Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-12-2018, 08:16 PM   #31
letswastemoney

Instilled Regard's 2nd dam is Heavenly Prize. That has to be part of the reason he's so expensive.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 08:20 PM   #32
MONEY

My mechanical system pick

I do not handicap anymore.
K.I.S.S. is my motto, my mechanical pick is,

#10 Instilled Regard.

Good Luck
Old 01-13-2018, 01:07 PM   #33
FrankieFigs
The 19th Hole

I'm adding to the weight Instilled Regard will be carrying. Like him a lot.

Wouldn't surprise me if Ebben spices up the exotics....
Old 01-13-2018, 03:41 PM   #34
Red Knave
dGnr8

I like some combination of these :
5 Kowboy Karma
12 Principe Guilherme
13 Prince Lucky

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Red Knave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #35
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Instilled Regard
Principe Guilherme
Kowboy Karma

Best LP in a Fast Pace projected race, Steve Asmussen no stranger to 3yo stakes won over this track last out - if I can get 8-1 on him I'll take it.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #36
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
5/2 on Instilled Regard would be a steal IMO.
Nice call!
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2018, 05:57 PM   #37
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFigs View Post
I'm adding to the weight Instilled Regard will be carrying. Like him a lot.

Wouldn't surprise me if Ebben spices up the exotics....
Nice call, he won fairly easily
Old 01-15-2018, 05:58 PM   #38
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Instilled Regard
Principe Guilherme
Kowboy Karma

Best LP in a Fast Pace projected race, Steve Asmussen no stranger to 3yo stakes won over this track last out - if I can get 8-1 on him I'll take it.
everybody liked this horse except me-thought the ship was going to affect him
Old 01-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #39
dilanesp

Instilled Regard was 80 to 1 to win the Kentucky Derby when I visited Vegas in late December.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2018, 06:15 PM   #40
Afleet

This doesn't bode well for the winner, but jinx's end all the time. I still won't bet this horse in the futures even though I like his pedigree

Just one winner of the Lecomte Stakes has gone on to win one of the legs of the Triple Crown: Oxbow, who went on to win the Preakness Stakes and finish second in the Belmont Stakes following his Lecomte Stakes victory in 2013. Another winner, 2007 champ Hard Spun, later finished second in the Kentucky Derby and third in the Preakness Stakes.

Only one horse that contested the Lecomte Stakes went on to win the Kentucky Derby, though he didn’t provide much of a clue to his ability in the Lecomte. War Emblem entered the race having won twice from three starts, but he faded after setting the pace to finish fifth. He didn’t do much better in the Risen Star Stakes, finishing sixth. Perhaps he didn’t like Fair Grounds: he then won an allowance race and the Illinois Derby before taking out the Derby and Preakness.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:33 PM   #41
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
This doesn't bode well for the winner, but jinx's end all the time. I still won't bet this horse in the futures even though I like his pedigree

Just one winner of the Lecomte Stakes has gone on to win one of the legs of the Triple Crown: Oxbow, who went on to win the Preakness Stakes and finish second in the Belmont Stakes following his Lecomte Stakes victory in 2013. Another winner, 2007 champ Hard Spun, later finished second in the Kentucky Derby and third in the Preakness Stakes.

Only one horse that contested the Lecomte Stakes went on to win the Kentucky Derby, though he didn’t provide much of a clue to his ability in the Lecomte. War Emblem entered the race having won twice from three starts, but he faded after setting the pace to finish fifth. He didn’t do much better in the Risen Star Stakes, finishing sixth. Perhaps he didn’t like Fair Grounds: he then won an allowance race and the Illinois Derby before taking out the Derby and Preakness.
These sorts of stats are meaningless.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2018, 09:37 PM   #42
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post

I believe this horse if healthy will have his best chance in the Belmont. His bloodlines look like he wants to run forever.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2018, 10:07 PM   #43
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I tend to agree, just food for thought. There are different animals running in it every year w/different pedigrees. He may have been the first million dollar horse to run in the race.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:53 AM   #44
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I agree. It's the horse, not where they prep.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: