Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 05:32 PM   #7981
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Very true.

When debating religion...Boxcar brings a butter-knife to a sword fight.

I like that...."Butter-knife Boxcar".....Has a nice ring to it, eh?...
Old 08-21-2018, 05:32 PM   #7982
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Skeptics are great for keeping those who practice Apologetics sharp....Boxcar is a dull knife, it's his own fault not the skeptic's fault ever.
He also promised he had posts proving the "Law of universal Distrust"

He has yet to deliver. My recollection as usual he proved bupkis**

yiddish....
**Often translated as meaning small round fecal pellets, referring to the shape of goat droppings. A colorful usage, though a more emphatic expression (in Yiddish more so than in English) is "bupkis mit kaduchas" (באָבקעס מיט קדחת‎ (bobkes mit kadokhes)), translating roughly to "shivering shit balls".
Old 08-21-2018, 05:37 PM   #7983
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

yiddish....
**Often translated as meaning small round fecal pellets, referring to the shape of goat droppings. A colorful usage, though a more emphatic expression (in Yiddish more so than in English) is "bupkis mit kaduchas" (באָבקעס מיט קדחת‎ (bobkes mit kadokhes)), translating roughly to "shivering shit balls".

Thanks for the vivid translation as you've ruined tomorrow night's corned beef on rye and matzo ball soup....
Old 08-21-2018, 06:14 PM   #7984
hcap

Quote:
Thanks for the vivid translation as you've ruined tomorrow night's corned beef on rye and matzo ball soup....
When I was kid, my grandmother used bupkis all the time.

I guess my bubba nailed boxcar.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:03 PM   #7985
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
What has this so-called "universal principle of distrust" have to do with religion? It's a secular concept like the "law of supply and demand" in economics. It in no way proves that any deity exists.
The law affirms biblical theology. Kool, huh?
Old 08-21-2018, 07:07 PM   #7986
boxcar

Quote:
Let me expand on my prior answer to you, Boxcar:

When we look into our own past...don't we see the same "sins" that we criticize the others for? How many times have we ourselves betrayed the trust that others have bestowed upon us? Does that mean that we consider OURSELVES to be "untrustworthy"?

No matter what unsavory qualities I see in a person, all I have to do is look into myself and my own actions...and, more often than not, I will see the same unsavory qualities within me. At one time or another in my life, I have been untrustworthy, dishonest, vain, petty...and a lot more. But these unsavory qualities fail to fully define me; they are just obstacles which I fight to overcome...as I try to improve my character as much as I can, day to day. And, if you ask me if I consider myself to be "trustworthy" right now...then I would answer you in the affirmative. Since I feel this way about me...shouldn't I extend the same courtesy to YOU? Why should I consider you "untrustworthy"...when I am willing to trust someone who is as faulty as I have been?
Good, when are you going to post your login details to your online financial institutions?

Also...since you ARE still faulty, you may want to rethink just how trustworthy you are.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:10 PM   #7987
boxcar

Quote:
D you consider skeptics more untrustworthy than biblical believers?
I consider anyone I don't know to have the potential to be untrustworthy in some way, shape or form. Just like the rest of the world does. This doesn't mean that I look for the "good" in people, but I also know what the bible says about the heart of man.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:12 PM   #7988
boxcar

Quote:
Skeptics are great for keeping those who practice Apologetics sharp....Boxcar is a dull knife, it's his own fault not the skeptic's fault ever.
I don't use any knives. I use something far more sharper (Heb 4:12).

Are you still working on why God has chosen to not save the entire human race?
Old 08-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #7989
boxcar

Quote:
If being a "believer" means becoming as humble as you...then I want no part of it.
I'm a work in progress. That's what the sanctification part of soteriology is all about -- it's on going process.

But please...don't flatter yourself by implicitly comparing yourself to the "adulterous woman". I'd say your judgment isn't very trustworthy -- downright impaired.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #7990
boxcar

Quote:

yiddish....
There you go fibbing again. I haven't promised anything. I simply said I have written several posts in the past. Try to keep it half way honest, will ya?

But thanks for giving affirmation the Law of Distrust. It is noted in this corner and appreciated.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:21 PM   #7991
boxcar

Quote:
I like that...."Butter-knife Boxcar".....Has a nice ring to it, eh?...
Dear "Brother" RR: Do you know that friendship with the world is tantamount to adultery and is hostility toward God (Jas 4:4)?

I'm just sayin'....
Old 08-21-2018, 07:40 PM   #7992
boxcar

By the way, for you selectively memory-impaired skeptics out there, I first made mention of the Law of Distrust on the original Religious thread back on 11/7/11. Okay? That's nearly 7 years ago. So, yes, I wrote quite a bit on it and gave more than a few everyday examples in several posts of how this law operates every single day in our lives -- well...unless some of you guys are hermits or moles and never get to see the light of day.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:49 PM   #7993
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The law affirms biblical theology.
What law?
Old 08-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #7994
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Dear "Brother" RR: Do you know that friendship with the world is tantamount to adultery and is hostility toward God (Jas 4:4)?

I'm just sayin'....

Don't you love Jesus, Boxcar?....If you did, you'd try to be more like him, as he conversed with those who are questioning, "What is truth"? Quit beating them over the head with your interpretation of the Bible, be more kind, quit taking yourself so damn seriously, it turns people off to any message you have to offer.

Put your big-boy pants on and take your criticisms and jabs like a man.

I'm just sayin'....
Old 08-21-2018, 10:27 PM   #7995
thaskalos

Quote:

I'm just sayin'....
Oh...I get it. "Friendship with the world is hostility toward God"...but we should "love our enemies". GOT IT!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: