Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-17-2018, 02:31 PM   #31
storyline

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You're a little hard to take serious and I'm being kind. Not once do you give the reader any justification for your random opinions of any horses anywhere in the post.

I suspect after the race you'll boldly type - as a fan I was ecstatic at watching him draw away from the field .

Robert, please tell me you had a few "pops" before you posted
1. It is not his responsibility to justify anything to you or anyone else - they are HIS opinions and many of us here both enjoy reading them and look forward to them

2. Roberts NEVER redboards. If you took the time to read some his posts you would know that before you make an ass of yourself by suggesting it.

3. Good thing we are not at the track, or YOU would probably get a few "pops." [/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------

I read his post twice and all I could clearly decipher was he liked Zing Zang to finish on the bottom of a tri or super which is cool, everyone has an opinion which is fantastic.

Wagering is about solid opinions and when players find themselves with differing opinions about the same horse maybe that's a race to watch imho. That's kind of what my original post was about.

His reply to me I didn't get through to be honest but I don't mean any ill will towards Robert at all and look forward to future post from him.

FYI you're my favorite poster Tom and first pops are on me.
storyline is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2018, 03:27 PM   #32
Michael

First race I've capped in a very long time. Sadly I have nothing to write home about with regards to value.

It looks like a solid race to watch though. Pass for me. That said, I like the Pletcher horse... just not at 7/2.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #33
Robert Fischer
clean money

Exotic gimmick for the Rebel.

I looked at this race, and I can't come up with much value in a conventional way.

Solomini figures to get hammered, and he's my top pick. Combatant is my next choice, but that's hardly a recipe for a score.

My biggest concern about Combatant is that he'll be forced to race wide, and either drop back again as he had to in the Southwest, or have to work hard out of the gate on the run to the first turn.

Maybe the outside posts will be at a disadvantage in this race? Maybe or can use their inside draw and their tactical speed to sit a dream trip?

Solomini to win. I'll roll the dice that an inside post bias will help the decently priced Title Ready or the Curlin's Honor to fill out the superfecta.

TICKET 1
$0.10 SU
$0.10 SU
$0.10 SU 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10
$0.10 SU 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Wager Total $8.40

TICKET 2
$0.10 SU
$0.10 SU
Wager Total $8.40

TICKET 3
$0.10 SU
$0.10 SU
Wager Total $8.40
Old 03-17-2018, 03:46 PM   #34
jocko699
Resurrectionist

While I so respect Solomini a great deal I think this race sets up perfectly for Sporting Chance. I will put a bill to W/P on him.

GL
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2018, 06:08 PM   #35
bugboy

rebel

short n sweet

3-10-1-4
bugboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2018, 07:12 PM   #36
Tee

Time for Title Ready to show the ability to move on along the triple crown trail.

Be interesting to see what kind of trip Combatant can work out from the outside post position. Winning doesn't appear to be his thing, picking up the pieces could be something to key around.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:15 PM   #37
GMB@BP

sounds like if the 1 wins most of the board would be pretty happy, we can have a group hug if he loses
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2018, 07:15 PM   #38
Michael

It's 5 minutes to post. It maybe just me... everything's over bet... at these prices I'd rather bet the 2 horse then take odds on other horses that can't even beat the rake.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2018, 07:16 PM   #39
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

I like for a piece.
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #40
GMB@BP

Nice win there for the Magnum Moon, pace seemed legit and he won the race when it counted, out of the turn. I thought given Solomini was probably a tad short in this race he ran pretty dang well.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2018, 07:41 PM   #41
storyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline View Post
Difficult to disagree with anything in your post

The only thing against Title Ready in the Rebel is his running style, he'll likely be part of what should be a solid pace though I expect him run well.

If someone is looking to upset Solomini, Magnum Moon would appear as the most likely though there are a couple others in here who will will run new tops by lots imho
Magnum Moon wins convincingly @ 3-1
storyline is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2018, 07:47 PM   #42
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Combatant, best Beyer at the track, classic pattern of a layoff - two good race, both tops, then a regression. Ready for a new top. Ala Point Given.
All he needed was a rider.
The lead weights were more of a help.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:27 PM   #43
Robert Fischer
clean money

Nice race by the winner. Looks like we have another player in the 3yo division. Going to be a nice Arkansas Derby (is that next for Magnum Moon?)

Combatant ran well also. Horses like Combatant and High North seemed to opt to avoid attending the pace out of the gate for fear getting hung wide into the first turn.

Hard to believe Solomini ran 2nd from that poor visual performance. Baffert sure gets a lot out of his horses.

Sporting Chance ran OK. He was slightly wide.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:52 PM   #44
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugboy View Post
short n sweet

3-10-1-4
My rankings were very close to yours: 3-10-4-1. Went with the 10 in a WP tourney.

Only thing I won on that race was a "coffee bet" with my buddy...I bet him my 10 would beat his 1. And I even had to sweat that for a while!
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2018, 11:18 PM   #45
f2tornado

Equibase score for the winner is a 109. This compares to 107 for American Pharoah and highest since Will Take Charge snared a 111. The difference between this run and AP is AP got faster as the race went on while Moon got a little slower each split. Justify’s race was similar in getting slower each split. To me suggests neither a lock in the Ark.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: