03-2019, 06:37 PM   #3
hyipro

How come they are not screaming about banning FOOTBALL ??? which involves
human beings, being physically scarred for life ? why the massive $$$$$$ made
Old 11-03-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyipro View Post
Because they know its a battle they cant win. Start with the smaller scales like pop warner and high school football, deplete the participation and bleed the sport to death.

You fight the fights you can win, horse racing is winnable.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:03 PM   #5
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Because they know its a battle they cant win. Start with the smaller scales like pop warner and high school football, deplete the participation and bleed the sport to death.

You fight the fights you can win, horse racing is winnable.
Wrong. If grown men want to endanger their brains and lives, that’s their choice. Our horses aren’t making that choice.

The public will always step up first for those who can’t step up for themselves.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:04 PM   #6
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Wrong. If grown men want to endanger their brains and lives, that’s their choice. Our horses aren’t making that choice.

The public will always step up first for those who can’t step up for themselves.
Its moronic to think that other people will not legislate what is better for others (people).
Old 11-03-2019, 07:05 PM   #7
Fager Fan
Veteran

As to the original question, yes, tens of thousands would be slaughtered or euthanized within a short span. That would be gut-wrenching at the time, but then it’d be over, we wouldn’t have 8k or so meeting that fate every year as we do now.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:06 PM   #8
GMB@BP

Quote:

I will say its strange to see someone on a horse racing message board who is so aligned with PETA's positions.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:10 PM   #9
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I will say its strange to see someone on a horse racing message board who is so aligned with PETA's positions.
I’d say it’s strange that you think it’s strange. Think my years posting here about all sorts of things was a setup for the Fall of 2019 when I show how I’m really a PETA mole?

Get a grip. You and PA and all the others who don’t get it.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:26 PM   #10
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
I’d say it’s strange that you think it’s strange. Think my years posting here about all sorts of things was a setup for the Fall of 2019 when I show how I’m really a PETA mole?

It's more of a "Why do you have 5k posts and 9 years on a message board that supports something you believe to be unethical?"
type of question than supposing you must be a mole...

Why?
Old 11-03-2019, 07:28 PM   #11
horsefan2019

Quote:

Modern day activists goal is to destroy stuff they don't think should exist in their vision of society.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:31 PM   #12
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyipro View Post
there are in fact 'PETAs' who focus on concussions, and they are capitalizing on the NFL as we speak.

Quote:

Livestock is slaughtered every day for food.

Every day kids who didn't choose to, die in auto accidents.

Fager can you put on your cape, and help our children to stay out of transportation and our capitalistic society, where they will be safe?

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 11-03-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:34 PM   #13
GMB@BP

Quote:

When was the last time you offered an opinion on an actual horse race? Its clear you are here to troll the fans of the sport. Your posts offer no solutions and only critiques.

What would be the solution that makes you happy?
Old 11-03-2019, 07:34 PM   #14
Nitro

Quote:

Oh really! Is that the mentality the Pro Abortionists have about the unborn? Your statement is foolish at best!
Old 11-03-2019, 07:44 PM   #15
Wabash

Quote:

So bottom line, you are totally against horse racing?
Closed Thread