Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-30-2016, 01:57 PM   #1
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Bonehead Rides

PA, I know you're against threads on attacking jockeys. Not my intent. I wish we had a thread to vent about unlucky/stupid/poor rides, so I started this one. Not looking to get personal. Just point out such rides. Maybe so we can follow horses back next time out.

Not a horse I want to follow back BUT what the heck was Karmouche doing on the chalk in the 2nd race today at the SPA? How can you be on the lead, put away your main pace pressure (the 6) AND then NOT move over to the rail at the 1/4 to cut off your only other challenger????

In 1980, if you lead the whole way and left the rail open, you were ostricized.

Today, no one even blinks when it happens.

Maybe he thought the rail was still dead? I would've still cut over to the rail at the 1/4.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Race 4 at the SPA. Lone speed gets the lead, I have no problem with him staying in the 2 path till the 1/4 BUT DEJA VU !!!!

Leaves rail open for only challenger in the lane, gets beat up the rail.

Not complaining as I had 28 in picks and the 8 was a bit bigger but why would you get on a plane, travel 3000 miles, ride the lone speed and make zero attempt to be aware of who's coming behind you into the lane?

Maybe if these guys read PA, listened to Trips n Traps they would be just a bit better in their professions?

Rail has certainly looked a whole lot better today. You would think after race 2, David Flores would know that....

Wait a minute, I'm asking too much
Old 07-30-2016, 03:03 PM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Race 4 at the SPA. Lone speed gets the lead, I have no problem with him staying in the 2 path till the 1/4 BUT DEJA VU !!!!

Not complaining as I had 28 in picks and the 8 was a bit bigger but why would you get on a plane, travel 3000 miles, ride the lone speed and make zero attempt to be aware of who's coming behind you into the lane?

Maybe if these guys read PA, listened to Trips n Traps they would be just a bit better in their professions?

Rail has certainly looked a whole lot better today. You would think after race 2, David Flores would know that....

David Flores was a huge red flag for this horse for me. That said, think it didn't matter in the end. That horse won easy enough he could have waited and went around and still won.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% with you on the rail thing. I HATE when my horse gives up the rail. I think all jockeys should play the original Gallop Racer and practice blocking horses.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 03:10 PM   #4
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
David Flores was a huge red flag for this horse for me. That said, think it didn't matter in the end. That horse won easy enough he could have waited and went around and still won.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% with you on the rail thing. I HATE when my horse gives up the rail. I think all jockeys should play the original Gallop Racer and practice blocking horses.
I was happy he did that, the 8 was a bigger price. In this case it benefitted me.

But , you're right! Gallop racer would be a good mental excercise for these guys.

I can't wait for the next genius to avoid, what is obviously a good rail today

I am confident, neither Karmouche or Flores have any clue that the rail is good. These guys just don't pay attention as they should.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:11 PM   #5
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
ride the lone speed and make zero attempt to be aware of who's coming behind you into the lane?
In my 31 years of betting I have been aware of well over 1,500 times bettors have complained about jockeys on the lead looking behind them in the stretch. "What are you looking back for, the race is in front of you." My reply was always, "No, actually, the race is behind them."

It is by far the the most common complaint I've heard about jockeys rides.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 04:35 PM   #6
johnhannibalsmith

Boy is Castellano lucky he got out and up.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 04:40 PM   #7
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Boy is Castellano lucky he got out and up.
Irad and Jose were 1 and 1A there trying to screw the chalk. Can't blame them at all. Solid try but Flintshire was AWESOME !
Old 07-30-2016, 04:41 PM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Irad and Jose were 1 and 1A there trying to screw the chalk. Can't blame them at all. Solid try but Flintshire was AWESOME !
I said as the hit the wire the first time they were trying to do the old Malachi crunch on him. I had a feeling that was going to happen, but he is too good to make it matter.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:47 PM   #9
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I really want to know what Javier said to Jose inside the 1/16 pole (if anything).
Old 07-30-2016, 04:47 PM   #10
johnhannibalsmith

Best part was watching it live coming out of the turn I thought he was going to try to split between the one and the two Ortiz instead of getting all the way out just so he could be absolutely certain he could **** with them through the lane.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 04:49 PM   #11
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I really want to know what Javier said to Jose inside the 1/16 pole (if anything).
"F$#! you and your partners."
Old 07-30-2016, 04:51 PM   #12
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
"F$#! you and your partners."
And I'm sure it must've felt good saying it. Javier looked back 3 times, he kept turning back and turning back, even after the wire.

He must've felt the sting of betrayal there.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:15 PM   #13
Run Nicholas Run
Veteran

metv just ran those episodes this past week of happy days with
the malachi's and pinky tuscadero.

maybe javier told jose he is such a potsie!!
Run Nicholas Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 06:33 PM   #14
SuperPickle

Quote:

EMD, I don't get this post. Are you saying if Flores shuts off the rail he wins? Or are you saying you just hate when jockeys leave the rail open?

Because the was just second best. The was hands down the best horse in the race. Rosario just hand rode him he literally never whipped him and he swept the whole field. He also hand to steady briefly when the pulled up. He was probably 3-5 lengths the best. The maybe wins the race at 6 furlongs but at 6 and a half he's lucky to get second.

I'm honestly not trolling. I'm trying to flush out your compliant.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 06:34 PM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
EMD, I don't get this post. Are you saying if Flores shuts off the rail he wins? Or are you saying you just hate when jockeys leave the rail open?

Because the was just second best. The was hands down the best horse in the race. Rosario just hand rode him he literally never whipped him and he swept the whole field. He also hand to steady briefly when the pulled up. He was probably 3-5 lengths the best. The maybe wins the race at 6 furlongs but at 6 and a half he's lucky to get second.

I'm honestly not trolling. I'm trying to flush out your compliant.
You could have just quoted my post!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: