Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-20-2015, 12:35 AM   #16
Leap

is there a site online that shows who has won which tourneys online or live this year during the tour? thanks.
Leap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2015, 12:36 AM   #17
Leap

also what site was he betting online with? can you win the pick 6 off a bookie or does it have to be at a track? new to this online stuff just trying to figure it out. I assume all the money bet online is 100x more than what is at the track which doesn't sway the odds, right? Only the money bet at the track changes that?
Old 08-20-2015, 12:41 AM   #18
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSTINTHEFOG
no doubt he is good. i said that in my post.
but when you put $500 into a p5, use A-C's, miss a 6/1 clear winner, and still cash a 20k p5, thanks to a DQ where the 3rd place finisher (not fouled, and the longest odds of the top 3 finishers) becomes the winner, I dont know how you can call that anything but lucky.
there is nothing to be ashamed about in getting lucky, but dont tell me about preparation or ticket maker.

I've been betting horses seriously since 1999 and i'm still waiting for my big score thanks to a DQ.
You newcomers are so impatient. Wait for a few more years...it's coming.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:18 AM   #19
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leap
also what site was he betting online with? can you win the pick 6 off a bookie or does it have to be at a track? new to this online stuff just trying to figure it out. I assume all the money bet online is 100x more than what is at the track which doesn't sway the odds, right? Only the money bet at the track changes that?
Leap I hope all those bets you were posting the past couple days, at least one @ $50 a pop, was all just internet fun right? It's certainly your business my friend, but just going by your questions, you are far too naive to wager any serious money. I'll go back to minding my own business now. Good luck.
-NCG
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2015, 03:56 AM   #20
Leap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Leap I hope all those bets you were posting the past couple days, at least one @ $50 a pop, was all just internet fun right? It's certainly your business my friend, but just going by your questions, you are far too naive to wager any serious money. I'll go back to minding my own business now. Good luck.
-NCG
Yes all in good fun. Have been watching the races for 4 years and decided to put some money down. Most of the time just small $1-2 wagers.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:57 AM   #21
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabred
thanks cj

i couldn't find that one

mabred
Just search his name, it comes up
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2015, 10:29 AM   #22
GatetoWire

Jonathan may have been lucky at Arlington but you don't win that many contests and have that kind of success based on luck.
The guy is also in the top 20 right now out of 357 in the annual Huddie Saratoga contest in which you make 8 picks per weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun) at Saratoga only.

That kind of success I'm sure has some luck but a huge amount of skill.
GatetoWire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2015, 11:01 AM   #23
NTamm1215

Quote:
but when you put $500 into a p5, use A-C's, miss a 6/1 clear winner, and still cash a 20k p5, thanks to a DQ where the 3rd place finisher (not fouled, and the longest odds of the top 3 finishers) becomes the winner, I dont know how you can call that anything but lucky.
there is nothing to be ashamed about in getting lucky, but dont tell me about preparation or ticket maker.

I've been betting horses seriously since 1999 and i'm still waiting for my big score thanks to a DQ.
But his greatest accomplishment of yet may be getting someone who joined this site 5 years ago to finally post! Twice!
NTamm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2015, 12:01 PM   #24
Robert Fischer
clean money

Not sure if anyone already critical or curious, will listen to me for whatever reason, but he is indeed a very good player.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:23 PM   #25
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
Not sure if anyone already critical or curious, will listen to me for whatever reason, but he is indeed a very good player.
Preaching to the choir, RF. The guy is surely light years the better horseplayer than most of us ever dreamed of.
His debating skills on events current and past are probably lacking, though...so board members can still hold their heads high.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2015, 03:17 PM   #26
Leap

Where do you find out who has won which tourney this year on the circuit?
Old 08-20-2015, 05:15 PM   #27
thearmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leap
Where do you find out who has won which tourney this year on the circuit?
http://www.ntra.com/NHC/files/NHC%20...B%20081015.pdf
thearmada is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2015, 05:41 PM   #28
thearmada

Quote:

I am also a friend of Jonathon and I can speak from experience that the bet structure from Saturday is very atypical for him.

He was playing a $588 in pick 5's to win a live money contest. I was shocked to see him use C's. He was making this bet to to get a 3000 point lead in the NHC Tour, worth $75000 when he wins. Winning the $20k from the pick 5 was the bonus here.

With the HAW tournaments, a score of 10-15x is needed in order to win the contest. He played these tickets and structured them in a way to get the ticket well above the $3000-$4500 win target. The DQ did help him on the day, but that does not take away from the other legs:

-Having the 14-1 winner and 7-1 place horse both as A's in leg 1 ($267 $2 exacta)
-Having the exacta in the St. Leger with his 2 A horses and the tri with his 1 B horse in the race ($61 $2 exacta and $81 $1 trifecta)
-The most dominating winner on the card as his only A in the Secretariat
-Having the BA exacta in the Million ($60 for $2)

He is a one of the best handicappers and best contest player I know. It is scary considering how good he has got at contest play in such a short time.
thearmada is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2015, 09:44 PM   #29
Si2see

Funny story I beat Kinchen on Oaks Day in a pick and pray small money tourney online. I couldn't believe I won with such a low contest total but $1250 is $1250 doesn't matter to me, just felt good beating the best contest player in the country ( I have been playing contests almost the exact amount of time he has )

The funny part of the story is I am driving to work Monday morning after having a decent derby weekend only to hear Steve Byk telling the whole country how Kinchen made 150k on derby day !!!! I would've let him have the $1250 online win in exchange for a 150k day at the races

In all seriousness he is a hell of a contest player, I feel like I can beat ANY player on ANY given day if it's my day , but I think he can beat ANY player on ANY given day on a mediocre day

Jason
Si2see is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2015, 10:58 AM   #30
Kash$
Veteran

Just won this past weekend at Gulfstream remarkable run!!
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply