Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #91
joecam

That is horrendous. Look at the horse's eyes...he's terrified. I hope that jockey is never allowed to race again. He needs an electric prod used on him. Piece of filth animal abuser. NONE of the people involved should be allowed to EVER participate in horse racing again..
Old 02-08-2015, 10:48 AM   #92
joecam

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
I vote for 'bunga bunga'
Three guys are captured by a tribe of natives in a far off land. They are brought before the tribal leader who gives them a choice. He says, "what will you have, death or bunga?". The first guys thinks, hmmm wonder what bunga is. "I'll take the bunga". The tribal leader says, "good". Then a dozen tribal members line up and give it to him in the rear. The tribal leader turns to the second guy and gives him the choice, death, or bunga. The second guy thinks, hmm, that bunga thing is pretty nasty. But death is permanent, "I'll take the bunga". Tribal leader says, "good", and a hundred tribesmen line up and give him the bunga. The tribal leader gives the choice to the third captive. He thinks a while, hmm, first it was a dozen, then it was a hundred, I don't know man. Heck with it, "I'll take death". The tribal leader says, "good, death .... by bunga".
Old 02-10-2015, 02:13 PM   #93
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecam
That is horrendous. Look at the horse's eyes...he's terrified. I hope that jockey is never allowed to race again. He needs an electric prod used on him. Piece of filth animal abuser. NONE of the people involved should be allowed to EVER participate in horse racing again..
To be fair, plenty of horses look like that during a race...might have nothing to do with whether or not he's using a buzzer...

But it makes for some good anthropomorphic discussion.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2015, 02:34 PM   #94
Stillriledup
Veteran

It might also be a race at night and if it is, there is a huge spotlight near the finish line, that could be a factor in what the horse "thinks" he sees vs how he's feeling from a shock. Also, the horse is running full speed with a ton of adrenaline flowing, we don't even know if the horse feels that shock at that point, if there even was a shock at that point...its hard to just assume the horse has "wild eyes" because of it.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2015, 05:15 PM   #95
Stoleitbreezing

The corrupt and compromised hang around together it seems. Hard for me to believe he walks free when he's represented by someone with glaring character and image problems worse then him.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/pe...aring-delayed/
Stoleitbreezing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2015, 05:32 PM   #96
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
It might also be a race at night and if it is, there is a huge spotlight near the finish line, that could be a factor in what the horse "thinks" he sees vs how he's feeling from a shock. Also, the horse is running full speed with a ton of adrenaline flowing, we don't even know if the horse feels that shock at that point, if there even was a shock at that point...its hard to just assume the horse has "wild eyes" because of it.
it could be either way
maybe it's the way that same horse would look regardless

maybe it had something to do with the fact that we know the horse was conditioned to a stimuli that causes pain and/or a fight-or-flight response

Difficult to know for sure exactly what is behind his facial expression and eyes. It really matters little either way. Either way, -when most people look at the picture, they will associate the expression that looks traumatized with the cruel stimulus that we know happened to have also taken place. Even if we could some how know for sure that his frightened appearance was somehow unrelated, it would do little good.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 02-10-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2015, 05:42 PM   #97
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
it could be either way
maybe it's the way that same horse would look regardless

maybe it had something to do with the fact that we know the horse was conditioned to a stimuli that causes pain and/or a fight-or-flight response

Difficult to know for sure exactly what is behind his facial expression and eyes. It really matters little either way. Either way, -when most people look at the picture, they will associate the expression that looks traumatized with the cruel stimulus that we know happened to have also taken place. Even if we could some how know for sure that his frightened appearance was somehow unrelated, it would do little good.
No doubt, its hard for the experienced racewatcher to look at that pic and make a case for Chapa....so there's no way the layman would ever be able to look at the pic and not think the horse is being buzzed at that very moment.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #98
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoleitbreezing
The corrupt and compromised hang around together it seems. Hard for me to believe he walks free when he's represented by someone with glaring character and image problems worse then him.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/pe...aring-delayed/

You just have to realize, that former judge sees no wrong doing in his clients actions. And, probably doesn't understand why anyone is even upset.

After all, he was a judge. Was he elected or appointed?
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2015, 07:51 PM   #99
horses4courses

Breaking on twitter

Quote:
Ray Paulick ‏@raypaulick 47s48 seconds ago
Texas Racing Commission stewards suspend jockey Roman Chapa 5 years, fine him $25,000 - maximum permitted - for use of electrical device 1/2
Quote:
Ray Paulick ‏@raypaulick 27s28 seconds ago
2/2 Roman Chapa has until Thursday to appeal. Case referred to Texas Racing Commission exec director who has authority to up fine to $100K

Last edited by horses4courses; 03-02-2015 at 07:52 PM.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #100
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Funny how a guy gets 5 years for trying his hardest to win while guys who specifically drug horses to make them go slower get much less than 5 years.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #101
Stillriledup
Veteran

So, since "Zappa" is the only guy getting 5 years, he's certainly not the only guy using a "machine" i guess the ruling means its ok to use a buzzer as long as you don't accidentally show up on a photograph from the infield camera man (because we don't ever catch you otherwise)?
Old 04-02-2015, 04:58 PM   #102
Stoleitbreezing

Roman Zappa is now accused of the same violation in the same race with the same horse in 2014. Looks like they may be going through all his win photos to see if there is evidence of the buzzer. Looks like a lifetime ban is forthcoming soon.

Stoleitbreezing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2015, 05:05 PM   #103
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoleitbreezing
Roman Zappa is now accused of the same violation in the same race with the same horse in 2014. Looks like they may be going through all his win photos to see if there is evidence of the buzzer. Looks like a lifetime ban is forthcoming soon.

Its amazing to me that a guy who's trying to WIN, gets a lifetime ban (if it comes to that) but trainers who give "slow down drugs" or instruct their jocks to pull horses back, are given wrist slaps. Same happened w Pete Rose, he bet on his team to win, he tried hard to win and cash his bet, and got a lifetime ban.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:18 PM   #104
Appy

"Its amazing to me that a guy who's trying to WIN, gets a lifetime ban"

Cheating is not winning. If you get away with it and spend the winner's purse, you did not win it. You stole it. Big difference between a winner and a thief.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #105
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Its amazing to me that a guy who's trying to WIN, gets a lifetime ban (if it comes to that) but trainers who give "slow down drugs" or instruct their jocks to pull horses back, are given wrist slaps. Same happened w Pete Rose, he bet on his team to win, he tried hard to win and cash his bet, and got a lifetime ban.
You're amazing to me.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply