Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 07-28-2015, 10:10 AM   #1
tucker6

Stephen A Smith reporting that Tom Brady

four game suspension will be upheld by Goodell. Let the fireworks begin. Should be a fun show.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
Stillriledup
Veteran

#TBsCareer*
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2015, 05:44 PM   #3
tucker6

Destroyed his cell phone on or about the day he was to meet with investigators!! Really Tom??
Old 07-28-2015, 05:46 PM   #4
tucker6

NFL follows up the decision with an immediate lawsuit in Manhattan asking the federal court to affirm their decision. By doing this, they prevent Brady from going to an unfriendly (from NFL POV) court.

NFL sounds serious here and on their game. It also points to them thinking that they have a strong case.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:49 PM   #5
tucker6

NFLPA also refused to produce the two employees for the June 23rd hearing. LOL. How bad can you make appearances look by doing all these things.

"Mr Judge, I did nothing wrong in spite of what was said in the text messages, my obstruction of the investigation, the destroyed cell phone, and my refusal to produce the guys who will exonerate me" - Tom Shady
Old 07-28-2015, 05:52 PM   #6
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
NFLPA also refused to produce the two employees for the June 23rd hearing. LOL. How bad can you make appearances look by doing all these things.

"Mr Judge, I did nothing wrong in spite of what was said in the text messages, my obstruction of the investigation, the destroyed cell phone, and my refusal to produce the guys who will exonerate me" - Tom Shady
Don't forget the truly funny part, tucker---Tom said they called some heavyset equipment guy "deflate" because he needed to lose weight!
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2015, 08:10 PM   #7
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Don't forget the truly funny part, tucker---Tom said they called some heavyset equipment guy "deflate" because he needed to lose weight!
The killer is not having his "co-conspirators" appear at the hearing to walk in lockstep with him on their stories. If everything Brady says is legit, then the two equipment guys would be supporting his story hook, line, and sinker.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:11 PM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

So you're being wrongly accused and your phone could prove you knew nothing so you ......you do what?
Old 07-29-2015, 11:45 PM   #9
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
Destroyed his cell phone on or about the day he was to meet with investigators!! Really Tom??
I don't know if it is true or not, but Brady says that the NFL already had all of the messages in question from the records of the people who sent or received the messages.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:19 AM   #10
Dark Horse

What goes around comes around.

The sentence that apparently set it all off: "Maybe those guys gotta study the rule book and figure it out"...:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la...29-column.html

I can't wait for the new and adjusted Patriot fumble figure.

Last edited by Dark Horse; 07-30-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #11
mountainman

That phone certainly had something on it that Brady couldn't afford to reveal. And he had to know what the repercussions of destroying it might be.

So far,commentators have given an appropriately wide berth to the elephant in the room: This guy can't be texting sinister ball boys 80x a day. Or golf buddies, or his car mechanic......etc..etc

Last edited by mountainman; 07-30-2015 at 10:06 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2015, 10:41 PM   #12
Valuist

I hate the Patriots as much as anyone, but Goeddell (sp/) dropped the ball here. No way it should be more than 2 games. Most suspended players are black, so the league gets a chance to stick it to a white player to show they aren't "racist". You have players committing acts of violence in society and they get the same suspension as a guy who, at best, probably had some knowledge of the deflated footballs. The commish is an asshole and needs to be put in his place.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2015, 12:22 AM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
I hate the Patriots as much as anyone, but Goeddell (sp/) dropped the ball here. No way it should be more than 2 games. Most suspended players are black, so the league gets a chance to stick it to a white player to show they aren't "racist". You have players committing acts of violence in society and they get the same suspension as a guy who, at best, probably had some knowledge of the deflated footballs. The commish is an asshole and needs to be put in his place.
The length of suspensions lets you know how important integrity is to them. News flash: not important.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:30 AM   #14
Dark Horse

Quote:

Four games is very light, imo.

If the league had any guts they'd have suspended him for the Superbowl. Or, at the very least, taken away the last Superbowl. Lance Armstrong-style.

Anyway, Brady seems too blinded by pride to realize he's only digging a bigger hole for himself with his actions since. If given a choice between Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte, don't take the Clemens route.

Last edited by Dark Horse; 07-31-2015 at 04:31 AM.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2015, 12:35 PM   #15
proximity

Quote:
I hate the Patriots as much as anyone, .
don't bet on it....
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply