Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:01 PM   #7261
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32
I cannot fathom how the right wing can continually overlook the utterly embarrassing contretemps of Donald Trump.
That is not happening. Don't equate the right wing and the GOP. Trump has an enthusiastic base of support which is at best a majority of a minority party.

Most of the politicians in the GOP are just that, politicians, and trying to make the best of a bad situation. Coming out against Trump is counterproductive to the party. They are biting the bullet and doing what they can to salvage the downballot offices and hoping to keep the party functional.

True conservatives are left without true choices. They can vote for Trump as a vote against Hillary or vote 3rd party or sit it out. The latter 2 options are a message to the GOP, which will probably be ignored.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:03 PM   #7262
Rookies
Canadian since 51

" George Will, speaking on “Fox News Sunday,” said he started doubting the party after Trump became the presumptive nominee and had a summit meeting where House Speaker Paul Ryan “stressed their common principles and said their vast shared ground was much more important than their differences.

“That was puzzling doubly so because Paul Ryan still didn’t endorse him,” Will said. “After Trump went after the Mexican judge from northern Indiana, then Paul Ryan endorsed him and I decided that, in fact, that this is not my party anymore. I changed my registration to unaffiliated 23 days ago.”

Trump tweeted his reaction: , “George Will, one of the most overrated political pundits (who lost his way long ago), has left the Republican Party. He’s made many bad calls.”

Will responded, “He (Trump) has an advantage on me because he can say everything he knows about any subject in 140 characters and I can’t.”

Will has been a persistent critic of Trump and recently wrote a column urging Republican donors to “save their party by not aiding its nominee.”

Drumpf- the suicide, buffoon bomber of the Republican Party! You can't make up, how many people (& countries) he can alienate!
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2016, 09:06 PM   #7263
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Trump is still in the game,
and he's in the game until he's defeated in Nov.

The whole deal comes down to 8-12 states.
You are underestimating the collective wisdom of the general electorate.

I know I'm risking Mike coming on here again to tell me I'm wrong but I've never been more sure about the result of a November election in June.

I'm not clear at all about what extrinsic event drives voters to Trump. If Orlando didn't bend the curve it's hard to imagine one that does.

I seriously doubt there's any opportunity he can't find a way to waste.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2016, 09:26 PM   #7264
johnhannibalsmith

George Will. Amazing how blowhards that can barely get the attention of those that they pander to suddenly because a standard bearer for the same people that spent the last 200 years ripping him. If George Will is leaving the Republican party then he's decided that's what will give him the most material to write more redundant crap and pontificate in his minnie mouse voice on FOX.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2016, 09:44 PM   #7265
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies

Drumpf- the suicide, buffoon bomber of the Republican Party! You can't make up, how many people (& countries) he can alienate!
Trump is not a Republican, not even the Democrat-Lite version of Republican that the GOP has been moving toward for years. Trump is a big government guy who found the field of big government guys in the Democratic Party too crowded.

But he is a useful tool for you to distract from the buffoon leaders of your own peoples democratic republic as they slide into the fast lane on the road to serfdom.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:57 PM   #7266
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
It's sad Hillary Clinton will win.

Four more years of pandering to the radical left.

The Democratic party isn't the same as it was under Bill Clinton.

If you're not agreeing with them, you must a racist, xenophobic, sexist or other mentally deranged type person.

When the left doesn't get what they want, they shame those who worked against them, as if conservatism equals evil.
`

But, Trump's views indicates he is "a racist, xenophobic, sexist or other mentally deranged type person". Maybe not clearly a mentally deranged person but, some of his rants comes very close.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2016, 10:24 PM   #7267
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
One of the parts which I don't follow in your post is why don't these people admit that they support Trump?
Many people lack backbone... and will avoid stress in the most convenient way.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:30 PM   #7268
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
George Will. Amazing how blowhards that can barely get the attention of those that they pander to suddenly because a standard bearer for the same people that spent the last 200 years ripping him. If George Will is leaving the Republican party then he's decided that's what will give him the most material to write more redundant crap and pontificate in his minnie mouse voice on FOX.
My cousin phoned me this morning. He heard Joe Piscopo on some show and when he was asked about George Will leaving the GOP, Piscopo said:

If you ask 100 people on the street about their reaction to all this, 95 will say: George Will? Who is he?

The other five people will say: George Will leaving the GOP? Good, who cares?
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #7269
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______
You are underestimating the collective wisdom of the general electorate.

I know I'm risking Mike coming on here again to tell me I'm wrong but I've never been more sure about the result of a November election in June.

I'm not clear at all about what extrinsic event drives voters to Trump. If Orlando didn't bend the curve it's hard to imagine one that does.

I seriously doubt there's any opportunity he can't find a way to waste.
The collective lack of wisdom and common sense by the know-it-alls, elites, and wannabes remain the single most logical argument for any person supporting Donald Trump.

The out of touch cognoscenti left simply refuse to accept the reasons why Donald Trump is a mortal lock to win the presidency. They ignore the issues, define Trump and his supporters as stupid, racist, sexist, and the like. And they totally lie and misrepresent polls, speeches and assorted facts.

The election year of 2016 will be noted for many things starting with the return of the American citizen to its rightful place as a voter, consumer and patriot; The dismissing of all those institutions held close to the heart of the left wing America haters, such as mainstream media: the national daily newspapers, the main television networks; Any sort of respect for our left-wing controlled upper education system is over and done with; we know they are failures and phonies; And, of course, the despicable large Fortune 500 globalist companies that exploit cheap labor, produce cheap products, make illegal and immoral business deals with our nation's enemies and our own government to get a business edge -- usually at the detriment of both the US citizen worker and consumer. They will get theirs too.

The silly and naive say Trump's Orlando speech disqualifies him. These fools also say an Islamic terrorist did not kill all those citizens in Orlando, but guns did. Same with Fort Hood and San Bernadino. The left lies, lies, lies and deny, deny, deny -- all the time.

Many of the politicians and upper class geniuses call for open borders and unfettered illegal immigration. Of course they would because they usually do not live in middle class neighborhoods. They live in gated communities in expensive, mostly white towns. They don't send their kids and grand kids to public schools like most citizens have and do. They don't take the bus or subway to work either. They usually go by limosine for god's sake. And when they are in public, they are usually surrounded by some bald-headed, no-necked retired ex-detective or cop, who carries a gun, which the elites want to take away from all law-abiding citizens.

I generously suggested a short while back for all you snarks to get your insults and lies about Trump out there because from the day of the Corey Lewandowski firing was announced, that's when Trump went from being a cinch to a mortal lock to win in November.

Go ahead, defend, cheer for and vote for the despicable and corrupt Hillary!, who has 150 FBI agents investigating her for criminal activities. She also wants open borders, and unfettered Syrian migrants to invade America. She abandoned the heroes at Benghazi, even though she knew of the planned attack beforehand -- christ everyone knew and the other countries closed their Embassy's as a result. Clinton kept them there and 4 heroes were murdered. So, defend the indefensible all you'd wish.

But that doesn't matter to you liberals, do they? No, Trump is a crook to all you people but you don't think it is wrong to sell National resources to Russia for $100 million in donations.... or take millions from the Saudis while she says Trump is mean to women.

Snark all you'd like because no one takes you seriously. Conservatives and patriots are laughing at you.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2016, 02:07 PM   #7270
_______
Veteran

I'll credit you with the courage to come on here during a week when the eggs laid by Trump have begun hatching and maintaining a steadfast defense.

I'd suggest that rather than construct elaborate fantasies about "what is going to happen", you spend some time reflecting on what has already happened and what is happening right now.

Trump has NEVER been on a trajectory to the White House. It has ALWAYS been a path that falls short. I know that was difficult to imagine when he was sweeping aside challengers for the Republican nomination but the electoral math was difficult for any Republican and Trump has made sure it was impossible for himself.

He (and many of his supporters) are more interested in fighting with other conservatives than actually doing what is needed to win in November. The proper response to George Will? A regretful farewell and hope he would reconsider. Or, at worst, silence.

But no. That isn't possible for a thin skinned narcissist. It has to be destructive mocking which only serves to prove Will's point and drive the wedge further in his own party.

You will have your day in the sun in about a month. Even Trump probably can't screw up the convention bounce. So, I'll invite you to joyously celebrate the narrowing of the gap afterwards.

But I would take even money on under if someone offered me Romney's electoral vote total. Not that anyone with an ounce of sense would offer such a thing.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #7271
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
.... The proper response to George Will? A regretful farewell and hope he would reconsider. Or, at worst, silence.

But no. That isn't possible for a thin skinned narcissist. It has to be destructive mocking which only serves to prove Will's point and drive the wedge further in his own party.
Far be it from me to come to Trump's rescue, but it is Will that has to make a big show of how he can't come to grips with the candidate and actually leave the party. Will makes as good a point as anyone why people have sided with Trump. He and his holier-than-thou deciders never seemed to care when they were feeding us a steady diet of crap candidates that are molded from his approved template. But now that the people settled on one that he can't control and didn't help mold, he needs to play chicken little and leave the party? Give me a break. I realize that one is a lousy pundit and one is a lousy candidate for President, but if George Will's point is that Trump is dividing the party then he is delusional at best when his reaction to this horrible division of the party is to.... leave the party and make sure that everyone knows it.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:32 PM   #7272
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So where is Will going?
Democrats?
Nazis?
Commies?
Greenies?
Moonies?
Old 06-27-2016, 02:39 PM   #7273
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Far be it from me to come to Trump's rescue, but it is Will that has to make a big show of how he can't come to grips with the candidate and actually leave the party. Will makes as good a point as anyone why people have sided with Trump. He and his holier-than-thou deciders never seemed to care when they were feeding us a steady diet of crap candidates that are molded from his approved template. But now that the people settled on one that he can't control and didn't help mold, he needs to play chicken little and leave the party? Give me a break. I realize that one is a lousy pundit and one is a lousy candidate for President, but if George Will's point is that Trump is dividing the party then he is delusional at best when his reaction to this horrible division of the party is to.... leave the party and make sure that everyone knows it.
Who had more to lose?

That is the question that Trump, as a candidate, seems incapable of asking himself.

He can vent all he wants in private about how inconsequential Will has become in a modern context. But doing so publically only hurts Trump.

He seems incapable of acting in his own interests if it involves a perceived slight.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:42 PM   #7274
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
So where is Will going?
Probably to figure out if typing or saying 'Trump' as many times as possible as often as possible will work as well as doing the same with 'Obama' has for him most of the last decade. He's just another variation of what works for Trump - getting attention from his peeps by ripping a big obvious target relentlessly.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:45 PM   #7275
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:

He seems incapable of acting in his own interests if it involves a perceived slight.
Again, I hate to come to Trump's defense on any of this but I don't really think that he's on the wrong train, just the wrong track. He should have dismissed him as a loser like usual, but qualified it with commentary that points out the laughable hypocrisy of a guy leaving the party with great pomp because he's just so upset about a divided party.