Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 06-23-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Sat., June 23

Race One:

In this opening trot I’m going with the “Little Man’s Driver” (he tends to drive for smaller stables) Victor Kirby. My choice in this evening’s “Big M” lidlifter is 6 MR PROTAB. Make no mistake, this Cantab-bred bay gelding ran a solid race last week at “Club Med,” both “coming and going,” i.e. at the start and in the stretch. He finished second last week to a runaway winner, Majestic Sunset. I believe this guy builds off that effort. He should be in a good stalking position to unleash a stretch drive. Russell Earley III trains. Others: 4 Master Kingpin; 5 King Cast; 1 Rockin Redford.

Race Two:

Wasn’t this guy impressive last week? 5 MY WHITESOX. There was more “chalk” all over him (money wagered) than the chalk-dust on my cIothes when I clapped erasers outside my Boston elementary school (today, teachers use white dry-erase boards). Caveat: Don’t expect much at “the windows”. Anything. I repeat…anything resembling last week’s sterling effort and this guy will, once again, be visiting The Meadowlands winner’s circle. All that appears necessary is for Victor Kirby to ration out this guy’s speed. Robert Lounsbury, “The Scourge of Monticello Raceway,” trains. If you’re looking to “buy insurance”: 1 Meat Loaf; 3 Lemon Drop Hall; 2 Stormin Rustler.

Race Three:

4 DRUNK ON YOUR LOVE sticks out like the proverbial “sore thumb”. As Elvis Presley once sang: “It’s Now or Never!” I mean…”Dah!” Less than two months ago this guy was churning out a 1:50.2 mile in East Rutherford. This Foreclosure N-bred ran a solid mile in his most recent effort at Pocono (he did, however, finish 6th after a solid start). Yet, folks, in this company… Again, the cry of the “chalk players”: “Don’t expect much in return!” Gimmicks, i.e., multi-race wagers may be in order. The meet’s leading driver, Jim Marohn, Jr., is in the sulky. Mark Ford partially owns and trains this Ohio-bred. Others: 2 Yankee Heaven; 3 Spirit of Truth; 7 Hi Ho Steverino.

Race Four:

1 ODDS ON LAUDERDALE rallied in the stretch, last week, like he was “shot out of a cannon”. Anything resembling that most recent effort and it will be, once again, picture-taking time at “Club Med”. Vinny Ginsburg (the Ginsburg “mishpocheh”/Fusco “famiglia”) reprises the drive for trainer Tony Alagna. This guy again draws inside. He should be sitting a “stalk & pounce” trip. It will be up to Vinny G. to press the “Go” button at just the right time. If so, this guy should be charging home a winner. Others: 2 Real Rayenbow; 5 Rockin Machine; 8 Ideal Feeling.

Race Five:

Under the heading: “If The Price is Right, There’s Lucci in Sight!” I’m going with 7 INTRIGUE INTENDED (he’s was a longshot in his last two in the Caramore series). It’s “The Orange Crush” Andy Miller, who may just surprise this field with a flying-down-the-lane stretch-drive. This No Pan Intended-bred gelding has the ability to pull off the upset. I’m gonna: “Pay my nickel and take my chance”. Mark Infante trains. Others: 1 May I Cruise West; 3 Atlas Alliance N; 5 Danish Diligence.

Race Six:

“Come on, baby, let’s do the twist.” (Chubby Checker). Well, I’m going with “The Twist,” that’s 6 WHATA TWIST. This guy has faced better. Earlier in the year, this Abercrombie-bred gelding turned in a 1:51.3 in a winning effort at “The Big M”. Yet, nota bene: this guy has only won one race in 45 starts over the past two years. Is this evening wake-up call time? I believe so. Andy Miller is in the bike for trainer Stacy “Tough as Nails” Chiodo. Others: 2 Hefty Lefty, 1 Bobjack’s Angle; 3 Ring Warrior.

Race Seven:

4 JK PARLAY is my pick. It’s “The Harvard Man,” Pat Berry (That’s Harvard, IL), in the bike for trainer Nick Surick. This 4-year old didn’t fire in his last race at Pocono. I’m willing to give him “a mulligan” with the belief that his last race was an aberration (he won the previous week in a sparkling 1:51.4). Others: 7 Beyond Delight; 5 Live On; 3 Rainbow Romance.

Race Eight:

In the Caramore Final, I’m going with the horse who won both his preliminary-round legs, 3 ROCKINWITHTHEBEST. Jim Marohn, Jr. is in the bike for this Brandon Mongiello-owned and trained gelding. I’m looking for another top-notch performance from this guy. This Artsplace-bred has again drawn another good starting post slot. He should be in a perfect position to launch a late-closing bid. Others: 5 Byby Landon; 4 Sir Richie N; 1 Mike’s Powerhouse.

Race Nine:

This looks like “an inside job,” the race I mean. I believe the winner comes from the first four horses. But, which one. My choice is: 3 GRAVE DANCER. This guy is “on the improve”. I believe he’s coming up to a big race. Victory Kirby mans the reins for trainer Kelvin Harrison. I look for this Rock N Roll Heaven-bred to be out and going when the wings retract. Others: 1 Nobles Finesse; 4 FrankandJoanne; 2 Victorydaze Wilwin.

Race Ten:

7 REBELLIOUS. This guy is at the mercy of the race. Yet, I believe this fella has a chance, especially because there will be a lots of early speed to shoot at. If the race sets up the way I believe it does, then this gelding will be making steady progress behind “live” cover. “…4th, now, 3rd, now 2nd and quickly ranging up on the outside.” Can this scenario play out? You bet your dupa! Pat Berry handles the lines for part-owner and trainer Mike Deters. Others: 2 Awesomeness; 1/1A, Maroma Beach/Speed Again; 6 Blood Line.

Race Eleven:

In the finale, 5 MISTER INDIANA is my upset pick. This guy had a rough trip at Harrah’s Philadelphia in his last against somewhat better. He should fit in much better in this company. He has the services of a solid reinsman, Pat Berry and trainer, Eli Scott, Jr. He would benefit from any moisture on the racetrack. This just may the race where this fella “gets off the schneid”. Others: 3 Love Tap Hanover; 4 More Dragon; 7 Music is Art.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: