Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 02-28-2015, 03:17 PM   #1
TheOracle

J T Ryerson's Maidens are 9 of ther last 12 in the money@AQU!!

J T Ryerson's Maidens have hit the board in 9 of their last 12 attempts at Aqueduct since December 5th 2014.

His Maidens have hit the board in 6 of their last 6 attempts!!

Let's see if he can keep the streak going with #2 Wild Ham in the 9th race today!!

Let's see what happens !!
TheOracle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
TheOracle

Well J T Ryerson kept the streak alive yesterday as #2 Wild Ham barely hit the board in the 9th race but it was a decent payout at $4.50 to show.

The show parlay is up to $67.90 even though he only has 2 wins during the streak!!

Let's see if he can keep it going today with #2 Fictionalcharacter in the 9th race.

His horse is already listed at 5/2 in the Morning Line and will probably get bet down.

Let's see what happens!!
Old 03-01-2015, 11:18 PM   #3
TheOracle

J T Ryerson's Maidens now 8 for their last 8 hitting the board at Aqueduct.

The show parlay is now up to 111.45

Let's see if he can keep the streak going next week!!!
Old 03-01-2015, 11:40 PM   #4
lamboguy

just a couple of comments on this one, Ryerson has always been a real good trainer that knows how to develop younger horses. these days when you see young horses that win from one particular barn you can expect other horses to come along and run good as well. since they are all training with each other, they all get better with together.

last year there was a stretch of 2 weeks in New Mexico where trainer Todd Fincher kept winning baby race after baby race. he must have won 15 of them in the 2 week span. the same thing used to happen with Wesley Ward when his 2 year olds were winning in Keeneland and all over the place. before Wesley was winning there Steve Asmussen did some winning by his own right there. switching over to the big leagues, there have been plenty of times when Todd Pletcher and Bob Baffert string 5 or 6 in row in the better maiden races. i have also seen guys like James Divito string together wins with first time starters in Chicago. Ed Pleasa and Bill White used to do it at Calder when they had a bigger 2 year old program. Kelly Breen was hot for a few summers at Monmouth as well. Linda Rice was winning a alot with her father's horses that he sent up as well in New York.

the first 2 year old race this year will be on March 21'st at Sunland going 4 1/2 furlongs. there will be about 6 races each day for their trial's. it will be interesting to see if Todd Fincher puts on another clinic there this year as well. he probably will, because what i saw of him last year, his horses were all schooled quite well and they were dead fit to go that distance.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2015, 07:08 PM   #5
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
just a couple of comments on this one, Ryerson has always been a real good trainer that knows how to develop younger horses. these days when you see young horses that win from one particular barn you can expect other horses to come along and run good as well. since they are all training with each other, they all get better with together.

last year there was a stretch of 2 weeks in New Mexico where trainer Todd Fincher kept winning baby race after baby race. he must have won 15 of them in the 2 week span. the same thing used to happen with Wesley Ward when his 2 year olds were winning in Keeneland and all over the place. before Wesley was winning there Steve Asmussen did some winning by his own right there. switching over to the big leagues, there have been plenty of times when Todd Pletcher and Bob Baffert string 5 or 6 in row in the better maiden races. i have also seen guys like James Divito string together wins with first time starters in Chicago. Ed Pleasa and Bill White used to do it at Calder when they had a bigger 2 year old program. Kelly Breen was hot for a few summers at Monmouth as well. Linda Rice was winning a alot with her father's horses that he sent up as well in New York.

the first 2 year old race this year will be on March 21'st at Sunland going 4 1/2 furlongs. there will be about 6 races each day for their trial's. it will be interesting to see if Todd Fincher puts on another clinic there this year as well. he probably will, because what i saw of him last year, his horses were all schooled quite well and they were dead fit to go that distance.
Hey Lambo,

That's quite interesting usually the 2 year old races are so hard to figure out I will take a look at the Sunland races coming up this year.

I like looking at any trainer angles I can find no matter the track!!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #6
TheOracle

J T Ryerson has another Maiden this Friday in the 5th race:
Beyond the Green

Let's see what happens!!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #7
lamboguy

the point that i was trying to make is that when a trainer wins maiden races they are usually clumped together. you can't wait to see the trainer win 5 in a row, he might not have any more to send out!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2015, 11:19 PM   #8
TheOracle

Since this post J T Ryerson's Maidens have now hit the board in 11 of their last 11 attempts at Aqueduct.

Interesting to note that during the streak despite the fact that the average show price is $3.40 you are only getting a 15% return on your money if you played his horses to win, place and show for $2.

The real money is in the show parlay which is now up to $384.45. For those much more conservative you are getting a 70% return by just wagering $2 to show in this situation the total cost so far has been $22 and you got $15.40 for your effort not too shabby for show wagering!!

He has Camille's Storm in a Maiden race on Sunday at the Big A let's see if he can extend the streak to 12 in a row hitting the board !!!
Old 04-01-2015, 11:41 PM   #9
TheOracle

J T Ryerson's Maidens continue to hit the board no matter the type of Dirt track whether it is the Inner Dirt or the Main Dirt track at Aqueduct it just doesn't seem to matter.

He once again gets the money throw man!!

Mr. Consistency struck again today and his Maidens have now hit the board in 13 consecutive races since January 17th 2015.

I didn't think he would be able to replicate the same success he had on the Inner Dirt but so far he is doing just that.

I will be keeping an eye on him for the rest of the season on the Main Dirt track at Aqueduct!!!

I will provide the show parlay soon !!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: