Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-10-2019, 02:36 PM   #1
wisconsin

Why do you really oppose a wall?

Outside of the cost, which is pocket change in the grand scheme of things, tell us here why you oppose the wall. Let's agree right now that it's not about the money, because we all know that it isn't.

Stupid comments about your personal feelings of Trump don't count.

I'll await your answers that will change my mind.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:44 PM   #2
FantasticDan
gelding

This article does a nice job explaining why it's a "fantasy".

https://theweek.com/articles/816203/...y-ever-fantasy

And if we're gonna waste $5B on fantasy, I'd rather it be this one:

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 02:45 PM   #3
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
This article does a nice job explaining why it's a "fantasy".

https://theweek.com/articles/816203/...y-ever-fantasy

And if we're gonna waste $5B on fantasy, I'd rather it be this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AUXpnB065o
No Dan, in your own words. Why do YOU oppose the wall?
Old 01-10-2019, 02:56 PM   #4
lamboguy

i don't like the wall for 3 different reasons.

1. it won't stop drugs and bad people from getting though the borders, either north or south

2. a wall has 2 sides and i am deeply afraid that the democrats want this wall to lock us in. they already gave us Patriot Acts, National Defense Acts, and have forced us to get passports to get in and out of places that we never needed them before.

3. bullets will do a much better job of scaring people that might want to walk in. if they know that bullets await them, they might think twice before trying to enter.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Another member here told me not too long ago that he thought lamboguy's account had been hijacked, or at least was being used by more than one person.

I think this last post now confirms this without a doubt.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:03 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Lambo says......

i don't like the wall for 3 different reasons.

1. it won't stop drugs and bad people from getting though the borders, either north or south

Tell Israel that........you’re wrong.

2. a wall has 2 sides and i am deeply afraid that the democrats want this wall to lock us in. they already gave us Patriot Acts, National Defense Acts, and have forced us to get passports to get in and out of places that we never needed them before.

Hmmm........never thought of that

3. bullets will do a much better job of scaring people that might want to walk in. if they know that bullets await them, they might think twice before trying to enter.

This is my second choice. Land mines is first.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:16 PM   #7
elysiantraveller

The wall is an expensive project that doesn't address the key problems in our immigration system.

Its also worth noting the Great Wall of Trump along the Southern Border paid for by Mexico has now morphed into some fences and walls here or there...

Honestly even talking about what we're talking about being a "wall" at this point is stupid... its not. But its what the masses demand.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:27 PM   #8
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
The wall is an expensive project that doesn't address the key problems in our immigration system.

Its also worth noting the Great Wall of Trump along the Southern Border paid for by Mexico has now morphed into some fences and walls here or there...

Honestly even talking about what we're talking about being a "wall" at this point is stupid... its not. But its what the masses demand.

It's not about the "expense".

What are the key immigration problems? Don't prattle that they all want to come here the proper way, because clearly they all don't.

This is what IS being built as we type, and it sure looks consistently good:

Old 01-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #9
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post

What are the key immigration problems? Don't prattle that they all want to come here the proper way, because clearly they all don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbcwbA-Lalk
Spending money on more border security agents, drones, listening devices, fences and walls in population centers, more judges for processing immigration, facilities for processing asylum claims.

Also maybe addressing the VISA system.

E-verify.

etc. etc.

But that isn't what this is about because Trump has sold this as a great big wall along the southern border and his supporters are holding him to that. It was never realistic or attainable. Neither was Mexico EVER paying for it.

Trump got his money for the wall once and then moved the goalposts... now with a Democrat House he thinks he can flex... he can't.

The wall was a dumb sales pitch eaten up by a sizeable portion of Trump's base as fact... he has to try and honor that now and he can't.

Remember when the wall was going to stretch the whole southern border? I do.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:39 PM   #10
elysiantraveller

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbcwbA-Lalk
Point is he can't moderate his position or his rhetoric because his base won't allow him to... and every chance he has had to adjust his base's expectations... he either failed to do so or gone the opposite direction.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:42 PM   #11
wisconsin

Quote:
Spending money on more border security agents, drones, listening devices, fences and walls in population centers, more judges for processing immigration, facilities for processing asylum claims.

E-verify.

etc. etc.

But that isn't what this is about because Trump has sold this as a great big wall along the southern border and his supporters are holding him to that. It was never realistic or attainable. Neither was Mexico EVER paying for it.

Trump got his money for the wall once and then moved the goalposts... now with a Democrat House he thinks he can flex... he can't.

The wall was a dumb sales pitch eaten up by a sizeable portion of Trump's base as fact... he has to try and honor that now and he can't.

Remember when the wall was going to stretch the whole southern border? I do.

I started the thread with the intent posters keep there opinions of Trump out of it. Clearly, you could not.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #12
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I started the thread with the intent posters keep there opinions of Trump out of it. Clearly, you could not.
It has to be involved because he keeps redefining what "the wall" is...

I don't think anybody... anywhere... thinks a barrier in a place like Tijuana/San Diego is a bad idea.

Through random guy's property in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and California?

Yes its pretty stupid.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:04 PM   #13
zico20

Quote:

I take it you prefer Pelosi's spending bill that send billions more to the Middle East instead of protecting our borders. Now there is a colossal waste of money.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:12 PM   #14
Clocker

Quote:

E-verify.

etc. etc.
The majority of illegals in this country came in legally and over-stayed their visas. These are certainly more likely to take good jobs than those who walk in across the desert.

I would guess that if you tossed a few billion bucks at that problem, it would be more effective than building another hundred miles of wall on a 2000 mile border. And even if Trump gets anywhere near that $5 billion, that's all he is going to get from this Congress.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:15 PM   #15
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
I take it you prefer Pelosi's spending bill that send billions more to the Middle East instead of protecting our borders. Now there is a colossal waste of money.
How do you get that out of a statement that a wall is not the best use of the money to stop illegals?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: