Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-11-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
formula_2002
what an easy game.

TWINSPIRES NEW ON LINE BETTING FORMAT

OVER THE YEARS I HAVE REVISED MY TOTE BOARD DOWN LOAD PROGRAM TO CONFORM TO THE SUTTLE CHANGES TO THE TWINSPIRES ON LINE TOTE BOARD.
NOW, AS OF DECEMBER 10, 2018 TWINSPIRES HAS MADE A "SEA CHANGE" TO THEIR ONLINE SITE STRUCTURE.

THE TOTEBOARD DATA I REQUIRE IS STILL THERE, BUT IS PRESENTED IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FORMAT.

I'M WATING FOR THE SPARK OF DESIRE TO TACKEL WRITTING A NEW PROGRAM. THAT IS NOT TO SAY THE PROGRAM MADE ANY LONG TERM MONEY, BUT IT DID MAKE ME ACUTELY AWARE OF HOW MONEY IS LOST!!

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 08:36 AM   #2
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
OVER THE YEARS I HAVE REVISED MY TOTE BOARD DOWN LOAD PROGRAM TO CONFORM TO THE SUTTLE CHANGES TO THE TWINSPIRES ON LINE TOTE BOARD.
NOW, AS OF DECEMBER 10, 2018 TWINSPIRES HAS MADE A "SEA CHANGE" TO THEIR ONLINE SITE STRUCTURE.

THE TOTEBOARD DATA I REQUIRE IS STILL THERE, BUT IS PRESENTED IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FORMAT.

I'M WATING FOR THE SPARK OF DESIRE TO TACKEL WRITTING A NEW PROGRAM. THAT IS NOT TO SAY THE PROGRAM MADE ANY LONG TERM MONEY, BUT IT DID MAKE ME ACUTELY AWARE OF HOW MONEY IS LOST!!
now we know why they changed the format, its simply to make it more difficult for you to figure out why you lost your money!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 08:59 AM   #3
soupman2

Actually I went on there last night and left. I don't want the information the way they are throwing it in my face. Yes placing a bet is easier but how I have to view the site sucks. I usually do two tracks. I like to see how many minutes and the odds like they had in the "Classic View". This weekend I will probably spend some more time with it and maybe I will like it better. As of now I am going to look for alternative sites.
soupman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 09:44 AM   #4
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
now we know why they changed the format, its simply to make it more difficult for you to figure out why you lost your money!
LOL.. THAT'S MY FUN FOR THE DAY

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
Old 12-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #5
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupman2 View Post
Actually I went on there last night and left. I don't want the information the way they are throwing it in my face. Yes placing a bet is easier but how I have to view the site sucks. I usually do two tracks. I like to see how many minutes and the odds like they had in the "Classic View". This weekend I will probably spend some more time with it and maybe I will like it better. As of now I am going to look for alternative sites.
Agreed. However if you look under preferences. You can bring back the old format. Your call Soupman. Good luck either way.....
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 01:08 PM   #6
Stevecsd2

TS Bring Back Old Version?

The only thing I see under MY Account Preferences is to Remember My Username.

Have they removed the option to bring up the old version already?
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #7
thaskalos

This new version is the worst wagering format that I've ever seen. Can't they make it more efficient to place a bet without having to screw up everything?
Old 12-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
tophatmert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
The only thing I see under MY Account Preferences is to Remember My Username.

Have they removed the option to bring up the old version already?
If you are a VIP all of the old formats are available to you.
tophatmert is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 01:29 PM   #9
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophatmert View Post
If you are a VIP all of the old formats are available to you.
What...and if you are not a VIP, they are showing you the door?
Old 12-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #10
Milkshaker

[QUOTE=Stevecsd2;2405551]The only thing I see under MY Account Preferences is to Remember My Username.

Same for me. What an absolute abortion. This interface looks like something a middle school student submitted for a programming project.

If anyone knows how to restore the classic pages, kindly post instructions.
Milkshaker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 01:37 PM   #11
tophatmert

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
What...and if you are not a VIP, they are showing you the door?
I guess you get the new platform only. I read here that VIP members can access the old platforms by clicking on the preferences tab. I use the classic interface and it looks and acts the same as before.
tophatmert is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 01:44 PM   #12
thaskalos

Quote:
I guess you get the new platform only. I read here that VIP members can access the old platforms by clicking on the preferences tab. I use the classic interface and it looks and acts the same as before.
This doesn't look like a sound business practice to me. Why not give the same interface option to ALL their customers? In today's ultra-competitive gambling marketplace, you can't afford to unnecessarily alienate customers...regardless of whether they are VIPs, or not.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:02 PM   #13
wisconsin

Quote:

Well, with work and other constraints, I have gone from Gold to Silver, to probably not even Bronze for 2019. I guess I'll be out of luck. I was able to retrieve the classic format yesterday, but if I can't use it after this year I'm out. I'm serious. The new screen is a joke.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:17 PM   #14
WP1981

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post

In the meantime you could tackel 2nd grade spelling and phonics. I don't know what you are wating for.
WP1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 05:41 PM   #15
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP1981 View Post
In the meantime you could tackel 2nd grade spelling and phonics. I don't know what you are wating for.
THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. I MUST HAVE MISSED THAT CLASS.

Winston Churchill

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: