Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-10-2019, 11:51 AM   #1
linrom1
Veteran

Why I Stopped Listening to Steve Byk!

I used to listen to his podcast on a regular basis. I do not listen any more because the guy is anti-American political hack; that is, he uses his show to advocate and advance political agenda that I believe is hurting Americans.

While the country is entering 4th week of government shutdown over illegal immigration and those seeking to gain illegal entry based on false claims of political amnesty, his show is playing advertisement from an agency that seeks donations for refugees that come here that do us harm.

I believe that US needs a review and honest assessment of its immigration and amnesty legislation that looks at impact on all Americans and not just those who want to profit from economics of mass labor migration.
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #2
098poi

Wow! Well I would suggest not listening then. A political hack? Advancing and agenda?

I don't listen as much as I used to just because of a different schedule but to me Steve is one of the good guys. No, one of the great guys! With the whole mess that everyone complains about this thing we call horse racing he is a shining light.

You are free to do what you like. And no I am not going to get in to a back and forth being his defender. I'll still listen.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1 View Post
I used to listen to his podcast on a regular basis. I do not listen any more because the guy is anti-American political hack; that is, he uses his show to advocate and advance political agenda that I believe is hurting Americans.

While the country is entering 4th week of government shutdown over illegal immigration and those seeking to gain illegal entry based on false claims of political amnesty, his show is playing advertisement from an agency that seeks donations for refugees that come here that do us harm.

I believe that US needs a review and honest assessment of its immigration and amnesty legislation that looks at impact on all Americans and not just those who want to profit from economics of mass labor migration.
Wait, so you're writing all this crap just because of an ad that appears during his show, or because he actually talks about politics that you don't agree with DURING his podcast?

Which one is it? I haven't listened lately, which is why I am asking.

If you are writing this only because of that advertisement (which he personally may or MAY NOT have control over), then you are WAY off base IMO.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #4
ultracapper

The guy has a horse racing show and is actually able to pick up advertisers. I would guess he couldn't care less what they are advertising, as long as they pay for the right. Not a lot of advertisers banging down the doors of this industry. He's lucky to be able to fill a slot or two.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 12:52 PM   #5
linrom1
Veteran

The post was not intended to generate debate on this subject. People have to make up their own mind!
Old 01-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The post was not intended to generate debate on this subject. People have to make up their own mind!
I'm not looking to debate. I'm looking for clarification on what you posted, which isn't clear.

Is the ad the only political thing about the show, or does he actually talk about non-racing politics on his show?
Old 01-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #7
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
The post was not intended to generate debate on this subject.
Brings a casserole to a casserole contest.. "this casserole is not intended to generate debate"..
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 01:16 PM   #8
linrom1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I'm not looking to debate. I'm looking for clarification on what you posted, which isn't clear.

Is the ad the only political thing about the show, or does he actually talk about non-racing politics on his show?
He repeatedly plays a public service announcement from a NGO that sponsors and seeks aid for refugees on a mass scale; that's a charade to politically promote mass migration and change demographic fabric of the United States.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:32 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
He repeatedly plays a public service announcement from a NGO that sponsors and seeks aid for refugees on a mass scale; that's a charade to politically promote mass migration and change demographic fabric of the United States.
You do realize Steve Byk's show originates on Sirius XM radio, correct? Who do you think controls what ads play on his show? I mean, maybe he does...but do you stop and think, before you post all this crap, that Sirius has a say on what ads get played? Maybe you should find out how and why certain ads get played before you condemn the man and his show.

Leave politics out of it for once. Everything has to be about politics these days. Damn shame.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:18 PM   #10
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Another Colgate radical! Ban him!

Byk’s a good guy and very nice to idiots who ask too many questions......don’t ask how I know

I haven’t spent any time with him in years, and I don’t claim to know him, but I sat in while he was doing his show from Toga a few days. He seemed first rate to me. I didn’t detect a whiff of politics
Old 01-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #11
Mailman

Every year when i go to Saratoga, I make it a point to stop by and say Hello to
him and tell him i enjoy the show. Really nice guy! One time I asked him who
picks out that funky music on the show, he told me he did, and if i see Nick Zito walking around the track, tell him you like the music on the show. He said Zito did not like the music he picks out.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #12
the little guy

I think Linrom's position as the internet's worst poster is pretty much solidified, but this is Hall of Fame stupidity.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 03:17 PM   #13
lex

Quote:
The Catholic Church?

Whoever the NGO is they aren't forcing you to donate so who cares.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 03:20 PM   #14
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
lex
Now THAT is pacing yourself
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 03:29 PM   #15
lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Now THAT is pacing yourself
Ha I'm shy! But sometimes you just have to jump in.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply