Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-31-2017, 01:30 PM   #1
linrom1
Veteran

D Jacobson at Santa Anita

So far he had four starters that didn't lift a hoof, in fact, two finished dead last in large fields.

While my opinion of his prospect at the meet might be way too early, it does not look to me that he will be more successful than G. Motion who went 0-19 at SA winter meet in 2017.
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2017, 02:04 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

It isn't like this is Jacobson's first time to take a string to California.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2017, 02:42 PM   #3
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
It isn't like this is Jacobson's first time to take a string to California.
I know right, I looked at his stats the past 3 or 4 years and they are horrid.

I would only bring good turf horses, his dirt horses are going up in class if placed at like levels.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2017, 04:06 PM   #4
RunForTheRoses

He does win some races at SA, in fact he just won the 2nd. He'll usually win with a dropdown as he is apt to do anywhere.

It does seem with SoCa there is a dues paying period before you can win. There was a top notch Midwest trainer who sent a string out there a few years ago and didn't get it together until quite a few losses mounted.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2017, 04:19 PM   #5
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I know right, I looked at his stats the past 3 or 4 years and they are horrid.

I would only bring good turf horses, his dirt horses are going up in class if placed at like levels.
timely, though I used the horse in a contest
Old 12-31-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
linrom1
Veteran

It looks to me that his turfers should be running at GG. Let's see his PARX wonders now.
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2017, 08:46 PM   #7
lamboguy

somebody bet out on his winner that had run in Penn National that came out of a good field of horses today.

he will win his share of races this year,
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2018, 07:24 AM   #8
pandy

I wonder if Jacobson's training approach will work at Santa Anita. Races at Santa Anita tend to be raced at a faster pace over a harder surface compared to the NYRA tracks. And a lot of the So. Cal trainers work their horses hard and fast. Very few NY trainers work their horses fast. Jacobson works his horses 3 furlongs in snail like time. I wonder if his horses will be sharp enough to overcome the more frenetic So. Cal paces, especially since it's hard to win at Santa Anita if you're not close to the pace. Training horses 3 furlongs in :39.3 may not have them on edge enough to stalk a fast pace and have anything left.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2018, 11:30 AM   #9
RunDustyRun

Jacobson's Lewys Vaporizer was one of the worst looking horses I've ever seen in the 6th at SA yesterday....seen the horse in NY and the difference was shocking...looked like it hadn't seen a feed tub in weeks then and ran a couple furlongs and stopped....claimed for 10000 by Blake Heap and I'll be interested to see if he can bring this once decent horse back to life
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #10
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Betting against Jacobson in So Cal is very good right now. Ride it until it isn't, that is how it goes in horse racing.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #11
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
I wonder if Jacobson's training approach will work at Santa Anita. Races at Santa Anita tend to be raced at a faster pace over a harder surface compared to the NYRA tracks. And a lot of the So. Cal trainers work their horses hard and fast. Very few NY trainers work their horses fast. Jacobson works his horses 3 furlongs in snail like time. I wonder if his horses will be sharp enough to overcome the more frenetic So. Cal paces, especially since it's hard to win at Santa Anita if you're not close to the pace. Training horses 3 furlongs in :39.3 may not have them on edge enough to stalk a fast pace and have anything left.
Hit the nail on the head.
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2018, 10:32 PM   #12
RunForTheRoses

Robert N Falcone should be given props on SA success, a winner and a third today plus a winner a few days ago. Not an easy thing to do. Both winners on turf not dirt though.

Last edited by RunForTheRoses; 01-13-2018 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:18 PM   #13
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Robert N Falcone should be given props on SA success, a winner and a third today plus a winner a few days ago. Not an easy thing to do. Both winners on turf not dirt though.

Did he finish 3rd in the 1st? I can answer my own question easy enough. Don't know why I asked it here. He had a NY-bred coming out of NY MSW on the turf. The horse had lost in a MCl at Tampa I think. If he ran 3rd with that horse in the 1st, he did a lot better than I thought he would.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2018, 10:42 AM   #14
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
Did he finish 3rd in the 1st? I can answer my own question easy enough. Don't know why I asked it here. He had a NY-bred coming out of NY MSW on the turf. The horse had lost in a MCl at Tampa I think. If he ran 3rd with that horse in the 1st, he did a lot better than I thought he would.
Yes, 3rd in yesterday's first with a NY Bred. Bejerano on.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:18 PM   #15
GMB@BP

Re: Falcone: I had his horse today, had a few positives for me..not to be a redboard.

I always thought him to be a competent trainer.

My general feeling is most guys are good enough to get you a win when the horse is placed correctly and fits the race, very few autotosses for me.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: